Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

5 hours ago, LSD said:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: 

Insecure, petty, delusional, narcissistic and unwilling to listen to others' criticism all = unfit to be the leader of ANYTHING.

Clock is ticking....impeachment, resignation, heart attack?? What's it gonna be??

12 hours ago, Skin said:

Well the ones that aren't part of Trump's cult at least.  Trump can never do wrong in their eyes.  It's frightening. 

There's more of us than them. We have that at least. Now we got to turn that into political power.

Lmao!!!  Maybe someone should tell the douche that alot of those red areas contain hardly any people and are loaded with tumbleweeds.   You still lost the popular vote by 3 million bitch!!!

Even if/when something happens are people f'king forgetting hell will NOT end. Pence.:crazy: Just a more subtle, gentler version of the devil. :sneaky::demonic:

Wtf! They just love to punish the poor. It should be getting raised, not lowered! Maybe if the year was 1977 this would be  considered a living wage.

I know it's America and 'what' is out there waddling around in many,many parts of country but I'm absolutely flabbergasted his #s esp among Rethugs are STILL as f'king good as they are! Sorry...if this shit was going on with Hillary or ANY Dem. I would be equally sickened and want her or whoever OUT faster than asap. This is beyond the political party, 'killing' babies, who is fucking, dating or marrying who, if a chick with a dick pisses in a women's room etc etc... 

For the sake of the country and world how could any semi sane, decent person find what's going on 24/7 acceptable in any way. Has done less than squat for that lovely main core IQ of 7 base/loons. Zero! Don't give me the Gorsuch bullshit. How is that man or any Supreme Ct. Justice gonna help or give two shits or put bread on the table for an uneducated person from a trailer park in West Virginia, Kentucky etc...with 3 babies. lmao Just confirms it's no better and as scary as followers of David Koresh, Jim Jones, Manson (with Conway, Sanders and Omarosa being Trumps 'girls'/ bitches who would kill for him) He's humiliating and trolling the country. 

2 hours ago, Hector said:

Wtf! They just love to punish the poor. It should be getting raised, not lowered! Maybe if the year was 1977 this would be  considered a living wage.

You've got to be kidding me.

FUCK these assholes.

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I know it's America and 'what' is out there waddling around in many,many parts of country but I'm absolutely flabbergasted his #s esp among Rethugs are STILL as f'king good as they are! Sorry...if this shit was going on with Hillary or ANY Dem. I would be equally sickened and want her or whoever OUT faster than asap. This is beyond the political party, 'killing' babies, who is fucking, dating or marrying who, if a chick with a dick pisses in a women's room etc etc... 

For the sake of the country and world how could any semi sane, decent person find what's going on 24/7 acceptable in any way. Has done less than squat for that lovely main core IQ of 7 base/loons. Zero! Don't give me the Gorsuch bullshit. How is that man or any Supreme Ct. Justice gonna help or give two shits or put bread on the table for an uneducated person from a trailer park in West Virginia, Kentucky etc...with 3 babies. lmao Just confirms it's no better and as scary as followers of David Koresh, Jim Jones, Manson (with Conway, Sanders and Omarosa being Trumps 'girls'/ bitches who would kill for him) He's humiliating and trolling the country. 

It's a deep anti-intellectual sentiment that runs through our culture. We don't value rational or critical thinking. And while all this transcends any one affiliation...there is a certain end of the sociopolitical spectrum that takes the cake with this kind of thinking. And the powers that be know this, prey on it, and use it to their advantage. And the rest of us are dragged down with them.

5 hours ago, Hector said:

Disgusting excuses for human beings.  Punishing the poorest people on the minimum wage by lowering their wages is heartless and evil. 

7 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

I was coming in here to post something similar. It's beyond comprehension to me that republicans in congress are just looking the other way with their hands over their ears. Of course there would be SOME, but the lockstep they have with Trump is almost scarier than Trump himself.  

