Hector

Trump / US politics thread ūüöĹ

907 posts in this topic

In an otherwise normal turnout model Ossoff would have won outright with the type of Democratic turnout he received, but the abnormally high turnout across the board for a blanket primary shows that Trump's base is still just as enthusiastic about him as ever.  They blasted Trump robocalls all through that district and it worked to get Republican voters to the polls for an election they wouldn't have given a fuck about in normal times, that's the real takeaway.  His supporters haven't wavered in their loyalty, they're ready to do whatever he tells them.  

But the most 'Trump like candidates' didn't do that well last night. The woman who won is a long time establishment kind of anti/indifferent towards Trump. As purple-ish it's gotten in certain areas and highly educated it's still a VERY Republican district. I think that last town that was called (Fulton?) is actually her home town and where she pulled it out (or I should say what brough Ossoff down from 50% ish to 48).  Problem is that the totals for all Republicans were still ahead of the Dems, It's 50/50 now for him at the best. Word is though that woman has lost many elections before and is seen as a stale candidate unlike Osoff. Again...50/50 but won't be easy. 

But the most 'Trump like candidates' didn't do that well last night. The woman who won is a long time establishment kind of anti/indifferent towards Trump. As purple-ish it's gotten in certain areas and highly educated it's still a VERY Republican district. I think that last town that was called (Fulton?) is actually her home town and where she pulled it out (or I should say what brough Ossoff down from 50% ish to 48).  Problem is that the totals for all Republicans were still ahead of the Dems, It's 50/50 now for him at the best. Word is though that woman has lost many elections before and is seen as a stale candidate unlike Osoff. Again...50/50 but won't be easy. 

Handel's Michele Bachman-esque persona isn't really incompatible with Trumpist fervor for the same reasons that he's the most popular politician among evangelical America in decades (or that his "anti-establishment" fans don't care how much he congeals to generic Republican politics, for that matter).  Perhaps if he had endorsed a specific candidate other than her things would have shifted overall, but in his general "get out and stop the Democrats from stealing this seat" message, it's pretty easy to see why she might reap the benefit of that enthusiasm boost given her party hack power-base in the party machinery of the Georgia Republicans after her past electoral attempts.  She's also spent today talking about her hopes that he'll campaign alongside her in the district, so they'll be completely on the same page now.  

Democratic votes combining to 49% of the vote for a seat that Tom Price won by 61.7% to his Democratic opponent's 38.3% in 2016 is still a notable shift.  While the fever-pitch Democratic enthusiasm isn't likely to abate in the next few months (could even intensify), and it shouldn't be a problem for Ossoff to get the <1% from the other Democratic candidates, it remains to be seen whether Handel can completely consolidate the Republican vote from her 19.8% starting point, whether there may be some weak spot to be exploited where Republican turnout could be depressed by June.  The aftershocks of the ongoing Trump presidency could even change the whole nature of things by June 20th.  

There will be lots of fearmongering to come about noted dangerous ISIS caliph Ossoff no matter what happens

Trump needs to die already. 

Trump needs to die already. 

That's what one of my friends was saying the other day. Asking what the fuck is taking someone so long to bump him off? Lol

We all know they/the GOP absolutely positively f'king wants Pence as Pres. like 3 months ago! lol. As repulsive as things are perhaps the GOP are being strategic with how they boot him. I'm barely 50/50 with this being all about how things look in/around the midterms. Unsure he'll even make it that long. He's an explosive ready to go off 24/7. This garbage is NOT changing. The entire pattern is beyond predictable and stale as shit. This whole thing reeks from not if but WHEN something Access Hollywood style somehow 'leaks' and it forces the GOP to dump him. If..small if the Dems take the House next year forget it! lol Watergate, Lewinsky-gate etc etc...x 1000. 

The drums of war are beating defeaningly loud on multiple fronts. More imperialistic mayhem justified by provocations and fabricated evidence from the bully policeman of the world. And if you dare to raise your voice against it you'll be quashed miserably, which is what Argentina, Brasil and Venezuela only know too well, on the social and economics tit for tat US game-playing. Of. course a Republican Administration infested by nuts evangelical neocons is the harshest face of it

Be gone already you Tillerson fool

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39649683

Sorry but I have to disagree. Donald Trump is responsible for what's going on in the world. If you think that what's happening globally has got nothing to do with the current US administration/president there's not point discussing it then.

