loowee

Madonna's PEAK year?

?   109 members have voted

1. 1. Which year was her peak?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 posts in this topic

in terms of popularity, media coverage and commercial success. Which was her BIGGEST year?

(late 1984-) 1985 was her breakthrough year 

1986 was when she became a solidified global superstar

1990 was the definition of iconic

I went with 90.

1️⃣9️⃣9️⃣0️⃣

OK now seriously,  against all believes,  she was at her peak both commercially and critically plus legend dominion in 2001

1990 probably.

I'd say 1990 put her up there with the legends but by this time she was already more controversial. In 1986 she was on top of everything, liked and loved by the public and backed up by massive chart success. By that time she was even a movie star, the flops happened later. So I would say her commercial peak was 86, though her entry to iconic mega stardom happened around 1990, but it feels like it's been established in retrospect. 

51 minutes ago, karbatal said:

OK now seriously,  against all believes,  she was at her peak both commercially and critically plus legend dominion in 2001

3 minutes ago, Lolo said:

I'd say 1990 put her up there with the legends but by this time she was already more controversial. In 1986 she was on top of everything, liked and loved by the public and backed up by massive chart success. By that time she was even a movie star, the flops happened later. So I would say her commercial peak was 86, though her entry to iconic mega stardom happened around 1990, but it feels like it's been established in retrospect. 

Both of these !

1998, 2000-2001, 2006 were amazing years as well where she was at the top of her game. I would say she had multiple peaks through her career and that's amazing.

out of these three, 1985.BUt the thing with madonna is that she has had a lot of peak years! 1985, 1987, 1990, 1998, 2001, 2005

1989!

1989-1990-1991

The GOLDEN years, she was the biggest popstar in the world. 

Guys I know she's had many peak moments, but I'm asking for the ultimate peak, which I think is Virgin era vs True Blue era vs Blond Ambition/Immaculate era. I know she was hugely successful during ROL and COADF, but I don't think the level of mass hysteria could match her first decade at all.

The ultimate peak would exclude others big successful moments eras, as if they did not count at all. To reduce Madonna to a mere Daily Fail/Billboardshit type of career classification (some of the cliche words used here sound exactly like those horrendous publications) is insulting to Madonna's longevity. Just my opinion.

13 minutes ago, pjcowley said:

The ultimate peak would exclude others big successful moments eras, as if they did not count at all. To reduce Madonna to a mere Daily Fail/Billboardshit type of career classification (some of the cliche words used here sound exactly like those horrendous publications) is insulting to Madonna's longevity. Just my opinion.

HUH?

giphy.gif

Voted 1990 because of the continuous success and the crowning with BAT/IC, but I would definitely define 2005/6 as the years she transitioned from a super mega successful superstar to a Legend, she truly become untouchable after reclaiming her status after COADF, not that she wasn't before but everything changed after that. She also became the touring force like no other. 

MCMXC

1990. No question. She DOMINATED.

I don't think you can compare any era to 1989-1991. The True Blue, ROL--Music, and Confessions era's simply don't match up the colossal success during that time. The hysteria, media attention, and controversy just can't be matched and never will be.