MadonnaNation.com Forums
mnino

Time To Appreciate One of Her Greatest Love Songs!

mnino    0
So tired of broken hearts and losing at this game. Before I start this dance I take a chance in telling you I want more than just romance.
You are my destiny, I can't let go baby can't you see? Cupid please take your aim at me! Cherish the thought of always having you here by my side
giphy.gif

Cherish the joy you keep bringing it into my life (I'm always singing it)
Cherish your strength, you got the power to make me feel good. I perish the thought of ever leaving, I never would!

I was never satisfied with casual encounters... I can't hide my need for two hearts that bleed with burning love, that's the way it's got to be.
tumblr_n3vnf72drJ1tvjfcso6_400.gif

Romeo and Juliet, they never felt this way I bet, so don't underestimate my point of view!

THIS SONG IS PURE JOY.

THE JOY OF BEING IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE.

THE JOY OF DECIDING TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH SOMEONE. 

:inlove:

Jazzy Jan    0

:inlove:  Most pure and joyful love song ever.  Her vocals are clear, sweet and gorgeous, the melody is beautiful and the lyrics are full of love and hope.  Timeless song. 

mnino    0
30 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

:inlove:  Most pure and joyful love song ever.  Her vocals are clear, sweet and gorgeous, the melody is beautiful and the lyrics are full of love and hope.  Timeless song. 

8196739.gif

Inlakesh    0

awww i was just revisiting this yesterday...those sirenes are hot as well...and the kid is so cute...and she looks so motherly with him...beautiful video and song.

Robin    0

guilty pleasure lol

IsaacHarris    0

Among her many classics, Cherish SHINES! :confessions: The definition of pop perfection!

IsaacHarris    0

2 hours ago, mnino said:
...you got the power to make me feel good. I perish the thought of ever leaving, I never would!

One of the BEST choruses in her entire discography.

Pedro    0

The song, The photography of Herb, the video and The merman, besides the intriguing kid through out the video. It also made me wonder the meaning of the true blue phrase as it was not really translatable into Spanish. 

XXL    0

Absolutely perfect pop classic

Gorgeous melody, lyrics and visually speaking the video is just something else

i hope she revisits this song live in the future

Willie    0

This has to be done live one of these days! I always have to attempt the dancing whenever I am on a beach - so much fun :-)

karbatal    0

Love it.  One of her best singles ever!  And Madonna wasn't sure of including it in Like a Prayer! 

Crux    0

Classic Madonna. This and TB are like pea's from the same pod. I love it.

acko    0

I've said this before, but it's incredibly well written, lyrics, melody, structure....just wow.

20 hours ago, Robin said:

guilty pleasure lol

How is this a "guilty pleasure"? Cherish may not be the most original love song in history BUT, it fits right in with the BEST of them. Had the Supremes or Temptations recorded this in the 60's, it would SOOOO be a classic. 

In my mind, it's a total classic.

Robin    0
20 minutes ago, albertogerard said:

How is this a "guilty pleasure"? Cherish may not be the most original love song in history BUT, it fits right in with the BEST of them. Had the Supremes or Temptations recorded this in the 60's, it would SOOOO be a classic. 

In my mind, it's a total classic.

Being a heterosexual male i shouldnt like it . Basically i wouldnt hear the end of it from my friends lol

IsaacHarris    0
1 hour ago, Robin said:

Being a heterosexual male i shouldnt like it . Basically i wouldnt hear the end of it from my friends lol

you're not alone!

During my senior year of high school, this particularly macho teacher would always play music before class; to my surprise, he picked Cherish one morning! He later told me that it was Madonna's best song & even played it back to back! :wow:

Robin    0
39 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

you're not alone!

During my senior year of high school, this particularly macho teacher would always play music before class; to my surprise, he picked Cherish one morning! He later told me that it was Madonna's best song & even played it back to back! :wow:

Lmaaoo its a hella of a good song . I dont blame him for it