^ I esp look at super pussies like little Marco, Cruz, and all the rest who got their heads beaten in from all the bullying Trump did to them AND their families during the primaries. You gonna tell me they're truly 'indifferent' to what they're seeing now lol. This whole thing is sinister. Almost no doubt they're either getting paid and/or intimidated to shut their slimy sell out mouths. There's endless dirty dark money in the GOP but DeVos at the very minimum is a MAJOR contributor. To think if just a few or esp one younger, rising GOP star says F that and stands up and goes gangsta on Trump the dividends in the long term could make them close to or even president one day.

Like I said, if this was a Dem putting the world through a similar shit show, even on a simple political level I'd be tripping left/right right now (not just 2018) but the entire future of the party and country. Unless the GOP is indeed working with Putin to rig every machine, do not see or get how all the crusty, nasty old white men in the GOP aren't shitting into their Depends now. Trump ain't changing/pivoting lmao. Only gonna get worse and horrific. 2018 needs to be a blowout for Dems. 

19 hours ago, Hector said:

All rich and privileged WHITE MALES. 

Out of 24 people, 23 are white males. :sick:

Who said America isn't racist and misogynistic?

Guest CzarnaWisnia

http://www.salon.com/2017/05/13/the-dncs-elephant-in-the-room-dems-have-a-problem-its-not-donald-trump/

The DNC’s elephant in the room: Dems have a problem — it’s not Donald Trump

It’s time for the DNC to stop blaming Trump and the GOP for their own credibility issues

The election of Donald Trump offered the Democratic Party a huge gift. Coming off of a highly contentious election and a series of party scandals, the public came together in a massive effort to protest and thwart everything GOP. Anti-Trump activism and political mobilization has been extraordinary, with record levels of people attending protests, making calls, organizing events and supporting DNC initiatives on a daily basis.

Each day the Trump team conjures up another opportunity for the DNC. From the unconstitutional Muslim ban to a cruel healthcare bill to the firing of FBI Director James Comey, the Trump administration keeps offering Democrats an endless opportunity to gather more public support.

But all signs suggest that the DNC is poised to blow this unique moment and potentially guarantee the GOP increasing success over the next four years. This is so because the DNC has become immensely tone-deaf to its own internal problems.

Much has been made, for instance, of Trump’s historically low approval ratings, but less attention has been drawn to the fact that support for the DNC is even worse.

Trump currently has a 45.1 percent favorability rating, one of the lowest for any president in the history of polling. But Democrats fare worse. The DNC has only a 38.8 percent favorability rating.

A January Gallup poll indicated that party identification is at record lows, with 42 percent identifying as independents, 29 percent as Democrats, and 26 percent as Republicans. A recent Washington Post poll showed that the DNC trailed both Trump and the GOP when voters were asked if the party was “in touch” with their concerns. In fact, only 28 percent of those polled felt the party was connected with issues that matter to them.

Chris Cillizza notes that only 52 percent of self-identified Democrats said their party was in touch with peoples’ concerns, while 44 percent said it was out of touch: “Those numbers — particularly among Democrats — are striking. Party leaders in Washington have positioned the party as the voice of the little guy since the earliest days of the Trump presidency: Their side would be the one to stand up for the disenfranchised people in the country whose lives Trump neither cared about nor even thought much about.”

And yet, rather than face the extremely low support for the party, Democrats are busy avoiding and ignoring their own credibility problems. Even Hillary Clinton has refused to take any responsibility for losing the election, citing four external reasons for her loss: “Russian meddling in the election, FBI Director James Comey’s involvement toward the end of the race, WikiLeaks’ theft of emails from her campaign chairman, and misogyny.”

What’s amazing about this list is that there is no reference of any kind to the failures of the DNC itself. Clinton, like all party stalwarts, seems completely incapable of articulating any sort of reasonable assessment of the disasters of the last election.

