Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XXL

Angela Merkel calls for cooperation with Russia in fight against Isis

12 posts in this topic

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-russia-cooperation-fight-against-isis-terrorism-munich-security-conference-nato-a7587011.html

Angela Merkel calls for cooperation with Russia in fight against Isis amid tensions over alleged election interference

 

angela-merkel-munich.jpg

 

German Chancellor says terrorism is ‘one area where we have the same interests’

 

Angela Merkel has called on Europe and its allies to cooperate with Russia in the fight against Isis in spite of tensions over Syria, Ukraine, alleged cyber attacks and the propagation of “fake news”. “The joint fight against Islamic terrorism is one area where we have the same interests and we can work together,” the German Chancellor told the annual Munich Security Conference.

The US Vice President was among world leaders in the audience for the speech, which came amid continued disputes over Russia’s alleged interference in elections in the US and Germany. Ms Merkel was among the many critics of Donald Trump’s attempt to ban immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries, saying Islam itself was not a source of terrorism and targeted countries must be included in the fight against extremism.

 

The US-led international coalition and Russia are backing opposite sides in the Syrian civil war – even though both target Isis – while also imposing waves of sanctions and counter sanctions over the Kremlin’s involvement in Ukraine. Russia has been accused of violating international law in both countries, annexing Crimea in 2014 and conducting indiscriminate bombing raids amounting to war crimes in support of Syria’s autocratic President Bashar al-Assad.

Tensions have risen further over allegations that the Kremlin backed cyber attacks attempting to influence the US and German elections, as well as controversy over “fake news” spread by state-funded outlets including Russia Today and Sputnik. “We know that Russia communicates very openly that it views hybrid warfare as a form of defence,” Ms Merkel said when questioned on the issue.

 

“If I could wish for one thing, it would certainly be very good to get this topic, for example, on the agenda in the framework of Nato-Russia talks.” The Russian government has denied involvement in hacking attempts and accused Nato and Western media in turn of conducting a “propaganda war” against it. While repeatedly professing his admiration for Vladimir Putin and desire to improve relations with Russia, Mr Trump called Nato “obsolete” during his election campaign and questioned US funding for the alliance.

 

But on Saturday, his deputy Mike Pence told the Munich Security Conference the US would be “unwavering” in its commitment to the transatlantic military alliance.

“Your struggles are our struggles,” the Vice President said. “Your success is our success. And ultimately, we walk into the future together.”  Ms Merkel had pledged to do “everything possible” to hit Nato spending targets, with uneven contributions repeatedly targeted by Mr Trump, and appealed to the US to bolster international organisations like the EU and UN. The Trump administration’s approach to international affairs and the President’s support for Brexit has sparked fears that he may have little interest in working in multilateral forums.

 

 

 

 

Q8khAU.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well well well,  looks like now they have stopped the charade against Russia.  

Come on EU, start doing business with Russia again.  China is already trying to make an Asian commercial area and USA and UK soon will join it.  

Stop wasting time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two or three years ago I would have escorted Merkel out of office myself, because I can't stand her teflon persona and lack of backbone in politics. But right now I just hope she will stay chancellor as she seems to be the only reliable politician left on the world stage who can manage to stay calm and focused. She's respected and has much influence and the 'teflon' is just what we need nowadays. I don't see Martin Schulz ( her strongest opponent for chancellorship) handling the international affairs the way she can. And I agree with her, when it comes to ISIS we must overcome all differences and fight the problem together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American governments, of any political persuasion, do not want ISIS to get defeated, until it serves the intended purpose that is, that's the whole point essentially. ISIS has been an instrument of CIA, Mossad creation (but the ultimate puppetteer is the Vatican and the military order of the Jesuits first and foremost) to take down Assad from the word go and to once again meddle into the affairs of a sovreign state under the false flag of democracy exportation

They don't like Iran and Syria (same way they didn't like Iraq and Lybia's moves, mind you, after having funnelled money into both regimes for decades, most notably they didn't appreciate Gaddafi's attempts to create a Pan African gold-based currency basket that would have challenged the dollar as world reserve currency, therefore Washington had to create a massive structural hole in both countries) because unlike the criminal Sunni Gulf States they do business with and engineer total unrest through the whole region those other predominantly Shiite nations oppose the US egemonic designs for the region. Sadly all of the background history is completely lost on most people

Using AlNusra, an open Al Qaeda front in Syria against Assad is the ultimate insult to 3,000 US citizens who were slaughtered on 9/11

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merkel better finally work with Russia to resolve this situation because the migrant crisis is about to explode on her face.

