Syria

Trump Invades Syria

Although the Syrian army, with its ally Russia, has made significant gains against ISIS over the past week or so, the Washington Post is reporting tonight that President Trump has for the first time sent regular US military personnel into that country in combat positions.

This is an unprecedented escalation of US involvement in the Syrian war and it comes without Congressional authorization, without UN authorization, and without the authorization of the government of Syria. In short it is three ways illegal.

According to the Post, US Marines have departed their ships in the Mediterranean and have established an outpost on Syrian soil from where they will fire artillery toward the ISIS “headquarters” of Raqqa. The Post continues

The Marines on the ground include part of an artillery battery that can fire powerful 155-millimeter shells from M777 Howitzers, two officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the deployment. The expeditionary unit’s ground force, Battalion Landing Team 1st Battalion, 4th Marines, will man the guns and deliver fire support for U.S.-backed local forces who are preparing an assault on the city. Additional infantrymen from the unit are likely to provide security.

On March 5th, RT ran footage of a US military convoy entering Syria near Manbij. The US mainstream media initially blacked out the story, but the Post today confirmed that the troops were from the Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment in Stryker vehicles.

What is important to understand about this sudden escalation of US involvement is that if this “race to Raqqa” is won by the US military rather than by Syrian government forces, the chance that the US will hand the territory back to the Assad government is virtually nil. In other words, this is an operation far less about wiping ISIS out from eastern Syria and much more about the United States carving out eastern Syria as a permanent outpost from where it can, for example, continue the original neocon/Israeli/Saudi plan for “regime change” in Syria.

The United States is making a military bid for a very large chunk of sovereign Syrian territory. Something even Obama with his extraordinarily reckless Middle East policy would not dare to do.

How will the Russians react to this development?

How will the Russians react if increased US military activity on the ground in Syria begins to threaten Russian military forces operating in Syria (with the consent of that country’s legal government)?  With President Trump’s “get along with Russia” policy lying in the tatters of a Nikki Haley at the UN and a Fiona Hill at NSC Staff, how differently might the Russians see US actions in Syria than they might have only a month or so ago?

Make no mistake: this is big news. And very bad news.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-invades-syria/5578671

Okay, after quickly reading these sources, it's obvious that the US in NOT invading Syria. It even sounds like Russia and the US may be cooperating. Regardless, what an absurd headline. 

1 minute ago, mnino said:

Okay, after quickly reading these sources, it's obvious that the US in NOT invading Syria. It even sounds like Russia and the US may be cooperating. Regardless, what an absurd headline. 

How come that is an absurd?

The US does not have authorization to be there, neither from the Syrian government neither from the UN!

This in every military book is an invasion of a sovereing nation, regardless their (still yet obscure) objectives.

Now everyone is wondering for who the US will hand Raqqa, certainly not for the sovereign government of Syria.

Can you imagine the pandemonium on the ground there?

Now we have Syrian forces, Kurdish forces, ISIS forces, Turkish forces, US forces, Russian forces, a hell of armed forces, all over a piece of land of a sovereign state in the heart of the middle east.

What could possibly go wrong? WWIII.

21 minutes ago, Nessie said:

Now we have Syrian forces, Kurdish forces, ISIS forces, Turkish forces, US forces, Russian forces, a hell of armed forces, all over a piece of land of a sovereign state in the heart of the middle east.

The pandemonium there has been going on for years already.

I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the issue, however, the connotation (not the book definition) of invading a country goes a bit beyond sending troops to aid in stopping a group that has illegally taken control of said country's land. Representatives from Russia, US and Turkey met two days ago before this happened and I haven't seen any condemnation from either country against this move from the US yet. 

Things could go really wrong, of course. It is a big deal. My problem is with incendiary headlines that don't appropriately describe reality. Semantics aside, the US is not trying to take over Syria and overthrow its government. At least, not yet. 

Unsurprising

Anyone who still thinks Trump is anti-establishment needs to wake up and smell the coffee. As establishment playbook as it gets. Then again many people refuse to look at the evidence that both US parties are controlled by the same shadowy forces. It was meant to get to this point from the word go.

And the worst has yet to come. The Fed is about to raise interest rates, China is knocking and demanding debt repayment. $20 trillion worth of debt because of decades of military interventions that not only have jeopardised everyone's security but that have been justified with lies and deceit.

European and US banking dinasties need war to justify their eternal racketeering on people. Plus taking away liberties, spying on common citizens and privatising public resources in the name of "security" or "rationalising expenditure"

On 09/03/2017 at 4:30 PM, mnino said:

The pandemonium there has been going on for years already.

I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the issue, however, the connotation (not the book definition) of invading a country goes a bit beyond sending troops to aid in stopping a group that has illegally taken control of said country's land. Representatives from Russia, US and Turkey met two days ago before this happened and I haven't seen any condemnation from either country against this move from the US yet. 

Things could go really wrong, of course. It is a big deal. My problem is with incendiary headlines that don't appropriately describe reality. Semantics aside, the US is not trying to take over Syria and overthrow its government. At least, not yet. 

Assad: No one invited US to Manbij, all foreign troops in Syria without permission are ‘invaders’

Any foreign forces, including those from the US, that enter Syria without invitation are invaders, Syrian President Bashar Assad told Chinese media in an interview, noting that no one had given the US troops currently in Manbij permission to be there.

“Any foreign troops coming to Syria without our invitation or consultation or permission, they are invaders, whether they are American, Turkish, or any other one,” Assad told Chinese PHOENIX TV, as cited by the Syrian state-run SANA news agency.

