Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hector

Kylie Minogue thread

Recommended Posts

Back to Dannii ! 

Dannii Minogue to join UK group Take That on their Australian tour

DANNII Minogue will open for UK pop kings Take That on their Australian tour in November.

Minogue first met the band when they both launched their careers in the UK in the early 90s.

This year she was hand-picked by Take That’s leader Gary Barlow to judge on his reality TV show Let It Shine.

“I’ll be going to cities around Australia where I’ve never performed my music with a live band before,” Minogue said.

“I did these arenas when I was in Grease back in the day but not with my own music. Everything else I’ve done has been in clubs, but I got a taste for big venues when I played Rod Laver Arena with Culture Club last year. I think pairing with Take That is perfect, I think we’d have a lot of fans who would have been listening to us at around the same time. We used to cross paths at TV shows in the UK all the time in the 90s, so it’ll be nice to do something together after all this time.

Minogue is hoping her son Ethan, now seven, will finally get a chance to see his mum doing her night job.

“He’s that bit older now, but the shows are a bit late for him, so we’ll see. I’m pretty strict with school nights though. He would love the Take That show. They’re so warm and giving, what they did at the Ariana Grande Manchester tribute so was amazing. They really command an audience. And they’ve had so many great pop hits.”

Dannii Minogue on stage opening for Culture Club last year. Picture: Supplied

Minogue has established a system to release her new music digitally, bypassing traditional record labels.

A new song, Holding On, is due out this week to coincide with her performance in Sydney on Friday at the Central Station party.

“I played it last year, and these days everyone records everything on their phones so it’s out there, but it’ll be nice to have a crisp version available if people want it.”

She is hoping to release the new song Sia wrote for her in time for the Take That shows.

“I love it, it’s a classic Sia song in the way it’s a huge vocal with beautiful melodies. She was happy with the vocals I put down, but we haven’t quite finished it yet. It’ll be a nice surprise whenever we get it ready. Everything’s in place to release music when I like it.

“There’s no grand plan or huge comeback or any of those words that for me have an attachment of pressure. I just want to do the music for fun and freedom. Digitally you can have that freedom now. I’ve got the money to invest in the music and we just drop it when it’s done.

 

“We can digitally release music without any commitments or hassles, then it’s easy to book in shows here and there that work with Ethan. There’s a lot of planning when you do a big release with a major record label. I haven’t got time for that anymore. I just want to put some new music out, get on stage and do a show. This is all new for me, it’s exciting.”

Fans should expect Minogue’s string of hits including Put the Needle On It, I Begin to Wonder, This Is It, Who Do You Love Now, So Under Pressure, All I Wanna Do and You Won’t Forget About Me.

However she’s also open to suggestions when it comes to her setlist.

“Recently I’m getting messages saying ‘Please perform Coconut’. I’m very much guided by messages I get and I feed off that. You immediately go to whatever the biggest hits were, but I also love playing around with the mash-ups. There’s a lot going on in my head right now.”

Let It Shine, which aired here on Foxtel, won’t return next year — the show was based around finding a cast to play a boy band based on Take That in a London musical.

However Minogue has locked in a new UK TV role next year.

“I can’t talk about it yet. It’s very exciting and bit of a change for me, but it never strays far from what I’ve done which is performing, TV and entertainment.”

Gary Barlow re-bonded with Dannii Minogue during TV hit Let It Shine. Picture: Supplied

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2017 at 11:58 AM, Kim said:

OMG I remember this. This was T in the Park back when it was a new festival and when Kilo was attempting to be semi-cool and wasn't a complete campfest knobend. Compare that young Glasgow audience to the zombie old gays of her last concert DVD. Also note that with a real band and no vocal backing track to sing along to that she's completely SHARP throughout.

The interview afterwards is atrocious. Completely inarticulate and embarrassing. You can tell she had high hopes for being taken seriously as an artiste... only for the pink feathers and glitter to come out a year or two later. All the artistic integrity of a skid mark.

 

Yeah man, artists with pitch problems and older, gayer fanbases who follow up a not-so-successful album with a disco album are the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Back to Dannii ! 

Dannii Minogue to join UK group Take That on their Australian tour

DANNII Minogue will open for UK pop kings Take That on their Australian tour in November.

Minogue first met the band when they both launched their careers in the UK in the early 90s.

This year she was hand-picked by Take That’s leader Gary Barlow to judge on his reality TV show Let It Shine.

“I’ll be going to cities around Australia where I’ve never performed my music with a live band before,” Minogue said.

“I did these arenas when I was in Grease back in the day but not with my own music. Everything else I’ve done has been in clubs, but I got a taste for big venues when I played Rod Laver Arena with Culture Club last year. I think pairing with Take That is perfect, I think we’d have a lot of fans who would have been listening to us at around the same time. We used to cross paths at TV shows in the UK all the time in the 90s, so it’ll be nice to do something together after all this time.

Minogue is hoping her son Ethan, now seven, will finally get a chance to see his mum doing her night job.

“He’s that bit older now, but the shows are a bit late for him, so we’ll see. I’m pretty strict with school nights though. He would love the Take That show. They’re so warm and giving, what they did at the Ariana Grande Manchester tribute so was amazing. They really command an audience. And they’ve had so many great pop hits.”

Dannii Minogue on stage opening for Culture Club last year. Picture: Supplied

Minogue has established a system to release her new music digitally, bypassing traditional record labels.

A new song, Holding On, is due out this week to coincide with her performance in Sydney on Friday at the Central Station party.

“I played it last year, and these days everyone records everything on their phones so it’s out there, but it’ll be nice to have a crisp version available if people want it.”

She is hoping to release the new song Sia wrote for her in time for the Take That shows.

