MadonnaNation.com Forums

2 hours ago, Skin said:

Not ashamed.   MY JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes fantastic! Cant believe she was like only friggin 16 or 17 when she wrote and produced this! 8*o. Like I said waay better than Lost In Your Eyes. Still have no idea why/ what happened for her career to nosedive so abruptly after Electric Youth which was massive :/ Yes, the debut technically had more hit singles but she basically fell of a cliff right after 1989. 

20 hours ago, Nick said:

The only time I've seen her recently was on Celebrity Name Game a couple of times. 

Compared to her peers at in the eighties, she looks great now & seems to take good care of herself. 

What killed her successful music career after a string of hits. I am very impressed at her songwriting and producing her own music.

18 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Ghost Town,  what is your favourite Debbie song ?  

"For Better Or Worse" I love her sweet vocals. She's beautiful with the peaches & cream skin with her flowing straight blonde hair. I wish it was a trilogy video with the same guy from FB & LIYE. Those monsters raving about Gaga's piano playing.......Debbie does it better :inlove: 

6 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yes fantastic! Cant believe she was like only friggin 16 or 17 when she wrote and produced this! 8*o. Like I said waay better than Lost In Your Eyes. Still have no idea why/ what happened for her career to nosedive so abruptly after Electric Youth which was massive :/ Yes, the debut technically had more hit singles but she basically fell of a cliff right after 1989. 

This ^^^

Really what the fuck happened? 

On 2/27/2017 at 11:52 AM, jazzyjan said:

I used to sing this at the top of my lungs -  " It's you, out of the blue" 

I really like this song and the cute "knee face":loltastica:

11 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

STILL better , hotter and more likable and humble in every way than Lady Leach and even Britney. Better music and more talent! Never really a big fan but right now I'd say Shake Your Love is one of my favs from her =). Her biggest hit Lost In Your Eyes hasn't aged well but it was soo big when it was out and remember it competing with Like A Prayer! :blink:It's just so cheesy and like a karaoke tailored ballad. Def prefer Foolish Beat. :) . The follow up Electric Youth is WAY better yet for some reason actually did only okay in the US! 

I'm actually listening to the Electric Youth album as I skim the boards. I overplayed the debut to death. I like the vibe of the 2nd album especially the opening track! Plus Over The Wall and Silence Speaks (A Thousand Words) gets honorable mentions. I think there were some acoustic versions on some old cassette singles. She could've easily released a 5th single from EY.

Out Of The Blue was the first album I ever owned. I knew and loved Debbie before Madonna! I'm a Debhead for life.

10 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

This ^^^

Really what the fuck happened? 

1990 was cruel to both Debbie and Tiffany. They released their "grown up" records and the GP gave zero fucks.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 10:33 PM, frzndrwnwrld said:

She need better backup dancers.

Mmmm they are her best friends and have been with her for years. They are like pepsi and shirlie in wham. They aren't going anywhere.

The fat one on the right, :dead:

47 minutes ago, runa said:

The fat one on the right, :dead:

Don't be horrible. He's alright she calls him her credit card, cant leave home without him. :sneaky: Hes ok ya know, I think hes a kids dance school teacher or something.  Youre evil x

2 minutes ago, Barney said:

Don't be horrible. He's alright she calls him her credit card, cant leave home without him. :sneaky: Hes ok ya know, I think hes a kids dance school teacher or something.  Youre evil x

I'm not, I swear!!! But that beer belly........ :lmao:

1 hour ago, runa said:

I'm not, I swear!!! But that beer belly........ :lmao:

Eh you mr evil. (I know your not) A friend of our Debbie is a friend of ours, no matter how many loaves of bread they eat or has diabetes. He will still be jumping arund to shake your love in 10 years living the dream. Just close ur eyes x

she should write and produce Madonnas next record!

Debbie Gibson / We Could Be Together: 13-disc career retrospective

Limited SIGNED edition • 13-discs: albums • rarities • remixes • videos

Edsel have created what they are calling the ‘definitive pop collection’ of American singer/producer/actress Debbie Gibson, who enjoyed chart success in the late 1980s with a string of self-penned and often self-produced hits, including Only In My Dreams, Shake Your Love and Foolish Beat. We Could Be Together is a 10CD+3DVD collection that includes expanded albums, two discs of remixes/rarities and a host of video content. Fans quick off the mark can secure an exclusive edition that comes with a 12-inch print SIGNED by Debbie Gibson.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/debbie-gibson-we-could-be-together-13-disc-deluxe-edition/

2 hours ago, mamifero said:

Edsel have created what they are calling the ‘definitive pop collection’ of American singer/producer/actress Debbie Gibson, who enjoyed chart success in the late 1980s with a string of self-penned and often self-produced hits, including Only In My Dreams, Shake Your Love and Foolish Beat. We Could Be Together is a 10CD+3DVD collection that includes expanded albums, two discs of remixes/rarities and a host of video content. Fans quick off the mark can secure an exclusive edition that comes with a 12-inch print SIGNED by Debbie Gibson.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/debbie-gibson-we-could-be-together-13-disc-deluxe-edition/

*cums*

They should so something similar for Tiffany now.

tumblr_o452bwRIG91s9btcio1_1280.gif

4 hours ago, mamifero said:

A proper way to celebrate Deb's 30 year legacy. Exciting news!!!

The record holder of being the youngest to write, produce, & perform a #1 hit :inlove:

I am always amazed to see that artists who had only two successful albums 30 years ago are the subject of a retrospective of 13 discs when Madonna has never offered us a box set after 35 years of career. :dazed:

I loved her. She was a shooting star with her first two albums. I bought her records and played her tracks when I was a DJ. It's a pity that all went wrong, when she released her boring 3rd album because she wanted to be recognized as a mature songwriter... Her first two albums contain more great songs than most other singers have in their entire career.