Hector

Trump / US politics thread ūüöĹ

302 posts in this topic

Queen+Elizabeth+II+Duke+Edinburgh+Visit+

The past day Trump sounding extra psychotic and flat out lying. He is worse than Nixon and Bush. This madness must stop! :americanlife:

6 hours ago, LSD said:

Disgusting.   Again showing Donald Trump as being such a wolf in sheeps clothing.  I can't believe some saw him as going to be the "hero of the working class and poor"   :banghead:  Cutting funding to Meals on Wheels - which is not only essential to the people that use it but also provides some much needed human interaction for the housebound. 

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

Disgusting.   Again showing Donald Trump as being such a wolf in sheeps clothing.  I can't believe some saw him as going to be the "hero of the working class and poor"   :banghead:  Cutting funding to Meals on Wheels - which is not only essential to the people that use it but also provides some much needed human interaction for the housebound. 

Agree. Horrible disgusting excuse for a human being, pumpkin Trump and his team of Nazi butternut squashes.

In light of everything that he has done so far over the last 46 days, it would be interesting to hear the point of view of those forum members who voted for him. Do they still support Trump?

Perfectly summed up

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

The Trump administration also wants to cut this wasteful spending :gross:

5 hours ago, Hector said:

The Trump administration also wants to cut this wasteful spending :gross:

:gross:   It just gets worse and worse.  Dreadful heartless people. 

The only way for this pathetic lot to be ridden of is if Trumpets that voted for him SUFFER, sadly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-declines-to-shake-merkels-hand-during-white-house-visit-180609480.html

Trump declines to shake Merkel’s hand during awkward White House interaction

Gabby Kaufman

Yahoo News March 17, 2017

When it was announced that President Trump would receive German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the White House, there was immediate speculation that the meeting could be tense, to say the least. After all, Trump¬†spent much of his campaign attacking Merkel, going so far as to invoke her name to insult his opponent, Hillary Clinton, who he said wanted to be ‚ÄúAmerica‚Äôs Angela Merkel.‚ÄĚ

Footage of the two seemed to confirm the icy relationship. After the world leaders met privately in the Oval Office, press photographers and videographers were allowed to enter and captured an awkward exchange.

In one clip, photographers can be heard asking for the two to shake hands. Trump not only ignores them, but ignores Merkel when she leans over to ask him if he wants to shake hands. In the footage, the two don‚Äôt address one another or even make eye contact, although Trump tells the press in the room they had a ‚Äúvery good‚ÄĚ meeting discussing ‚Äúmany things.‚ÄĚ

The two did shake hands when Trump greeted Merkel upon her arrival at the White House.

Trump and Merkel have differed publicly on a number of issues, most notably immigration. Germany adopted an open-door policy to admit Syrian refugees, which Trump called a ‚Äúcatastrophic mistake.‚ÄĚ

The Oval Office snub was notable in part because Trump’s handshakes with other world leaders have been closely scrutinized, mainly for their length and vigor. The president has a grab-and-yank style, which was on full display when he greeted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau at the White House. During a photo op with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan, their handshake lasted a whopping 19 seconds.

he's so disrespectful

Merkel proved her class in their press conference, must be her decades experience but she sounded clever, grounded, respectful. I must say she has made some terrible mistakes like the refugee crisis, but who doesn't? She really sounds like a sane person and that it aint that easy to find among politicians these days.

Hasn't this orange cunt been impeached yet? Replaced? Nothing?

On 16/03/2017 at 5:26 PM, LSD said:

LOL. Lets just hope he doesn't get old and needs help from Meals on Wheels hey?

Not shaking the hands with the guest. This guest is a chancelor of one of the greatest EU-members: Germany.

He is so rude and disrespectful. Not gentelmenalike, though this guy cannot be a gentlemen ever. ts such a shame how he behaves.

I hope Merkel gives him some good advices.

This is nothing but a daily dreadful troll shit show lol Almost like you could feel the dam is about to break. As much as I also loathe Pence and his views on basically everything the guy could do the job and bring some respect back to  the presidency. However...in a way I want Trump to still be office until next year so the GOP gets slaughtered in the mid terms. Then boot Trump, elevate Pence but he'll have minimal power (hopefully) due to a Dem dominated Senate and maybe house. Then onto 2020 the presidency and the GOP finally gets wiped out for good. 

Having this man represent the country I live in is beyond embarrassing.  It is a disgrace.

This guy is so stupid. The handshake thing was simply disrespectful and when he said that "they both have one thing in common ... being wiretapped by the Obama administration" it was just embarrassing.The look on Merkels face said it all. Say about that woman what you will, but she knows how to play the game. The fact she brought all those managers of German industrial powerhouses with her, basically shut down all of Trumps arguments that the U.S. are somehow the victim of unfair trade or exploited in any way. Especially considering German companies have invested hundreds of billions in the U.S. and employ around 800.000 American workers in solid, well and very well paid manufacturing jobs. Exactly the kind of jobs, Trump wants to bring back to the U.S.. Punishing the very same companies with fees and penalties seems rather absurd.

I'm pretty much down screaming about every batshit crazy, stupid, or ignorant thing he says/does/tweets. I'll lose my fucking voice. And on a literal note, we'll all lose our collective voices if we project outrage at every little thing and make it into 'breaking news' or controversy. At this point, nothing can make me any more angry or frustrated than I already am. 

Why are pundits not talking about his horrendous budget proposals? I turned on CNN last night and Anderson Cooper opened his show with this insane wiretapping shit. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS BULLSHIT. Talk about the funding cuts of programs that will truly affect the idiots that voted for him. This wiretapping fiasco seems to be playing out exactly how Trump wanted it to. How have they not opened their eyes to his method?