“I love it, it’s a classic Sia song in the way it’s a huge vocal with beautiful melodies. She was happy with the vocals I put down, but we haven’t quite finished it yet. It’ll be a nice surprise whenever we get it ready. Everything’s in place to release music when I like it.

“There’s no grand plan or huge comeback or any of those words that for me have an attachment of pressure. I just want to do the music for fun and freedom. Digitally you can have that freedom now. I’ve got the money to invest in the music and we just drop it when it’s done.

 

“We can digitally release music without any commitments or hassles, then it’s easy to book in shows here and there that work with Ethan. There’s a lot of planning when you do a big release with a major record label. I haven’t got time for that anymore. I just want to put some new music out, get on stage and do a show. This is all new for me, it’s exciting.”

Fans should expect Minogue’s string of hits including Put the Needle On It, I Begin to Wonder, This Is It, Who Do You Love Now, So Under Pressure, All I Wanna Do and You Won’t Forget About Me.

However she’s also open to suggestions when it comes to her setlist.

“Recently I’m getting messages saying ‘Please perform Coconut’. I’m very much guided by messages I get and I feed off that. You immediately go to whatever the biggest hits were, but I also love playing around with the mash-ups. There’s a lot going on in my head right now.”

Let It Shine, which aired here on Foxtel, won’t return next year — the show was based around finding a cast to play a boy band based on Take That in a London musical.

However Minogue has locked in a new UK TV role next year.

“I can’t talk about it yet. It’s very exciting and bit of a change for me, but it never strays far from what I’ve done which is performing, TV and entertainment.”

Gary Barlow re-bonded with Dannii Minogue during TV hit Let It Shine. Picture: Supplied

I remember 20 years ago spending the summer in London and she had a huge comeback with All i wanna do (which i liked a lot)...it was the summer of The Prodigy and The Verve. Kylie released an incredibly subpar single "Some kind of bliss" after hyping her comeback as an "indie" artist, a real letdown...then summer took an abrupt end with Diana's death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time she ruled the world (Albeit for 15 minutes), such a happy time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm revisiting "Girl". Stronger album than most of Kylie's. In a parallel universe she's the popular one. Better voice. Better boobs. Better albums. And a big Madonna fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vocalism said:

Yeah man, artists with pitch problems and older, gayer fanbases who follow up a not-so-successful album with a disco album are the worst.

Why are you passive-aggressively trying to SHADE MADONNA in the kilo thread? You'd be ripped apart for doing that in the Gaga thread, so don't even try it in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kim said:

Why are you passive-aggressively trying to SHADE MADONNA in the kilo thread? You'd be ripped apart for doing that in the Gaga thread, so don't even try it in here.

I don't think saying someone has an older, gayer fanbase or pointing out that someone released a crowd-pleasing album after taking a risk with a more experimental album is "shading." That's the point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Real_Madonna said:

There was a time she ruled the world (Albeit for 15 minutes), such a happy time.

"Way to go Kylie" :chuckle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, vocalism said:

Yeah man, artists with pitch problems and older, gayer fanbases who follow up a not-so-successful album with a disco album are the worst.

 

59 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I don't think saying someone has an older, gayer fanbase or pointing out that someone released a crowd-pleasing album after taking a risk with a more experimental album is "shading." That's the point. 

Good try but your second quote is different from your first.   People are not born yesterday.  It was definitely a put down of Madonna to support Kylie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kylie is a local has-been, World never-was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow lucky Australians!!!!! Dannii and Take That together!!!!  Jazzy you HAVE TO go to that concert!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dannii was always the most talented out of the two. I have two of her album's and think they're better than anything Kylie's ever shat out.

Can't wait to hear her new music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Kylie has a new flame - well according to the tabloids. 

Casual look: Opting for comfort in her footwear, the I Should Be So Lucky singer added a pair of fresh white trainers and a nude crossbody bag 

Looking cosy: The hunk looked comfortable with the beaming Australian popstar, 49, as they enjoyed a sun-soaked stroll to an Italian restaurant where they enjoyed some glasses of wine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Wonder how much he's being paid to hang around with the dirty slag.  It HAS to be a lot.

Oh dear...just heard Dannii's new song and i'm not to impressed....

 

:blink::blink::wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Michael Hutchence (a real artist) made her relevant in the 90s before him she was a big NOthing

I loved INXS.  Such a great group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I loved INXS.  Such a great group. 

Yes me too, Michael was so sexy!! :brenspin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Yes me too, Michael was so sexy!! :brenspin:

We should now make this the INXS thread for a while !  The Kylie thread is well known for Kylo sharing  her thread with others. She has shared it previously with Sheena Easton, Samantha Fox, Sinitta, Diane Lane and Danni.

 Now for INXS. I loved Original Sin, Burn for you, Never tear us apart, Suicide Blonde, Need you tonight and New Sensation. Australia was so proud when they conquered Europe and the USA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If things had been different for  Michael INXS would probably still be touring today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

Michael Hutchence (a real artist) made her relevant in the 90s before him she was a big NOthing

:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Crux said:

^ Wonder how much he's being paid to hang around with the dirty slag.  It HAS to be a lot.

Oh dear...just heard Dannii's new song and i'm not to impressed....

 

:blink::blink::wacko:

The song is not bad, but me, being too old for this club shit, finds it too generic. But it's not bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hutchence was SO FUCKING SEXY. I think he's one of the most sexy men ever alive

Resultado de imagen de michael hutchence

 

Imagen relacionada

 

No wonder Kylie got crazy. We all would have gone from pony-tailed girl to slut in 5 minutes 

Resultado de imagen de kylie hutchence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×