754 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

Australians have shocking taste in music nowadays.  Leebf's post about his colleague proves it and I sure he would agree.   The majority just go along with what they are told is popular.  Am so tired of listening to my colleagues rave about every lame performer that is popular and who they read about in the press.  They when you talk in depth about any of these artists that they think is "amazing"  and wonderful, they don't even have their albums or know their work !   It is unbelievable.   I have to bite my tongue and listen to them.  I don't get though how someone can rave about someone and then not even know their music properly.  It is bizarre. 

The power of the press on the mindless sheep.

tumblr_nlgy8dpryv1r3i2kko3_500.gif

2 hours ago, JWAD said:

SOLD OUT 

(parking passes only) 😜

IMG_8624.PNG

This makes me so mad as they announced it as a sold out tour! And the general public think it is, or maybe nobody cares. But she's got some nerve 😡😡😡 🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

I have always said it and there is another FACT right here, this cunt and her team are a FRAUD! Madonna is always a big seller here in Montreal and she usually sells out in like 30 minutes so Live Nation is adding a new date ON THE SPOT! because of the ACTUAL demand! When this turd's tickets were on sale they claimed it was a sellout in 30 minutes! well this is utter bullshit because these are resellers sites where you can buy between 50 and 95 tickets PER PURHASE in many sections including the floor!! no wonder they didn't add a second date! there must be thousands of tickets left!!

https://www.ticketliquidator.com/event/3052763/lady-gaga-tickets/montreal-qc 

http://centre.bellmontreal.com/Tickets-Active.php?eventID=2270289&venueID=1119

https://www.stubhub.com/lady-gaga-tickets-lady-gaga-montreal-bell-centre-9-4-2017/event/9818051/?mbox=1&rS=6&abbyo=true&sliderpos=false&qtyq=false&qtyddab=true&sort=price+asc

https://www.billets.ca/concerts/lady-gaga/lady-gaga-montreal-centre-bell-2017-09-04-19h30/

@Lucky Star One and Bruce the Handsome shark. 

I respect anyone's opinion to love who they want, but I can't ever understand people raving about someone they obviously know very little about.  If they knew their music in some kind of detail apart from 1 or 2 songs, I would respect their views. But they know virtually none of the music of the people they are raving about.   Why talking music is always better on this forum because we are all music fans and praise the ones we love because we truly do love and appreciate their music. 

Yep part of media is aggressive in telling you what music they think you should listen to, so not surpirised masses follow what they are told. People like to be in on the hype of the moment. 

I've had the impression for a while that some writers on mainstream new sites aren't very into or knowledgeable about music. There's strangely not much diversity of opinion! Kinda odd that there's widespread acclaim for some artists & the articles sometimes appear interchangeable. 

Yes Jazzyjan is right we are sheep lead by the media who tell us who's popular and what artists to buy and see etc. It disgusts me.

When gaga first came out they said her shows were better than madonna and we didnt need madonna to tour here again as gaga was better than her etc...

But im not suprised we're the country that is obsessed with pink and she performs like 100 shows here...look i saw her in 2004 2 for 1 tickets as she couldnt sell out and venue was 3/4 full it was a good show and i liked her acrobatics spinning in air...but she has done the same shit for 15 years now same concert and same album. Im pretty sure the same show i saw in 04 is the same show she last did here she is the new Michael Jackson and janet recycling each tour for the next.

Its like people forgot the hysteria when madonna first came here in 93 she was first woman to play stadiums and sold out multiple dates and performed for nearly 500,000 Australians it was nuts she was making $1m a show. I just read Adele who is doing a similar size tour as madonna did in 93 is only making $800k a show...madonnas income in 93 is higher than Adele 24 years later. That shows you how big she was here. 

19 minutes ago, Leebf said:

Yes Jazzyjan is right we are sheep lead by the media who tell us who's popular and what artists to buy and see etc. It disgusts me.

When gaga first came out they said her shows were better than madonna and we didnt need madonna to tour here again as gaga was better than her etc...

But im not suprised we're the country that is obsessed with pink and she performs like 100 shows here...look i saw her in 2004 2 for 1 tickets as she couldnt sell out and venue was 3/4 full it was a good show and i liked her acrobatics spinning in air...but she has done the same shit for 15 years now same concert and same album. Im pretty sure the same show i saw in 04 is the same show she last did here she is the new Michael Jackson and janet recycling each tour for the next.

Its like people forgot the hysteria when madonna first came here in 93 she was first woman to play stadiums and sold out multiple dates and performed for nearly 500,000 Australians it was nuts she was making $1m a show. I just read Adele who is doing a similar size tour as madonna did in 93 is only making $800k a show...madonnas income in 93 is higher than Adele 24 years later. That shows you how big she was here. 

wow!

Mediatraffic Estimation Week 18
Joanne 36,000 (1,125,000)

53 (+7) LADY GAGA - Million Reasons: 35.638 (+2.035)

REALLY WHAT S GOING ON

11 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

REALLY WHAT S GOING ON

well, their strategy seems to be working...

2 hours ago, Leebf said:

Madonna actually made 1.5 million a show. I've got several articles where they delved into the financial side of the Australian tour rather than the glitz and glam. Not bad considering most of the non golden circle tickets were only $60. Back then that was considered very steep. I'll never understand why she skipped Perth considering how much money was to be made versus expenses.