Turkey is threatening to open the gates for the millions refugees from Syria, and just in Iraq there is more 200.000 displaced people from Mosul soon coming to Europe's doors. The time has come to take responsability and clean up the ISIS mess once and for all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turkey? Who cares about Turkey? Once they have had their referendum and re-introduce death penalty, Turkey will become a third world country again because all talks about a possible EU membership will stop the very minute. This asshole Erdogan may fool his own citizens and great parts of the Turkish people living in Germany but the truth is that Turkey is in a terrible economic situation. And all the political things Erdogan does at the moment is only to distract from that. Although having above 10% inflation cannot be hidden from the public. But there is still Russia he can turn to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putin must be happy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2017 at 7:21 PM, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Turkey? Who cares about Turkey? Once they have had their referendum and re-introduce death penalty, Turkey will become a third world country again because all talks about a possible EU membership will stop the very minute. This asshole Erdogan may fool his own citizens and great parts of the Turkish people living in Germany but the truth is that Turkey is in a terrible economic situation. And all the political things Erdogan does at the moment is only to distract from that. Although having above 10% inflation cannot be hidden from the public. But there is still Russia he can turn to.

Sad thing is that Turkey now can blackmail the EU as much as they want with their menace of letting refugees cross their borders.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, karbatal said:

Sad thing is that Turkey now can blackmail the EU as much as they want with their menace of letting refugees cross their borders.  

This may be true to some extent. But I think the general consensus in Germany is, "enough is enough". You know the whole situation of Turkish politicians coming to Germany having a rally. Basically selling the presidential system to the Turkish community. Seriously? Now that mayors have called off those events for security reasons or because permissions were granted because the applicants lied about the reason for permission. And now Turkey is enraged, calling us Nazis (how boring!) and citing freedom of speech and others. Funny, considering how Turkey thinks about civil rights. Today the constitutional court said that the constitution only grants freedom of assembly to German people and not for foreign politicians coming to Germany. Therefore the German government can actually forbid those events. And this is exactly what the large majority of people expect. People are annoyed that German politicians are so quiet and do not put Erdogan in his place. People are also annoyed with large parts of the Turkish community in Germany that endorse Erdogan. It's disgusting actually. The enjoy the civil rights and also the social system of Germany (some may say they exploit it) yet they reject this country, its laws and language and even worse, have no problem when civil rights are taken away from their own brothers and sisters in Turkey. I have no sympathy for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy that Germany forbid those meetings.  Austria was about to forbid them too.  

Good.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

This may be true to some extent. But I think the general consensus in Germany is, "enough is enough". You know the whole situation of Turkish politicians coming to Germany having a rally. Basically selling the presidential system to the Turkish community. Seriously? Now that mayors have called off those events for security reasons or because permissions were granted because the applicants lied about the reason for permission. And now Turkey is enraged, calling us Nazis (how boring!) and citing freedom of speech and others. Funny, considering how Turkey thinks about civil rights. Today the constitutional court said that the constitution only grants freedom of assembly to German people and not for foreign politicians coming to Germany. Therefore the German government can actually forbid those events. And this is exactly what the large majority of people expect. People are annoyed that German politicians are so quiet and do not put Erdogan in his place. People are also annoyed with large parts of the Turkish community in Germany that endorse Erdogan. It's disgusting actually. The enjoy the civil rights and also the social system of Germany (some may say they exploit it) yet they reject this country, its laws and language and even worse, have no problem when civil rights are taken away from their own brothers and sisters in Turkey. I have no sympathy for that.

I think Germans have EVERY RIGHT to forbid a foreign country to held their rallies WITHIN their country. I mean what did the Turks expect??? To come to Germany without any concern and agitate for the elections? It seems absurd... I think its only logically Germany didn't allow Turkish politics to act like they are in Turkey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/03/2017 at 5:55 PM, Nessie said:

Merkel better finally work with Russia to resolve this situation because the migrant crisis is about to explode on her face.

Turkey is threatening to open the gates for the millions refugees from Syria, and just in Iraq there is more 200.000 displaced people from Mosul soon coming to Europe's doors. The time has come to take responsability and clean up the ISIS mess once and for all!

 

U always on spot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0