MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lasky

David Fincher & the Craft of Music Videos (video essay)

Very interesting and I think it describes very well what's wrong with music videos today. Just in your face visuals that ignore the flow of the song and without any aesthetic value. It seems that the art has been lost. However two remarks:

- The reason that there is no David Fincher collection is that Madonna's videos are probably expensive to license and sell very well on their own.

- The Justin Timberlake video he did recently may be very well directed and edited but I find it very boring and impossible to watch multiple times. There is more to a good music video than what he describes.

On 2/21/2017 at 9:18 AM, lasky said:

He eloquently states what I've been saying for years :clap:

Every other day I see a new video with fabulous cinematography... but the pacing/ editing/ sequencing is TRASH.

On 2/23/2017 at 2:28 PM, DreamTheater said:

The Justin Timberlake video he did recently may be very well directed and edited but I find it very boring and impossible to watch multiple times. 

JT usually has the moves but the choreography in Suit & Tie was lethargic, as was the whole video. It looked pretty though :gent:

I love this. Thank you for posting. Much like pop music itself, I feel like the 80's and 90's offered the best of the best in music video form. :inlove:

Poor Ariana Grande. I wonder what the budget was for that video.