Would you pay thousands to look like THIS...

British surgery addict spends almost $170,000 to look like real-life Ken doll

Rodrigo Alves' near-death experience won't put a stop to his quest for plastic perfection. The 30-year-old Londoner, who has had 20 cosmetic procedures, said he would probably have more surgeries in the future.

BY Victoria Taylor /

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS /

Published: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 3:07 PM
Updated: Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 5:36 PM

http://i61.tinypic.com/1zplcli.jpg

Rodrigo Alves has had 12 major operations and eight minor cosmetic procedures.

A Brazilian-born flight attendant who wants to live in a Barbie world has undergone 20 cosmetic procedures to look like a human Ken doll.

Rodrigo Alves, a 30-year-old self-proclaimed plastic surgery addict, has spent some 100,000 British pounds, about $168,850, on his obsession, according to SWNS.

His numerous surgeries include three nose jobs, jaw liposuction, calf shaping, pectoral implants and a six-pack-sculpting operation.

He also goes for Botox twice a year and takes collagen tablets, anti-water retention pills and hair growth supplements, SWNS reported.

Alves, who lives in London and describes himself as a “worldwide socialite” on his Instagram page, said Barbie’s beau looks like the “ideal man.”

“With Ken everything is exactly in the right place, his back, his biceps, his jawline,” he told SWNS. “So of course I’d like to look like him. He’s perfect!”

http://static2.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1774366.1398884821!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/spl747721-009.jpg

But Alves’ quest for a life in plastic nearly killed him.

In January, he developed an infection after a doctor injected a gel into his arms and had to spend three weeks in a Brazilian hospital.

“It nearly got to the stage where they were talking about chopping my arm off. The doctors said if the bacteria had gone to my heart I would have died,” he said.

He eventually recovered and returned to England, where he saw a therapist who said he had body dysmorphia, a body-image disorder characterized by an obsession with one's appearance and imperfections, whether real or imagined.

“Hopefully the therapy will help me not to have this desire to keep enhancing and changing myself and having fillers. It's all very painful,” he said.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2ynmeld.jpg

Thirty-year-old Londoner Rodrigo Alves admits he will likely have more cosmetic operations.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2e5uxw3.jpg

Rodrigo Alves calls Barbie’s doll beau, Ken, the ‘ideal man,’ adding, ‘Of course I’d like to look like him. He’s perfect!’

Even though his near-death experience has made him think twice about going under the knife, Alves admits he will likely have more surgeries.

“I haven’t yet found an answer to my addiction. It’s just so difficult to control,” he said. “I’d like to make my shoulders bigger, my bum rounder, my pecs larger and probably another nose job,” he said.

http://i62.tinypic.com/zydn9j.jpg

• 2 years later...

2 years later he looks more cartoonish!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/human-ken-doll-breathe-properly-due-plastic-surgery-article-1.2965595

'Human Ken Doll' can't breathe properly due to plastic surgery

BY  BRIAN LISI 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, February 6, 2017, 3:22 PM

lvkendoll7f.jpg

Rodrigo Alves compared his body to a car, saying it requires "a constant maintenance." (THIS MORNING/YOUTUBE)

Barbie's Dreamhouse has become a nightmare.

While appearing on the British TV talk show "This Morning," "Human Ken Doll" Rodrigo Alves revealed that simply taking in air has become problematic thanks to his numerous plastic surgeries.

"July of last year I had my nose reconstructed with a piece of cartilage from my ribs," said Alves, who has had eight nose jobs alone. "That helped, but I still can't breathe 100%."

With much of his income reportedly thanks to properties he inherited from his grandparents, Alves has spent nearly half a million dollars on everything from chest silicone implants to a fake six pack and stem cell injections into his face and hair.

With his sandy blonde hair and sanded down features, he has since gained notoriety for resembling Barbie's longtime love interest Ken.

"It was never my intention to look like the Ken doll, but apparently I look like a doll," he admitted. "I personally don't think I look like a doll."

Asked by the hosts why he continues to get surgeries if he can't even breathe properly, Alves described his many rhinoplasties as having a "domino effect" that require repair.

"Now I can't breathe so I have to do another surgery to repair my breathing," he said. "It's just like when you start dyeing your hair."

The hosts continued to express concern over the 33-year-old's fondness for these operations, but Alves waved off the suggestion that he could possibly be hooked on the knife.

"No one can get addicted to plastic surgery," he said. "There's no such thing."

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

I thought the Ken dude had died?

It was the other Brazilian Ken-Doll who died....

Brazilian real-life 'Ken doll' who spent £30,000 on surgery dies after five-month battle with leukaemia 

• 20-year-old Celso Santebanes died after contracting pneumonia
  • He started his transformation after winning a modelling contest aged 16 
  • He charged up to £10,000 for a VIP appearance 
  • Celso discovered he had cancer when fillers in his legs became infected

A real-life Ken doll has died after losing a five-month battle against leukaemia.

Brazilian Celso Santebanes, 20, spent £30,000 on surgery to turn himself into a human version of Barbie's boyfriend.

He started his transformation into manufacturer Mattel's iconic toy after winning a modelling contest at the age of 16.

29677E0700000578-3113540-image-a-78_1433

1406979785402_wps_1_Celso_Santebanes_ins

He was catapulted to fame after being spotted by a talk show in his native Sao Paulo and began to charge up to £10,000 for a VIP appearance.

Celso, a doll enthusiast, grew up with a shelf-full of dolls and claimed that his family had always told him he looked like the doll, which inspired him to become a 'human puppet'.

He changed his last name from Borges Pereira to Santebanes, the name of his favourite character on a Mexican TV show.   

He launched his own line of Celso Dolls in Los Angeles shortly before falling ill.

Celso died at a university hospital in Uberlandia in the state of Minais Gerais on Thursday after contracting pneumonia.

1406981438932_wps_7_celsosantebanes_4_In

He had been admitted to the hospital on May 26 for chemotherapy sessions.

He was buried yesterday.

Dad Celio Borges said: 'When he was starting to fulfill his dreams, he discovered his illness and his dreams were interrupted.

'He had plans but God had others.' 

296781E500000578-3113540-image-a-80_1433

1406981548995_wps_11_celsosantebanes_7_I  1406981548261_Image_galleryImage_celsosa

Celso discovered he had cancer after going to hospital to treat infections caused by hydrogel fillers injected into his legs four years ago.

The former miner had four ops on his nose, chin and jaw - plus silicone implants in his chest - after friends told him he looked like a puppet.

In an interview with a Brazilian newspaper after he was discovered, he said: 'This is so magical. My life has changed. 'I feel like the whole of Brazil is supporting me.

'People are sometimes frightened by the way I look, and stop me to say how much I look like a doll.

'I do suffer a lot of prejudice. But the world is full of judgmental people, I don't care.'

But in January this year, Celso announced that he was starting a 'new cycle' in his life, and that he was 'no longer concerned with the issue of aesthetics'. 

'For me that doesn't matter,' he told the Latin Times. 'What matters now is my health and I will fight for it.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3113540/Brazilian-real-life-Ken-doll-spent-30-000-surgery-dies-five-month-battle-leukaemia.html