NASA discovers new solar system

Jazzy Jan

I read about it. this kind of news excites me so much. it's all so amazing how they can make those discoveries from places 40 light years away. it would take  millions of years to get there by the speed of a regular jet. at the speed of light it's still about 40 years and I hear if you travel the speed of light you don't even age. again another thing that fascinates me. it's like magic, but it's real.

Just now, Nikki said:

I read about it. this kind of news excites me so much. it's all so amazing how they can make those discoveries from places 40 light years away. it would take  millions of years to get there by the speed of a regular jet. at the speed of light it's still about 40 years and I hear if you travel the speed of light you don't even age. again another thing that fascinates me. it's like magic, but it's real.

Nikki,  Time and Space travel are fascinating.  Everything about the Universe is mysterious and fascinating.   I remember my Dad showing me the stars in the sky when I was a child and telling me that I was looking back in time because it took so long for their light to reach us.  Was hooked on the subject then and there and still are.  Why I always love "science fictions"  movies that are about space travel etc than action movies.  

Have you seen Arrival and Insterstellar ?   Make sure you see Arrival, you will love it. 

Just now, jazzyjan said:

Nikki,  Time and Space travel are fascinating.  Everything about the Universe is mysterious and fascinating.   I remember my Dad showing me the stars in the sky when I was a child and telling me that I was looking back in time because it took so long for their light to reach us.  Was hooked on the subject then and there and still are.  Why I always love "science fictions"  movies that are about space travel etc than action movies.  

Have you seen Arrival and Insterstellar ?   Make sure you see Arrival, you will love it. 

I am looking for an Arrival stream but can't find it. (if you know where to see it online let me know lol)

I LOVE interstellar. I watched Europa Report.. Sunshine is cool and I heard good things about Contact. I've always been fascinated by space but I didn't start to get into it since a few years ago. If I knew what I know today when I was younger I might have tried to get deeper into it in college or made an attempt at a degree in that field. just the thought of so many things happening (planets that are created, stars that are born, black holes, gamma ray bursts) millions, TRILLIONS miles away from us is crazy. the fact that we could very well be all alone until we reach one of those places that far away that may have just algae, but not even intelligent life.. . imagine how alone we are.. I can't think about those things for too long lol.

We don't need any drugs to be honest, just think about outer space and that's enough to lose your mind for a moment ;)

I dont know if I should be happy about this news.

I do believe we are not the only intelligent humans / aliens out there. there are some species too. No matter if they are aliens or humans or whatever they are called.

This universe is soo far away, even if I live 100 years, I will never know if there is really life up there  :/

18 minutes ago, jaron said:

I dont know if I should be happy about this news.

I do believe we are not the only intelligent humans / aliens out there. there are some species too. No matter if they are aliens or humans or whatever they are called.

This universe is soo far away, even if I live 100 years, I will never know if there is really life up there  :/

I wonder if there is an alien population out there with an entertainer as brilliant as Madonna?

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

I love both movies and I m as fascinated by the Universe as you are. Always loved those Discovery movies on the Universe, Galaxies, Aliens, Stars, Planets etc. Its so exiting!

44 minutes ago, M.Dolla said:

It's so exciting to think that there are actual people similar to us on those planets out there! 😍

the real question is "are they good or bad?" That's scary. How would they react to us? or us to them? ugh. I'd wish to be immortal to see these things.

btw, this is a little off topic, but since we're talking about space, I've always thought that "M31" (which refers to the Andromeda galaxy, the nearest galaxy to the Milky Way.) would make a great album name for M if she would try to do something space-y or really out there

pretty cool when i read this tbh hopefully they find some alien life.  since its 40 lightyears away we are seeing that solar system as it looked in 1977, what if they have telescopes to see us and they are currently watching us ? jimmy carter is president , disco is popular :chuckle:, starwars is about to get released what if they see star wars and become fans?