Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

44 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Who was one of if not the most disconnected, worst campaigners in history. Sorry babe ;P lol 

I'm sorry, but I still don't put the entire blame on Hillary. I agree with your points. But, c'mon. She was the most centrist, pragmatic, intelligent candidate in recent memory. A stuffed animal should've beat Trump. 

Shame on America for putting personality before policy. 

It's getting interesting now. How many days/weeks before Trump gets 'fired'? Can you Americans demand a new vote? Or do you have to take Pence no matter what? 

Also, from a legal standpoint, the President can say whatever he or she (hahaha just kidding it'll never be a woman who are we fucking kidding) wants because anything that's classified becomes legally unclassified once he says it. 

The only way they would be forced to impeach him is if there's hard proof that his firing of Comey was a deliberate act of obstruction of justice. If that were to happen, we'd be stuck with Pence, but even that would be an improvement.

Thing is if it was blatant/instant obstruction of justice Comey would or should've gone RIGHT to Congress like asap. He didn't. As much as we know what Trump was truly trying to do so far seems like the 'tone' (which everyone says is key here) in which it was said and 'requested' in a casual, matter or fact way.  Comey is 100x smarter than Trump. Just NO way (esp if he's documenting every damn thing) it was a slam dunk incriminating conversation. If anything, it just simply made Comey more fired up to keep an eye on him, what he did and what he's doing along with his team. 

2 hours ago, ULIZOS said:

Neither the Republican controlled House nor the Senate are ever going to impeach Trump. 

Indeed. Impeachment is a fantasy that will never happen. Sorry about that, guys.

1 hour ago, runa said:

Indeed. Impeachment is a fantasy that will never happen. Sorry about that, guys.

Why not when they could get Pence who they're dying for like Gaga is for a #1 smash now. They wanted him since 11/8/2016 lol. For now..the main reason is only because he STILL has 35%-40% of his lunatic kkk mob base who he and the GOP are well aware he's still got. If the GOP tries to drop him..at least right now he'll do what he during the 2016 campaign early on and try to steamroll/troll the people in the GOP who turn against him one by one. GOP has no balls since that's all is comes down to. I think no matter what the GOP does they're going down hard. This is the exact same craziness that happened in/around the never Trump movement just a year ago lmao. 

41 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Why not when they could get Pence who they're dying for like Gaga is for a #1 smash now. They wanted him since 11/8/2016 lol. For now..the main reason is only because he STILL has 35%-40% of his lunatic kkk mob base who he and the GOP are well aware he's still got. If the GOP tries to drop him..at least right now he'll do what he during the 2016 campaign early on and try to steamroll/troll the people in the GOP who turn against him one by one. GOP has no balls since that's all is comes down to. I think no matter what the GOP does they're going down hard. This is the exact same craziness that happened in/around the never Trump movement just a year ago lmao. 

Impeachment would be social suicide. Their stupid white people party would look divided and broken. They'd drink baby blood if it kept them in power. They're not sending Trump anywhere. 

Is impeachment really the only alternative? Perhaps the only thing needed is a little bit of therapy, especially when a certain leader has proven time and time again to be psychologically unfit to lead anything ...

Ej7KUj.gif

Lol at "dumpster fire of an administration"  

Dan Rather

May 17, 2017

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10158687165655716

And then the dam broke. 

A flood is coming that will shape the future of our Republic in ways no one can predict. Except that the speed with which this has all happened, just over a hundred days into President Donald Trump's dumpster fire of an administration, means it was all very predictable. And no one who played a role in normalizing this President should be allowed to forget it. 

We have news that the Department of Justice, under Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, will appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russia interference scandal. Apparently the President was only given a 30 minute heads up, and it came while he was interviewing new heads for the FBI. The Special Counsel will be former FBI Director Robert Mueller. These types of investigations tend to stir up more dirt than anyone thought was there. We will see if that happens now. 

The stock market plummets. The White House staff is in chaos. The chorus of Republicans suddenly eager to be on the right side of history gets louder. Most of the time Washington moves in slow motion - except when it doesn't. And this moment is one of those times. We are living in a news cycle that can be measured in nanoseconds. 

And amidst the news, another blockbuster report by the Washington Post. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy apparently said last June that he thought Putin pays Trump. At which point Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, who was also there, stopped the conversation and swore those who were present to secrecy. When the Post asked about the incident, spokesmen for both representatives denied the story on the record. When they were informed that the Post reporters had heard a tape of the exchange, they changed their tune - saying it was a joke. 

What all this makes clear is that the concerns which now threaten the integrity of our government were well known and played for cynical theater. Well, the curtain may be coming down on this act of this tragedy. New actors wait to take the stage for a drama for which the script is yet to be written.