12 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Australians have shocking taste in music nowadays.  Leebf's post about his colleague proves it and I sure he would agree.   The majority just go along with what they are told is popular.  Am so tired of listening to my colleagues rave about every lame performer that is popular and who they read about in the press.  They when you talk in depth about any of these artists that they think is "amazing"  and wonderful, they don't even have their albums or know their work !   It is unbelievable.   I have to bite my tongue and listen to them.  I don't get though how someone can rave about someone and then not even know their music properly.  It is bizarre. 

It's sheep mentality, Jan. I have a neighbour like that. She latches onto anyone who is popular to be seen as cool but doesn't know a damn thing about them. 

She liked Gaga until Artpop flopped. Then liked Toilet Swift until she went off the boil. Now she "loves" Beyonce, but when I asked her what she thought about her losing out to Adele, she said "Oh, Adele deserved it, I ADORE her".

So I asked her "What is your favorite non single from 25" ...... the answer was an embarrassing silence. :rotfl:

People like that always end up making fools of themselves.

@Leebf @Crux  I know !  

I don't know if it has always happens but seems to be worse nowadays.  Crux, I had a similar conversation with a woman at work today.  She was raving about how much she loved Adele and how she was the greatest singer she had heard. She is touring here at the moment.   I asked her what her favourite Adele song was and she said "someone like you"   I told her that mine was still "chasing pavements"  and I swear to you, she did not even know the song. I could tell by her reaction.   So I become devious and said I also liked "Jar of hearts"  which of course I know Adele did not record.  She said she loved it as well.   I mean seriously.  I know more about Adele than she does !   I did not question her any further or pull her up but I have noticed so many do this. 

I remember when people actually loved artists and knew all their music and it just does not seem to happen now.  I suspect everyone on this board is the same because we are on a music forum and love our music.  I know every Madonna song,  Ditto with Abba, George Michael and many other artists I love.  I admit to loving them and know them and their music.  

Ditto with films,  People tell you they love a film star and can only name 2 movies they have been in.  It just amazes me. 

5 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

@Leebf @Crux  I know !  

I don't know if it has always happens but seems to be worse nowadays.  Crux, I had a similar conversation with a woman at work today.  She was raving about how much she loved Adele and how she was the greatest singer she had heard. She is touring here at the moment.   I asked her what her favourite Adele song was and she said "someone like you"   I told her that mine was still "chasing pavements"  and I swear to you, she did not even know the song. I could tell by her reaction.   So I become devious and said I also liked "Jar of hearts"  which of course I know Adele did not record.  She said she loved it as well.   I mean seriously.  I know more about Adele than she does !   I did not question her any further or pull her up but I have noticed so many do this. 

I remember when people actually loved artists and knew all their music and it just does not seem to happen now.  I suspect everyone on this board is the same because we are on a music forum and love our music.  I know every Madonna song,  Ditto with Abba, George Micheal and many others.  I admit to loving them and know them and their music.  

Ditto with films,  People tell you they love a film star and can only name 2 movies they have been in.  It just amazes me. 

:lmao::dead:

How did you manage to keep a straight face when you asked her about "Jar of Hearts"?  :lol: 

What a stupid woman.

Just now, Crux said:

:lmao::dead:

How did you manage to keep a straight face when you asked her about "Jar of Hearts"?  :lol: 

What a stupid woman.

:rotfl: It was devious but it just bugs the life out of me.   People drive me nuts pretending to be superfans and they know nothing !   Why do they lie ? :wacko:

Sorry to de-rail this thread but another example.  A girl at work once told me her all time favourite movie was American Psycho and I started discussing it with her and asking her thoughts on the ending.  She went all quiet and just said she had not seen it for ages.  She also did not know that Reese Witherspoon took the part of his girlfriend.   It was supposed to be her all time favourite movie  :lmao:

A lot of these so called Gaga fans would only know about 2 or 3 of her songs.  Probably Poker face, Bad Romance and Just Dance.  O'h and Born this way.   But they will tell you she is the greatest thing since sliced bread.   They won't go to see her in concert though and support her. Just read that she is so talented and gush away because they have read she writes her own songs and plays the piano.  

1 hour ago, littleGuzman said:

REALLY WHAT S GOING ON

The payola must have stopped. Z100 has pretty much dropped it as of today. Tomorrow's update won't be so impressive.

Still having hard time believing many thousands of people are purchasing MR because they're saving thirty to seventy cents.🤠

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

Still having hard time believing many thousands of people are purchasing MR because they're saving thirty to seventy cents.🤠

You wouldnt think so, but it plummets down iTunes everytime they take away the discount.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

We're having quite the laugh here with this ad published yesterday about a shoebox flat fr rent in Paris decorated in honor of gaga (with her name right above the toilet bowl). 

https://www.leboncoin.fr/locations/1098557032.htm?ca=12_s

ga.JPG

Well the 'C's were sold out so they had to be creative. French subtlety.

1 hour ago, ctg12 said:

You wouldnt think so, but it plummets down iTunes everytime they take away the discount.

well that was a short period cause 3/4 of its itunes existence has  been on the discount zone

Has anyone seen my friend John Wayne on the charts or anywhere? I can't seem to find him.  

13 hours ago, Django said:

tumblr_o9k5fd6Ll01rv6sroo1_400.jpg

God, how embarrassing.

I bet it's Haha's car. She's not above doing something like that ya know.

Maybe she makes Lady Starshite drive it in between gigs. I could see that, too.

Or since her budget has been slashed, maybe it's the new born brave bus and Mama Cynthia and Uncle Terry are driving around giving away free tickets and therapy.

All are possible with this desperate twat.