He is just the frontman but be blind I don't mind.

I'm sick of this illuminati mentality saying that the powerful are controlled by higher forces. So effing what? They're in charge in front of our eyes. If someone else is pulling the strings it's their prerogative. They're responsible for it and they have to be held accountable. It's their choice after all. If I had a gun held to my head while I'm forced to press buttons to activate the atomic bomb I would say shoot me. Yes they do make all the important decisions and even if they're controlled they chose to be controlled.

i really can't with some people... 

Illuminati mentality? LOOL. No these are facts. Everyone knows that presidents are just puppets. And it's not that easy to just say I don't want to do it. Exactly they choose to be controlled they know what they are getting into before they win. Hilary knows that if she won she would have to listen to whatever her bosses tell her to say and do. Same for Bernie. 

Do some reading. It helps.

He is just the frontman but be blind I don't mind.

Illuminati mentality? LOOL. No these are facts. Everyone knows that presidents are just puppets. And it's not that easy to just say I don't want to do it. Exactly they choose to be controlled they know what they are getting into before they win. Hilary knows that if she won she would have to listen to whatever her bosses tell her to say and do. Same for Bernie. 

Do some reading. It helps.

Nah sorry not interested in conspiracy theories.

The White Trash Brigade. 

Can I also say either Kid Rock was a fraud from the start or totally sold out.  A man that used black culture and hip hop to build a career (making this music was the only time he had a short lived career) and now he is all Confederate flag waving Republican bitch pretty much spitting in the face of the community he took from.   Pig.

The White Trash Brigade. 

:chuckle:

Kid Fucking Rock

One functioning neuron at best

Zero education of course

What a group of fucking clowns.

images-2.jpg

The White House altered the pic! Here's the real one

fd4zf5.jpg

Thank you twats for allowing this moron to ruin you in your insular Disunited States of Asinine and ruining the rest of the world, it is thanks to your ill-informed fucked up vote that we are witnessing the beginning of a tragic end for human kind. Where are the stupid Trump supporters now, huh? As imbecile as Brexiters and all right-wing idiots in Europe.

Soon after he got inaugurated the truth became painfully clear to them and they have retreated to their basements. They are regretting their STUPID destructive decision to vote for that inept and massively corrupt orange clown. Some of them I don't even think voted for him or voted at all. They were just trolling out of spite to this forum.

Were there really a bunch of Trump supporters here that have gone silent?  Gross.  Talk about flop gays and flop Madonna fans.  Cognitive dissonance anyone? 

It was really gross here during the election cycle (while you were out). Some of us just had to bow out.

As for hardcore Madonna fans, I've been quite surprised at how many of her fans are "alt-right"/Trump supporter types when coming across them on social media...

It was really gross here during the election cycle (while you were out). Some of us just had to bow out.

As for hardcore Madonna fans, I've been quite surprised at how many of her fans are "alt-right"/Trump supporter types when coming across them on social media...

Well they are flop ass Madonna fans and Madonna would be disgusted by them.  Frauds.

:manson: 

Watch out for Ivanka's evil husband Jared Kushner whispering into his father in law's ears. A friend of Netanyahu and his appalling Nazi-esque policies and attitude. Says it all. But then so-called anti-establishment Trump is a Zionist of the first order. Plus the Jesuit education background. Two elements complimentary to each other. Zionism and Judaism being VERY different things of course

But of course!  Let's always remember this!

LOL.  Skin wasn't out during the election cycle.  He was a busy bee until the pussy grabber won.  He needed a break after the election, which I understand.

The White House altered the pic! Here's the real one

fd4zf5.jpg

The Washington hillbillies

Excuse my ignorance, but who is actually considered "leader" of the Democrats? Is there such a thing? Why does there appear to be no actual voice representing the other side?

Is is a side effect of the presidential system that if the other person loses (Hillary), they just fuck off into the wilderness? 

The only one I hear is Bernie Sanders. Ironic, considering the ridiculous "He's not even a democrat" claims. Well, just as well he is, because no one else is coming across at all.

Like the UK; a useless opposition is no opposition at all.

Ohhhhh I can't wait for Trump to sign an executive order to have Julian arrested.

It will be very interesting to see what will happen. :1251: 

LOL.  Skin wasn't out during the election cycle.  He was a busy bee until the pussy grabber won.  He needed a break after the election, which I understand.

Uh. Ok. Well, that's what I meant.