When a journalist asked the Syrian president if Damascus had “opened doors” for American troops in Aleppo province’s city of Manbij, Assad said “No, we didn’t.”

“What are they [foreign troops] going to do? To fight ISIS [Islamic State, formerly ISIL]? The Americans lost nearly every war. They lost in Iraq, they had to withdraw at the end. Even in Somalia, let alone Vietnam in the past and Afghanistan.”

According to Assad, the US “didn’t succeed anywhere they sent troops, they only create a mess; they are very good in creating problems and destroying, but they are very bad in finding solutions.”

The Pentagon confirmed earlier in March that US troops had been sent to Manbij to prevent conflict between US-backed Kurdish forces and rebels backed by Turkey.

Without foreign intervention, the Syrian war “will take a few months” to bring to an end, Assad noted.

“The complexity of this war is the foreign intervention. This is the problem,” he said.

Syria’s president stressed that government troops are now very close to Raqqa, Islamic State’s stronghold some 100 kilometers from Manbij.

American troops were first spotted in the town earlier in March. Reports emerged at the time claiming that a deal had been struck for the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to hand over some 20 villages in a zone between Manbij and Al-Bab, which had been recently taken by Turkish-backed forces, to the Syrian government.

“They [Syrian forces] are certainly aware of where we [US] are, and we are aware of where they are. There is no intention between the two of there being any conflict against any party other than ISIS,” Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis told reporters.

On Thursday, the US-led coalition confirmed that around 400 American marines and army rangers had arrived in Syria to establish an outpost to support an operation to take the city of Raqqa. The new contingent adds to the 500 US troops already in Syria. US Air Force Colonel John Dorrian, the coalition’s spokesman, says the new soldiers have been deployed to expedite the defeat of the terrorists in Raqqa.

https://www.rt.com/news/380256-assad-foreign-troops-invaders/

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LSD said:

More unilateral Washington DC interventionism, after Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia etc etc. Illegal in every possible way. Meanwhile terrorism continues to be backed in the region by Western allies such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Shameless liars

The other hypocritical pig Erdogan says that Allah will avenge the chemical attack victims  (tipycal fundamentalist code language of vindicative Gods, the irony). Never mind Turkey is co-responsible for ISIS!

And in any case shouldn't it be proven without a shadow of a doubt that the chemical attack was carried out by government forces before undertaking such an extreme measure with potential multiple chain consequences? Literally overnight, where is the evidence? It's grotesque.

You can't make this shit up

The US has just bombed Syria. Now an official state of war exists. There are uncorfimed reports that russians were at the base during the attack. WWIII? God help us all.

All this looks so orchestrated. I'm sure Trump designed the script: 

Kids dead 

Sad faces 

We won't tolerate this 

Invasion 

Well this is not wwiii (I wonder why people is so eager to use that term????)  this is just Russia and USA finally ending their plans there.  Some pantomime.  

10 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Kids dead 

Sad faces 

We won't tolerate this 

Invasion 

Well this is not wwiii (I wonder why people is so eager to use that term????)  this is just Russia and USA finally ending their plans there.  Some pantomime.  

At this point we can only pray that the US stop this agression, if it goes one step further it can put itself directly in a war with Russia, unless Putin simply give up on Syria. One thing is certain now: a state of war exists between the US and Syria.

If Russia complains, it's all fake. The only "good" thing for this mess we are living is that Trump and Putin are close chums. They have simply agreed on how to eat the big cake that is Middle East, nothing more and nothing less. They are currently much more busy on how to start getting oil from the Artic. Syria is for them like Rebel Heart for Madonna. Something from the past after moving on. 

Oh, and the most dangerous thing about this is not Russia, is the fact that USA, once again, has gone bombing without the UNO permission, which normally is dangerous per sé, but with Trump trying to break the UNO and all that, it is what worries me the most. 

On 9/3/2017 at 8:43 PM, Nessie said:

:imsad:

On 09/03/2017 at 8:43 PM, Nessie said:

Im disgusted and utterly unhappy of what US is doing 

8 hours ago, karbatal said:

Kids dead 

Sad faces 

We won't tolerate this 

Invasion 

I'm not a cynical person, nor am I one to engage in conspiracy theories, but you're so right with this. Couple it with approval ratings that are plunging lower every single day, and you have someone who needed to 'rally the country around the flag' and 'support our president in a time of war'. It's all so transparent. It's all so unbelievably awful.

And the fact his administration has been SO anti refugee makes it all the more sickening. 

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

^ :chuckle:

Between Spazz and Trump.... Love dont live heeeeeeeeere anymoooooooooore 

I have never been & never will a Trump supporter.

I was just optimistic if he cooperates with Russia to get rid of the evil ISIS and it turned out to be impossible after this insane attack on the legit Syrian forces.

so he is a BIG CUNT in my book.

lis bien ce que j'ai déjà écrit maintenant @runa

43 minutes ago, spazz said:

I have never been & never will a Trump supporter.

I was just optimistic if he cooperates with Russia to get rid of the evil ISIS and it turned out to be impossible after this insane attack on the legit Syrian forces.

so he is a BIG CUNT in my book.

lis bien ce que j'ai déjà écrit maintenant @runa

You've never been a Trump supporter? Are you fucking kidding me ??? :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh the delusion, :rotfl:

1 minute ago, runa said:

You've never been a Trump supporter? Are you fucking kidding me ??? :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh the delusion, :rotfl:

U always attack me for whatever political views I say it's disturbing 

I am a supporter of any president who get rid of ISIS / Daech on the battlefield not just petty speeches.

That's the only thing I care for.

& im not an American citizen.