Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

20 hours ago, spazz said:

I love this Pope

he is tolerant to gays

i took this picture last month during his visit 

look and the swastika sign on the car :( 

18237743_1327986480625486_22689977910917

Don't be fooled, it's just a facade, pure smoke and mirrors. He is co-responsible in the masterminding and aiding of so much political and military abuse in Argentina, as the highest ranking Jesuit official there in the late 70s/early 80s. Not to mention responsible for the cover up of child abuse, just like the last three popes have all been heavily involved in

150924102633-07-pope-francis-0924-super-

56041465c46188ac738b4593.jpg

And this fucking pig has the nerve to mention those poor children who died in Manchester

white-house-closes-in-on-100-billion-arm

Saudi Arabia = Wahabism = ISIS = Israel interests (meaning manufacturing from scratch more pretexts to act as the marching bully of the region). No wonder Syria and Iran are the last two countries standing in the way (as far as the Middle East goes at least). Because Russia and China are equally not good news for the collapsing American petro-dollar Empire

And same for the other three countries part of the BRICS enclave. Brasil, India and South Africa. All three of them currently being targeted by sophisticated econonomic and monetary warfare. Former President Dilma Roussef obviously was the first political casualty of this warfare in Brasil

I dunno what the fuck Kathy Griffin was thinking. I'm seeing backlash everywhere from both sides. Not in the least bit funny or witty. Just super low end and pointless. She ain't no fool so what on earth made her think that sinking to the lowest dumpster level of 'comedy' (Trump low end level) would be of any benefit to her or anti Trumpsters (most of the world). Yes, it will prob. go away and forgotten in a week but why do this shit now when all it did was distract from the pounding Trump and his team of swamp monsters are getting (ALL self inflicted) in the media and entire world. Every god damn day you think it can't get more horrifying and dire but it does. So...normally love Kathy but she def needs to go seriously MIA for a while. 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Barely looks like him and it needs more blood but bravo :beret:

I'm sorry, but there's nothing about this to applaud. It's vile, unnecessary, and just mind boggling tone deaf and politically stupid. 

This article sums up my feelings perfectly. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/30/hey-kathy-griffin-the-left-doesnt-need-its-own-ann-coulter?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

36 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

Sanctuary,  Even after all this time, I still get horrified at Trump's behaviour.  Seeing him in Brussels being so arrogant and dismissive to other world leaders while using the event to talk about how the USA is paying too much was inexcusable.  Any leader with an ounce of intelligence and diplomacy would know that if they were invited to a meeting of leaders who were supposed to be working together, they should not then use the event to publicly bully, scold and arrogantly boast about themselves in their speech.  He is nothing more than a buffoon who loves the sound of his own voice. 

4 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Sanctuary,  Even after all this time, I still get horrified at Trump's behaviour.  Seeing him in Brussels being so arrogant and dismissive to other world leaders while using the event to talk about how the USA is paying too much was inexcusable.  Any leader with an ounce of intelligence and diplomacy would know that if they were invited to a meeting of leaders who were supposed to be working together, they should not then use the event to publicly bully, scold and arrogantly boast about themselves in their speech.  He is nothing more than a buffoon who loves the sound of his own voice. 

@Jazzy Jan I couldn't agree with you more. I just thought this headline was hilarious. The Europeans and the Pope hated him so he's sitting in his room chomping on nachos and Haagen-Dazs, crying about it on the phone with his friends. That's REALLY what America needs in the White House. 🙄🙄🙄

For all the women who voted for Trump -  this is what he thinks.  He would rather support "religious freedom"  and people who find birth control a sin.  Because if we listen to their advice, sex without the intention of creating life is a sin. :wacko:

2017-05-04T164209Z_503884251_RC16F9C7910

The Trump administration has started rolling back the birth control mandate

Employers will soon be able to opt-out of providing coverage for birth control by citing religious objections.

Federal officials, under orders by President Donald Trump, have drafted a rule to roll back the Obama-era mandate that birth control be included under all employer insurance plans.

The final shape of roll back is still uncertain: The White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) website says that it is reviewing the “interim final rule” to relax the requirements on preventative services. The rule change is specifically aimed at accommodations for religious organizations, some of whom have strongly objected to requirements that they include birth control coverage under their insurance for employees.

Typically, when an agency considers changing a rule — which can have immediate and sweeping policy impacts — they publish a preliminary version, solicit comments from the public, and incorporate the feedback into revisions before handing down the final change. If the OMB is reviewing the interim final rule, however, that means the rule has already been drafted by the relevant agencies and is in the last step before being published, according to the National Women’s Law Center.

“We think whatever the rule is, it will allow an employer’s religious beliefs to keep birth control away from women. We are sure that some women will lose birth control coverage,” Gretchen Borchelt, the vice president of the National Women’s Law Center, told the New York Times.