-Tweet or say something crazy

-Watch the media go into a frenzy over it for days on end.

-Double down on it

-Continue to lie 

-Then claim that it was published or that he simply 'repeated' something he read.

All the while, he continues to move along with his terrifying nationalist agenda. 

25 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm pretty much down screaming about every batshit crazy, stupid, or ignorant thing he says/does/tweets. I'll lose my fucking voice. And on a literal note, we'll all lose our collective voices if we project outrage at every little thing and make it into 'breaking news' or controversy. At this point, nothing can make me any more angry or frustrated than I already am. 

Why are pundits not talking about his horrendous budget proposals? I turned on CNN last night and Anderson Cooper opened his show with this insane wiretapping shit. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS BULLSHIT. Talk about the funding cuts of programs that will truly affect the idiots that voted for him. This wiretapping fiasco seems to be playing out exactly how Trump wanted it to. How have they not opened their eyes to his method?

-Double down on it

-Continue to lie 

-Then claim that it was published or that he simply 'repeated' something he read.

All the while, he continues to move along with his terrifying nationalist agenda. 

Bingo! Fortunately 'appears' this is just now starting to explode with some of the media at least. MSNBC is all over his budget cuts etc...hard now. THAT is the stuff (something REAL and horrible w/ substance) that will squash Trump and his evil horrid administration. The wiretapping stuff is only a distraction. Most people (even Trump loons) know it's total bullshit. Once it's finally confirmed (they run out of time and don't have shit, obviously) and Obama hopefully sues him for slander, I'll tune in and consider it worth my time. We all know CNN are basically the biggest drama queen suckers for all the garbage, tabloid shit Trump wants them to focus on. Yup, as much as Trump 'claims' CNN is #1 on their shit list they feed right into his trap more than anyone else. 

10 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Bingo! Fortunately 'appears' this is just now starting to explode with some of the media at least. MSNBC is all over his budget cuts etc...hard now. THAT is the stuff (something REAL and horrible w/ substance) that will squash Trump and his evil horrid administration. The wiretapping stuff is only a distraction. Most people (even Trump loons) know it's total bullshit. Once it's finally confirmed (they run out of time and don't have shit, obviously) and Obama hopefully sues him for slander, I'll tune in and consider it worth my time. We all know CNN are basically the biggest drama queen suckers for all the garbage, tabloid shit Trump wants them to focus on. Yup, as much as Trump 'claims' CNN is #1 on their shit list they feed right into his trap more than anyone else. 

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck is going on over at CNN. Jake Tapper is the best guy they have over there for laying Trump out on his bullshit in such a methodical way. 

MSNBC has really, REALLY stepped up their game and become something of the anti-Fox they tried to do during the Bush administration. I've been really impressed with them. 

^ Yep and what's funny yet a bit unfortunate is CNN 'was' basically like what MSNBC has become now just a few years ago and before. Imo CNN went off the deep end during the '16 election. My head is sill needing Excedrin migraine at times to recover from all the noise and drama :/ lol.  

Not too long ago MSNBC was also a disaster. They had loud, obnoxious voices like Ed Shultz and others like him along w/ simply awful programming/ shows that didn't work. I think since the guy who ran NBC took over CNN it's mainly been downhill. Agree that Tapper, Wolf Blizter and few others are totally fine. But between their panels of 10 people screaming and food fighting it's become unwatchable. MSNBC finally found their groove again and the perfect anti Fox. Fox while still mostly shit, at least will have some liberals/ people from both sides on from time to time. MSNBC likewise with conservatives (unlike a few years ago). If only Keith Olberman would come back...would be perfection! :D  

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

-Double down on it

-Continue to lie 

It is so obvious.  He is getting away with everything under the Sun with his budget cuts, policies and ideology that is extremely dangerous.  People are being distracted with things he deliberately does to deter attention and the media is spending too much time talking about them rather then analysing the dreadful things he is doing that will affect them directly.  His behaviour with Angela Merkel deserved to be highlighted and called out, but letting the "Obama wire-tapping"  nonsense he is sprouting is just playing into his hands.  He is far more dangerous than people realize and is leading so many on a merry dance.  

21 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

It is so obvious.  He is getting away with everything under the Sun with his budget cuts, policies and ideology that is extremely dangerous.  People are being distracted with things he deliberately does to deter attention and the media is spending too much time talking about them rather then analysing the dreadful things he is doing that will affect them directly.  His behaviour with Angela Merkel deserved to be highlighted and called out, but letting the "Obama wire-tapping"  nonsense he is sprouting is just playing into his hands.  He is far more dangerous than people realize and is leading so many on a merry dance.  

Agree. But remember and this key....his 'initial' appeal was he came across NON ideological and almost like a moderate/liberal since he claimed he was *against cutting entitlements, praised Planned Parenthood at times, free trade, basically never even talked about social issues etc...Sounded like a VERY different kind of Republican yet..he turned out to be exactly just that but the WORST kind in every way. Maybe 10x more extreme right than even most of his 2016 competitors. So...should be 0 shock to the most of the world that he clowned and bullshitted his way to the White House better than maybe more anyone is history. None of this was an accident (who/what he's surrounding himself with). As much as it's horrifying to see these things being done in the moment, let it continue. The ones it hurts the most are his BASE of jackasses lol. 2018 is an absolute most to put a check on him or Pence. That particular midterm may be the most important ever. Gut is telling me it's gonna be like 2006 and esp 2010 x 10 (hopefully)! 

The White House claims there is no evidence that after-school programs help children succeed.