Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

22 hours ago, Robin said:

but its ok since he is republican lol if he gets impeached we get pence lmaoo 

Yes, however, there's already a foul stench in the air because of this administration. If the "head master" gets impeached, they have an uphill battle like none other. Their desperation is already palpable hence their extremism.....they're trying to get EVERYTHING in NOW because, even they know this is their last gasp. They're a dying breed. It's literally, a bunch of old white men TRYING (and in most cases failing miserably) to "make America 'great' again". All of their decisions these first 100 something days reek of desperation and fear and NOTHING to do with the greater good of this country.

The good thing is, whether it be 1, 2, 4 or 8 more years......when the pendulum swings back the other direction, it's going to be GAME ON! For better or worse, Trump has changed the way the game is played to some degree. The lefts answer to Trump will have those dingbats in the "rust belt" on their knees praying for an Obama or Hillary to save the day.....I hope you'll be LMAO'ing when that day comes as well. I'm sure one of the first orders of business will be FINALLY getting those pesky gun laws in order and under control. Fortunately, nearly everything important Trump tries to get in place gets shot down immediately so the left won't have too too much to "undo" when they regain their ground....this time permanently.

22 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Kurt,  I think I want to pull my hair out every time I read that the "working class"  think that Trump is anti corporations, anti Wall Street and for the everyday person.  I see them defending him and just wonder how they could think a millionaire who has just decimated Health Care for people that are not wealthy, could still think that.  It is like a cult that they can't get out of or admit they are wrong. 

I know and understand why everyone is so angry at that woman whose husband was screwed over by Trump.   However, I want more and more people to admit they were wrong and speak out about the way that voting for him has made their lives worse.  Take the shame away to a point because otherwise people will convince themselves otherwise to try and save face.  The more Trumpsters that openly admit to being duped by him - the better. 

jazzy, even now, I wonder if they actually believe half the shit they spew. How can anyone with even a modicum of logic and reason think that a silver spoon born and bred, billionaire, reality TV star with no experience was EVER going to be a good thing?? Their very poor judgement was clouded by their "Obama hangover" (remember a black Muslim from Kenya for 8 yrs was just too too much!!) and that elitist, bitch Hillary (how dare she even TRY to become president....how can she make decisions rationally?? Won't her monthly cycle affect her decisions?? :crazy: omg just lock her up....why I don't know...just do it). It could've been Satan himself campaigning and they would've rationalized why that would be the better choice. I don't think they've EVER truly LOVED Trump....they just hated Hillary and Obama (and all they stand for) far more. I don't ever anticipate there's going to be this mass exodus of regretful Trump voters coming forward. They'll just be silent. Historically, "they" have never been ones to admit defeat with anything anyways. It's always going to be the black man, woman, faggot, Muslims faults. 

Joke is on them though. The day they elected Trump they started digging their own grave, in many different ways.....in some ways quite LITERALLY they're digging their own grave. 

11 hours ago, Hector said:

:bad:

TREASON.

7 hours ago, Hector said:

Bless Dan Rather. He's been damn near poetic in these times.

His last line says it all - this is a "clash of values" for the future of this nation.

The globalist, moderate wing of the White House doesn't stand a chance

Linette Lopez

Last week, President Donald Trump gave a disastrous interview to The Economist. Flanked by his aides, the president was rambling, uninformed, confused, and dishonest — and never corrected by those supposed to balance a man who was meant to disrupt, but not dismantle, US politics.

Afterward, David Rennie, the journalist who conducted the interview, was himself interviewed by Public Radio International, and he made one crucial point that anyone concerned about Trump's economic policy should understand.

From the interview (emphasis added):

"A lot of the reporting has said that there's kind of two completely different factions [in the White House]. One is kind of moderate, globalist view led by his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and then the other this kind of very dark, nationalist, angry view, and that somehow those two factions are locked in a fight that one of them might win, and then that somehow will set the policy.

"Having spent that much time in the West Wing and doing this interview, I would say we came away with a different impression, which is that, fundamentally, Donald Trump is a nationalist — he's a kind of nationalist with a grievance. He thinks that the world has taken advantage of America for too long, it's time for America to be tougher and gruffer and more assertive and more selfish.

"So if there are different voices — and there are — it's more a question of tactics. It's kind of, how do you cut that best deal? Do you bang your fist on the table, or do you offer concessions? So I don't think there's a kind of chance that a globalist, moderate wing is somehow going to win the argument and change Donald Trump. He is who he is."