Under the current rules, implemented under President Obama, birth control coverage is considered part of preventative medical care and must be covered by all insurers with no co-pay. The mandate has guaranteed an estimated 55 million women access to birth control and other preventative services at no additional cost to them, regardless of their employer.

In 2013, the mandate saved women $1.4 billion on birth control pills, and since the law went into effect, there has been a nearly 5 percent uptick in birth control subscriptions, according to the NWLC. The increased access to contraceptives has also correlated with a sharp drop in unintended pregnancy and abortion rates.

These public health outcomes make it easy to see why the requirement has been widely lauded by women’s health advocates and providers.

“Without question, contraception is an integral part of preventive care; women benefit from seamless, affordable access to contraception, and our health system benefits as well,” the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) said in a statement about the mandate. “ACOG strongly believes that contraception is an essential part of women’s preventive care, and that any accommodation to employers’ beliefs must not impose barriers to women’s ability to access contraception.”

The law has been hotly contested, however, by religious organizations who object to having to include birth control in their insurance plans. Trump seized on their complaints while campaigning for the presidency, and in early May, fulfilled his pledges to evangelical Christian supporters by handing down an executive order on “religious freedom” that aimed to do two things: To make it easier for faith leaders to preach politics, and to allow employers to claim a religious exemption against providing contraceptive coverage for their employees.

Trump made the proclamation alongside representatives of Little Sisters of the Poor, an order of nuns who have been some of the most vocal opponents of Obamacare’s mandate that insurance include birth control coverage — taking the fight up all the way up to the Supreme Court.

“Your long ordeal will soon be over,” Trump told them when he announced the order.

Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price immediately issued a statement saying that he’d be happy to take have the opportunity to reshape the requirements on birth control coverage.

“We welcome today’s executive order directing the Department of Health and Human Services to reexamine the previous administration’s interpretation of the Affordable Care Act’s preventive services mandate, and commend President Trump for taking a strong stand for religious liberty,” he said in a press relief.

Price has long been a vocal critic of the birth control mandate on grounds of religious freedom, and has also been dismissive of its benefit to women.

According to a recent survey by polling form PerryUndem, 33 percent of American women said they couldn’t afford to pay any more than a $10 copay for their birth control. Fourteen percent said that if they had to pay for birth control at all, they couldn’t afford it.

24 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm sorry, but there's nothing about this to applaud. It's vile, unnecessary, and just mind boggling tone deaf and politically stupid. 

This article sums up my feelings perfectly. 

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/30/hey-kathy-griffin-the-left-doesnt-need-its-own-ann-coulter?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

Just like blow up the White House Madonna nobody will care after a couple of weeks. :newspaper: 

6 minutes ago, Sanctuary said:

@Jazzy Jan I couldn't agree with you more. I just thought this headline was hilarious. The Europeans and the Pope hated him so he's sitting in his room chomping on nachos and Haagen-Dazs, crying about it on the phone with his friends. That's REALLY what America needs in the White House. 🙄🙄🙄

Yes, the headline was comedy gold. :thumbsup:

I bet 80 % of all Americans would feel so embarrassed about him.  His followers are very vocal but he is even worse than what most people imagined.  His use of fake news is wearing thin too.  Plus his constant lying and not even worrying about being caught out.  Just blames it on the "media and fake news"  I watched his interview about his sacking of Comey and he contradicted himself continually.   How can anyone watch him speak and not pick up on it.,   

I always find it funny when some Americans cannot take a joke about their President while being completely oblivious to what's going on in the Middle East right now (for starters) because of their administrations decades-long, disastrous and belligerant policies across the world. I am not a huge fan of Griffin tbh, she's one of those acts who can be very ambiguous/hypocritical and incredibly attention-seeking in regards to Madonna for instance, but who the fuck cares about stuff like this? People are dying every day, innocent people sacrificed in the name of profit and other sinister objectives, a sense of perspective would help

57 minutes ago, XXL said:

And this fucking pig has the nerve to mention those poor children who died in Manchester

white-house-closes-in-on-100-billion-arm

Saudi Arabia = Wahabism = ISIS = Israel interests (meaning manufacturing from scratch more pretexts to act as the marching bully of the region). No wonder Syria and Iran are the last two countries standing in the way (as far as the Middle East goes at least). Because Russia and China are equally not good news for the collapsing American petro-dollar Empire

And same for the other three countries part of the BRICS enclave. Brasil, India and South Africa. All three of them currently being targeted by sophisticated econonomic and monetary warfare. Former President Dilma Roussef obviously was the first political casualty of this warfare in Brasil

Fuck Saudi Arabia 

i want to live till i see the fall of this wahaby shithole collapse 

I despise this man so much that I am honestly in the who cares camp with Kathy Griffin.  Not offended in the least.  She shouldn't have apologized either. 

Trump just signed a 100 billion dollar arms deal with a government (Saudi Arabia) that literally chops people's heads off along with his daughter taking 100 million from them for her "foundation".  But let's all scream about Kathy Griffin. 

