MadonnaNation.com Forums

Ghost Town    0

This talented bitch who writes, produce, and performs her own tunes was a hitmaking machine releasing albums, singles, and videos. Touring the world playing stadiums & arenas!

Barney    0

I KNOW! Love her! I'm getting too old ruru and showing my age but I cant help it. @jazzyjandoes too.

Jazzy Jan    0

Love Debbie. :inlove: Dave a Debbie nights for everyone !  

Barney    0

In our Shady Palms home in Miami with cheesecake! I used to be Blanche but now I'm Rose. Ill still be getting out of my chair dancing when electric youth comes on even if my hip breaks.

I think us three were already pre booked. We had a guest list. @Ghost TownMight have to go through the initiation. We need a youtube of them singing we could be together round a campfire.

todsmod    0

I wanna be invited too!!  I've always loved Deborah!!!  She had charisma and a knack for catchy tunes.  Her ballads were the best.  But I must say, I wore the shit out of the "only in my dreams" 12 inch.

Barney    0

Oh so did I. I also rented the VHS tape of her first tour and never took it back. God knows what the bill would be now.

mnino    0

That was a fun (albeit short) concert. She's ok.

Je5u5    0

Queen.

Jazzy Jan    0
34 minutes ago, mnino said:

That was a fun (albeit short) concert. She's ok.

Mnino,  Surrender to the Power of Debbie !  

Jazzy Jan    0

I used to sing this at the top of my lungs -  " It's you, out of the blue" 

Crux    0

^ Jan, I bought that album in the 80's and played it regularly. I still have it, :inlove:

Jazzy Jan    0
8 minutes ago, Crux said:

^ Jan, I bought that album in the 80's and played it regularly. I still have it, :inlove:

:inlove:  I still have the cassette.   

runa    0

FOOLISH BEAT will always be my fav :inlove:

Ghost Town    0
On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Barney said:

In our Shady Palms home in Miami with cheesecake! I used to be Blanche but now I'm Rose. Ill still be getting out of my chair dancing when electric youth comes on even if my hip breaks.

I think us three were already pre booked. We had a guest list. @Ghost TownMight have to go through the initiation. We need a youtube of them singing we could be together round a campfire.

Team Deb :brenspin: I must get her Deborah CD with the campy dance edits of 80's classic Only in My Dreams and her underrated flop late 90's single Only Words 

Ghost Town    0
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM, runa said:

FOOLISH BEAT will always be my fav :inlove:

Debbie STILL holds the record for being the youngest singer to write, produce, and perform a #1 hit.

Ghost Town    0
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Je5u5 said:

Queen.

Debbie Gibson was literally mobbed by fans back then. I was awestruck seeing clips and kids asking for autographs!!! Now our Queen has lyme disease and hitting the pride and nostalgia circuits 

Nick    0

The only time I've seen her recently was on Celebrity Name Game a couple of times. 

Compared to her peers at in the eighties, she looks great now & seems to take good care of herself. 

Jazzy Jan    0
5 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

Debbie STILL holds the record for being the youngest singer to write, produce, and perform a #1 hit.

Ghost Town,  what is your favourite Debbie song ?  

Barney    0

Ive spoke to her at least 15 times on twitter. She's so nice, she said she would meet me and Jan last Oct when she did her UK shows. But I was poorly, Jan was scared to fly and poorly too then my other friend decided to have problems with her husband and fell out with someone else (on here but that's another story, I wish her well). It just never happened. :(

I even had our 2 story wooden chalet thing by Debbies reserved. Last time I spoke to her was about her movie. She's got a song coming out soon but shes not the singer grrr.

I think even @crux was coming at one stage lol. :) flop friends.  I don't mean it, shit happens :inlove::inlove:

On 2/26/2017 at 10:25 PM, Ghost Town said:

This talented bitch who writes, produce, and performs her own tunes was a hitmaking machine releasing albums, singles, and videos. Touring the world playing stadiums & arenas!

STILL better , hotter and more likable and humble in every way than Lady Leach and even Britney. Better music and more talent! Never really a big fan but right now I'd say Shake Your Love is one of my favs from her =). Her biggest hit Lost In Your Eyes hasn't aged well but it was soo big when it was out and remember it competing with Like A Prayer! :blink:It's just so cheesy and like a karaoke tailored ballad. Def prefer Foolish Beat. :) . The follow up Electric Youth is WAY better yet for some reason actually did only okay in the US! 

Skin    0

Not ashamed.   MY JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Je5u5    0
2 hours ago, Skin said:

Not ashamed.   MY JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Her debut is flawless.

Even non singles like "Play the Field" and "Fallen Angel" are great.

It's a shame things went downhill for her quickly after the "Electric Youth" era.

Am I the only one here who loved "Body Mind Soul"? That and "M.Y.O.B." should've done MUCH better than they did.