On 5/16/2017 at 7:46 PM, LSD said:

Yeah, nobody's perfect. Too bad Mr. Peoples and Trump's deplorables didn't use this logic when assessing Hillary.....who was OBVIOUSLY, ALWAYS the SMART choice.....but no, she wore too many pantsuits and doesn't remind me of my Mama baking pies on a breezy, Sunday afternoon so.....LOCK HER UP!!

Who watches the Stephen Colbert show ?  I love how he absolutely demolishes Trump at the start of each show.  

Whenever I watch Trump give a speech, it just astounds that anyone could find anything that he says plausible, intelligent or correct.  He contradicts himself within sentences, just waffles on about false press and lies pathologically.  It is all there to see, yet people are still behind him.  He is not a good speaker by any stretch of the imagination so it baffles me how he has a cult-like following.  Usually people that have followings like that have some kind of charisma or are great orators - even if what they are preaching is evil and wrong.  He has nothing going for him that would seem to appeal to people.  Plus his stupidity and outrageous behaviour and claims always distract from the real issues that people should be fighting against such as his health care policy.   

10 minutes ago, Jazzy Jan said:

Who watches the Stephen Colbert show ?  I love how he absolutely demolishes Trump at the start of each show.  

Whenever I watch Trump give a speech, it just astounds that anyone could find anything that he says plausible, intelligent or correct.  He contradicts himself within sentences, just waffles on about false press and lies pathologically.  It is all there to see, yet people are still behind him.  He is not a good speaker by any stretch of the imagination so it baffles me how he has a cult-like following.  Usually people that have followings like that have some kind of charisma or are great orators - even if what they are preaching is evil and wrong.  He has nothing going for him that would seem to appeal to people.  Plus his stupidity and outrageous behaviour and claims always distract from the real issues that people should be fighting against such as his health care policy.   

HUGE Colbert fan and have been for years. He was amazing at destroying Bush but he has taken the game up to another level with the orange clown. 🍊 🤡 Colbert is an absolute comedy genius, especially in the field of political commentary humor. I LOVE this man. 

2 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

HUGE Colbert fan and have been for years. He was amazing at destroying Bush but he has taken the game up to another level with the orange clown. 🍊 🤡 Colbert is an absolute comedy genius, especially in the field of political commentary humor. I LOVE this man. 

I love him.  I now tape his show all the time and he gives me a great laugh.  His political commentary mixed with humour is brilliant. It is also frightening because it is so accurate and how we all know Trump is really thinking.  

6 hours ago, Hector said:

Lol at "dumpster fire of an administration"  

Dan Rather

May 17, 2017

https://www.facebook.com/theDanRather/posts/10158687165655716

And then the dam broke. 

A flood is coming that will shape the future of our Republic in ways no one can predict. Except that the speed with which this has all happened, just over a hundred days into President Donald Trump's dumpster fire of an administration, means it was all very predictable. And no one who played a role in normalizing this President should be allowed to forget it. 

We have news that the Department of Justice, under Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, will appoint a Special Counsel to investigate the Russia interference scandal. Apparently the President was only given a 30 minute heads up, and it came while he was interviewing new heads for the FBI. The Special Counsel will be former FBI Director Robert Mueller. These types of investigations tend to stir up more dirt than anyone thought was there. We will see if that happens now. 

The stock market plummets. The White House staff is in chaos. The chorus of Republicans suddenly eager to be on the right side of history gets louder. Most of the time Washington moves in slow motion - except when it doesn't. And this moment is one of those times. We are living in a news cycle that can be measured in nanoseconds. 

And amidst the news, another blockbuster report by the Washington Post. House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy apparently said last June that he thought Putin pays Trump. At which point Speaker of the House Paul Ryan, who was also there, stopped the conversation and swore those who were present to secrecy. When the Post asked about the incident, spokesmen for both representatives denied the story on the record. When they were informed that the Post reporters had heard a tape of the exchange, they changed their tune - saying it was a joke. 

What all this makes clear is that the concerns which now threaten the integrity of our government were well known and played for cynical theater. Well, the curtain may be coming down on this act of this tragedy. New actors wait to take the stage for a drama for which the script is yet to be written.

Dan Rather is giving me LIFE through these times. Bless him.

4 hours ago, Jazzy Jan said:

I'll say it a million times - never underestimate American ignorance and stupidity...

9 minutes ago, LSD said:

This is like Nazi Germany in the late 30s and 40s. After the war many Germans claimed they never knew there were concentration camps. They knew. How could they not. Especially when they basically lived around the corner. Those camps could even be found in the telephone books. They turned a blind eye because they didn't want to see. Plain and simple. And the same happens with Trump and his supporters right now.

4 hours ago, Hector said:

Dumpster still brings up Hillary Clinton so much, I can't tell if he's talking about her or him. The situation with Hillary in 2016....THAT was a witch hunt. What Trump is dealing with now?? That's called the beginnings of JUSTICE and the TRUTH finally being exposed. #fuckalternativefacts