Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

vocalism    0

I heard MR playing outside a store in NYC this morning. I almost threw myself into traffic. 

"Like a Flower" is so pretty! Imagine a final version produced like TPOG, TSS, etc. One of the biggest missed opportunities!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vocalism    0
22 hours ago, tuckeye said:

 

Where can I hear/watch the full version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tuckeye    0

i wish i knew, i've been searching for it too!!! it's a master piece!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vocalism    0

Here is the original post with slightly better audio quality:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mmmmm    0
1 hour ago, Lucky Star One said:

 

Was just about to post this!  The thief Kostafilms got it from this remixer. 

 

2 hours ago, tuckeye said:

i wish i knew, i've been searching for it too!!! it's a master piece!

@vocalism

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S.E.X.    0
35 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

Is MR a hit?:dramatic:

In Uagadugu or Micronesia maybe! :dramatic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tuckeye    0
11 hours ago, Lucky Star One said:

 

:brenspin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dollhouse    0
17 hours ago, Supernatural said:

That's what I'm thinking. Although they forced MR to #4, they still haven't actually made it connect with people (because it sucks). But even if people liked it, are they really going to buy concert tix because of one song? Waste of time and money.

MR isn't even a hit even she tries to convince otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DitaDolla    0
1 hour ago, S.E.X. said:

In Uagadugu or Micronesia maybe! :dramatic: 

Queen of smash hits :bow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonski43    0
2 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

Is MR a hit?:dramatic:

Bitch please. She snatched that Laos iTunes #1 yesterday briefly.

When will your fave?

The remix is charting on spotify too - slaying in Scandinavia with her top 160 positions.

And Droanon dropped out of the UK top 100. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S.E.X.    0

The Joe N. era has got to be the most desperate thing she has done as a whole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lolo    0

OMG this look with that hair hasn't been in the video...

 

IMG_5336.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard that john  wayne song...weird to choose that man because he wasn´t very openminded etc, but I guess she doesn´t know it.Or she is ok with it.

The thing is that I like the song, is catchy and even tought she screams a little bit, I like it.But the weird thing is that her fans are saying that it´s not the next single, simply because it´s doing nothing in the charts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S.E.X.    0
34 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I have heard that john  wayne song...weird to choose that man because he wasn´t very openminded etc, but I guess she doesn´t know it.Or she is ok with it.

The thing is that I like the song, is catchy and even tought she screams a little bit, I like it.But the weird thing is that her fans are saying that it´s not the next single, simply because it´s doing nothing in the charts

Well, it wasn't officially released as a single. She only released a video for it. Ironically, other artists, like Rihanna for example, have songs charting without videos AND official single releases. It's purely because they are being streamed or bought. Weird that the so called "new Madonna" can't achieve the same. The song is not charting because people are generally not interested in her. I don't know how she managed to trick the charts with MR but it's a massive fraud. 

I agree though, John Wayne is a rather good song, Dancin' in Circles too. She could have had a good shot with those had she performed them at the SuperBowl but she's soooo hellbent on proving that she's this amazing singer/vocalist who can release hit ballads  (she's not). What's even funnier is that artists like Madonna or Rihanna had hit ballads without being acclaimed vocalists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jonski43    0
29 minutes ago, S.E.X. said:

Well, it wasn't officially released as a single. She only released a video for it. Ironically, other artists, like Rihanna for example, have songs charting without videos AND official single releases. It's purely because they are being streamed or bought. Weird that the so called "new Madonna" can't achieve the same. The song is not charting because people are generally not interested in her. I don't know how she managed to trick the charts with MR but it's a massive fraud. 

I agree though, John Wayne is a rather good song, Dancin' in Circles too. She could have had a good shot with those had she performed them at the SuperBowl but she's soooo hellbent on proving that she's this amazing singer/vocalist who can release hit ballads  (she's not). What's even funnier is that artists like Madonna or Rihanna had hit ballads without being acclaimed vocalists.

I can't see the point of making a video if you're not going to release it as a single especially when it clearly had more budget than the first two combined!

clearly they thought that releasing it after super bowl would give it a lift but this didn't happen. I've seen positive feedback for JW, dancing in circles and A-yo but she released two terrible singles so this album is dead in the water now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S.E.X.    0
46 minutes ago, jonski43 said:

I can't see the point of making a video if you're not going to release it as a single especially when it clearly had more budget than the first two combined!

clearly they thought that releasing it after super bowl would give it a lift but this didn't happen. I've seen positive feedback for JW, dancing in circles and A-yo but she released two terrible singles so this album is dead in the water now.

 

A lot of artists do it nowadays. "Singles" are slowly becoming less important due to the fact that non-singles can chart based on digital sales and streaming.

Million Reasons was released a long time ago. She probably had the John Wayne video ready for a single release right after the SuperBowl but Million Reasons ended up doing surprisingly well, so she decided to give that dying song one last shot and succeeded. She then released the JW video for additional promo and thought that it would possibly blow up but it flopped so she decided to cancel whatever plans she had for it. She is known for doing that. 

Judas tanked as second single in 2011 and was replaced by The Edge of Glory as "next single" only a month later or so. 

Venus was replaced as second single by DWUW because it did well as a promo single.

A-Yo was replaced by Million Reasons because the latter had better sales as promo single (only due to Carpool).

She doesn't focus on longevity, never has and that's her issue. She is too focused on getting attention and hit singles that she decides to scrap things she has planned because of her anxiety to do well. She makes dumb decisions that prove to be bad decisions in the long run because she sucks at planning things in advance. The total opposite of what M has done during her Warner years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barney    0

How soon till she brings out the Kermit dress to get in the magazines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vocalism    0
20 hours ago, Mmmmm said:

Was just about to post this!  The thief Kostafilms got it from this remixer. 

 

@vocalism

Thanks!

Even fan-made remixes/videos of old M songs are superior to every thing these "princesses" are releasing these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
loowee    0

Father John Misty (writer on Joanne) just came for Gags:

If you think that pop stars are anything other than prisoners, then you are ****ing kidding yourself. I know them. They are crying for help in their music. We think that we’re doing the world a favor by recognizing the innate wholesomeness of this form of music, like, “Oh, I don’t know, it’s just fun! Something that was made to be liked!” But why do you think that Lady Gaga or Beyoncé would come to old Uncle Jerry over here for songs if they weren’t looking for something? If they weren’t like, “Get me away from these ****ing psychos.” Both of them know I’m not running around looking for these gigs. I’ve just done co-writes with those two people. The only reason it happened is because people played them my music and then they asked me to write for them. It’s as simple as that. I have no interest in doing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rocknrolla    0

She can't pull off ballads because there is no nuance or subtlety to her vocals.  She creates the illusion of being a good live singer because she stays on pitch, but that's it.  Every one of her songs sounds the same vocally.

Madonna voice is very versatile so she was always able to surprise people constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick    0

She's already a wannabe "legacy artist" like Billboard has pointed out! 

Curious to see who will be purchasing her concert tickets besides all the clueless gays & some awkward SJW types. Have a feeling some soccer moms might attend just because they think she's a "creative genius" & they like that she left Trump & all politics out of the halftime show.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×