7 hours ago, Hector said:

Just like blow up the White House Madonna nobody will care after a couple of weeks. :newspaper: 

and Madonna also said a second later that those thoughts are not the answer. in that case it was just the right wing media trying to make madonna (a lefty) the bad person and to put a negative feel to the protests. (that's also why i was 50/50 on it. i got madonna 100%, but knowing the media will try to use it against M and the protests/marches is something I think she shouldve been aware of) but anyway it's very different than doing a real photoshoot of trump's head filled with blood. 

personally, i dont really care. we know kathy or most people won't take it literally. people are just complaining and it's backed by the right wing who want to make the left seem bad, and the left not wanting to be linked with that message knowing the right will use it against them.

it's all a game and both sides know it

@Skin is right.. the big problem is that the media focuses on little things instead of looking at the big picture

1 hour ago, Skin said:

Trump just signed a 100 billion dollar arms deal with a government (Saudi Arabia) that literally chops people's heads off along with his daughter taking 100 million from them for her "foundation".  But let's all scream about Kathy Griffin. 

THIS. 

I'm not personally screaming over this whole Kathy Griffin thing. And I'm well aware that there are much bigger issues out there to talk about. My beef with this whole thing is that she KNEW exactly the kind of media meltdown this would generate. She's a shrewd woman and was even BRAGGING about it in the behind the scenes commentary. She didn't do this to make a political point or any kind of deep social commentary. This wasn't 'ART' as she said in a very Gaga-ish manner. She did this for some kind of twisted ego fulfillment. 

And I also don't think this is anything like Madonna's speech. Her speech was organic and was said to inspire and make a point. This didn't do either of those things. 

I love political humor. I love dark humor. But this isn't humorous. It's celebrity narcissism at it's worst.

Oh well. Today the media is talking about how Trump misspelled a word in a tweet. God, every single day I'm closer to moving into the country to raise goats and plant gardens. This planet becomes more insufferable by the hour.

(Not you fine people in this forum. You're my daily escapism and I love and value all of the opinions in here) :smooch: 

3 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm not personally screaming over this whole Kathy Griffin thing. And I'm well aware that there are much bigger issues out there to talk about. My beef with this whole thing is that she KNEW exactly the kind of media meltdown this would generate. She's a shrewd woman and was even BRAGGING about it in the behind the scenes commentary. She didn't do this to make a political point or any kind of deep social commentary. This wasn't 'ART' as she said in a very Gaga-ish manner. She did this for some kind of twisted ego fulfillment. 

And I also don't think this is anything like Madonna's speech. Her speech was organic and was said to inspire and make a point. This didn't do either of those things. 

I love political humor. I love dark humor. But this isn't humorous. It's celebrity narcissism at it's worst.

Oh well. Today the media is talking about how Trump misspelled a word in a tweet. God, every single day I'm closer to moving into the country to raise goats and plant gardens. This planet becomes more insufferable by the hour.

(Not you fine people in this forum. You're my daily escapism and I love and value all of the opinions in here) :smooch: 

Totally agree with everything you said here.  Her need for attention is absolutely insatiable.  I've always enjoyed her but this was just a really, really stupid thing to do.

Trump is yet again getting away with people talking about other less important issues and the damage he is doing is getting over-looked.  While people are concentrating on Kathy Griffin and his tweet that did not make sense with some typo/made up word,  they are not talking about his policies, changes to health care, contempt for the environment and hypocrisy regarding Saudi Arabia amongst so many other things.   All of these distractions are music to his ears. 

4 hours ago, Skin said:

Exactly what I meant, thx

Plus the fact that ISIS stems off Wahabism and everything that the Saudi Royal family stands for. It's the greatest hypocrisy and gigantic contradiction at a time when people are mourning the loss of young lives at the hand of those nutjobs on top of making innocent Muslims feel increasingly more alienated and disenfranchised from the Western communities they are a part of

It's kind of funny how everything that Hillary got blamed for (being sneaky, having secret connections with the wrong people, being corrupt, surrounding herself with Wall Street, etc.) is exactly what Trump's entire administration has either already been caught doing or is currently under investigation for :lmao:

5 hours ago, Skin said:

It's also funny how you and everyone else laughed at a handful of us for being appalled with Hillary when she did THE SAME THING. 

13 hours ago, XXL said:

I always find it funny when some Americans cannot take a joke about their President while being completely oblivious to what's going on in the Middle East right now (for starters) because of their administrations decades-long, disastrous and belligerant policies across the world. I am not a huge fan of Griffin tbh, she's one of those acts who can be very ambiguous/hypocritical and incredibly attention-seeking in regards to Madonna for instance, but who the fuck cares about stuff like this? People are dying every day, innocent people sacrificed in the name of profit and other sinister objectives, a sense of perspective would help

This.

But we all know how fickle American audiences are... they'd rather be shocked and concerned by art, comedy, entertainment than pay attention to real issues.