During the campaign, a lot of Trump's supporters touted his practicality, saying he had no ideological allegiance to either party and, as such, could look beyond politics to find a better, more practical solution.

According to Rennie, that's simply not so. Trump may not be practicing the politics of a Democrat or Republican, but that of protectionism, victimization, aggression, and nationalism — a particularly heady form of entitlement. These are incredibly dangerous forces in the global economy when any country tries to harness them, and even more so when that country is the richest and most powerful, hardly a victim.

So this is what we have. Trump is the bully who was picked last in gym class in the fourth grade and still seethes about it in his junior year of college. Even as an adult, he can't help himself anytime he sees a kickball.

Reciprocity is not a thing, guys

Trump was about to leave NAFTA until some "fairly startling" (Rennie's words) moves by his Cabinet, the leaders of Mexico and Canada, and corporate executives stopped him.

But we won't always be so lucky. And we are about to test that luck repeatedly.

Trump's team is touting a made-up trade term: reciprocity. Most basically, it means putting pressure on countries to lower their tariffs or change their economic structures to something more palatable for the Trump administration. If that sounds heavy-handed, it's because it is.

What's most worrying about that is not what the administration may get done, but what it might accidentally do in the process. Rennie's point about tactics is crucial. There may very likely be unintended consequences in aggressively confronting countries to make them bend to the US's economic will.

Take, for example, the 20% tariff Trump placed on Canadian softwood lumber, a fight that previous administrations lost time and time again. Paul Frazer, a former Canadian ambassador, told Business Insider that restarting it was emotional — and a point of pride — for Canadians.

"It's the oldest chestnut and the nastiest one from the Canadian perspective," he said. "For the Canadians, it's more than an economic issue, it's wrapped up in what is fair and what is right and wrong."

So Canadians are starting to feel negatively about their neighbors to the south.

"The trade matters such as softwood contributes and will continue to contribute to that opinion," Frazer said.

Trump should not be allowed to carelessly and unnecessarily fray relationships across the globe. Think about what that would mean if something dangerous were to happen in the world and the US had squandered its goodwill chasing nonsense grievances in the paranoid mind of an ignorant ideologue.

The longer this goes on, the more vulnerable we all become.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-economist-journalist-interview-2017-5

That desperate Republican majority in Congress will keep their heads buried and not allow impeachment hearings to even be proposed. They will let him get away with just about anything. Fucking disgusting all of them!

Can't stand this corpse Mitch! He'd still have blind faith and confidence for Trump even if Trump murders a baby on live TV!

So fucked either way here. This is absolutely Watergate 2.0 x 100. So if Trump is booted that means we get Pres. Pence and VP Ryan. :wacko: Just a calmer gentler version of Trump/Satan :demonic:At least if it was May 2018 now I'd say almost 100% Dem blowout. But if they get Pence in there even by the end of the year which still has 7 months left and he calms things down and consolidates/eases the parties fears, may be more dicey :/ Dunno what to f'king say with this one. If I knew for sure the world will be intact in a year I'd actually prefer for Trump to stay in just to destroy GOP for good. 

I mean, what's left to say? 

I stopped shitting myself over the potential policies this horrid administration would push through. Because at this point, nothing's getting passed. 

Now I'm truly horrified at the basic lack of common sense this administration has. I just don't have any words. He has NO IDEA what he's doing. None. 

^ not only NO idea but more than ever I believe he does NOT want this god damn gig! lol What's the mystery here or 'shock' some people are feeling? He's out of his skull lol! Not like he was this 'different' person and disguised anything about his personality in 2015/16. Just re-confirms and will always confirm there a LOT of stoopid people out there. Could not care less about 'unifying' or pivoting etc etc...It's not even calculated. He's the polar opposite. Doesn't even cross his mind. Major ADHD, impulsiveness mixed in with a developmental problem with severe narcissism. Was always about himself and will be until he's back in the cesspool he came from. 

3 minutes ago, Skin said:

Such a shame that this buffoon won over one of the brightest and most qualified candidates for President ever.  

Who was one of if not the most disconnected, worst campaigners in history. Sorry babe ;P lol 

17 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Who was one of if not the most disconnected, worst campaigners in history. Sorry babe ;P lol 

Yes she screwed up by taking states she thought she had for granted but there is no doubt she was more than fit for the job of being President.