It’s worth remembering, for instance, that despite all of the cries of Russian interference and hacking there would have been no story and no scandal if there hadn’t been damaging emails to be found in the first place.

And who could forget that after Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned her post as chair of the DNC in the wake of damning evidence of her bias against Bernie Sanders she was later appointed as honorary chair of Clinton’s 50-state campaign?

As if the leaked emails showing Wasserman Schultz’s bias were not bad enough, there was the Donna Brazile scandal that showed she had advance-shared debate questions with the Clinton camp. As she later admitted after CNN severed ties with her, a “release of emails revealed that among the many things I did in my role as a Democratic operative and D.N.C. Vice Chair prior to assuming the interim D.N.C. Chair position was to share potential town hall topics with the Clinton campaign.” And yet she still maintains she was “fair” to all candidates in the primary.

But it gets worse. As all eyes have been focused on the Trump kakistocracy, the DNC has been dealing with a lawsuit filed against it in federal court in Florida last October. The lawsuit alleges that the DNC’s bias toward Clinton over Sanders amounted to fraud, misrepresentation, unjust enrichment, breach of fiduciary duty and negligence. The plaintiffs have pointed to damning evidence in the emails posted by WikiLeaks proving that the Democratic Party was working against Sanders from the start.

While the mainstream media has almost completely blacked out coverage of this lawsuit, Jordan Chariton has covered it for the TYT Network. He notes that in a courtroom in South Florida over a week ago, a DNC lawyer said openly that if the party wanted to do things like the old days and pick a candidate over cigars in back rooms, it would be within their legal rights to do so.

“We could have voluntarily decided that, ‘Look, we’re gonna go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate that way,’” Bruce Spiva, lawyer for the DNC, said during a court hearing in Carol Wilding, et al. v. DNC Services Corp., according to court filings exclusively obtained by TYT Politics.

Chariton reports that the DNC’s lawyer also implied that, despite the DNC’s charter and bylaws stating that it must be neutral during Democratic primary contests, the DNC charter does not imply a contractual obligation to follow through.

“There’s no right to not have your candidate disadvantaged or have another candidate advantaged. There’s no contractual obligation here . . . it’s not a situation where a promise has been made that is an enforceable promise,” Spiva said.

The DNC is advancing the argument that any claims to be neutral and fair to all candidates were nothing but “political promises” and are unenforceable by law. They claim that there was no expectation that they would actually be evenhanded in their treatment of Sanders and Clinton. They have made this case despite the fact that many in DNC leadership made claims of fairness when Sanders supporters clamored for accountability during and after the primary.

While the lawsuit is still playing out, it is worth pausing for a moment to consider the political backlash that will inevitably ensue here. The DNC lawyers are arguing that they had no obligation to be neutral in the primary. Their strategy in the lawsuit is to claim that they never needed to give Sanders a fair shake. It is hard to see how this will help improve their credibility with voters, even if it does help them win the case.

Spiva’s defense is blatant proof that despite the fact that the DNC fashions itself as the party of the people it is openly and clearly an oligarchy — a fact also made clear by its use of superdelgates. Branko Marcetic of In These Times reminded voters that the DNC superdelegate system was created in 1982 in response to the decisive electoral defeats of George McGovern in 1972 and Jimmy Carter in 1980.

The superdelegate system was created specifically as a counterforce to the will of voters. According to Marcetic, “When a Sanders supporter criticized superdelegate Howard Dean for sticking with Clinton despite Sanders’ landslide victory in Vermont, Dean tweeted back: “Superdelegates don’t ‘represent the people’ . . . I’ll do what I think is right for the country.” As Marcetic explained it, the superdelegate system was created because “The very democracy of the primary process appears to have made the Commission members nervous.”

This all proves that the DNC has a serious problem not only with the democratic process but also with the very idea of representing the will of its constituents. And that is not even touching the recent news that former President Obama has decided to speak at Wall Street for $400,000 — a move Sanders called “distasteful.”

Meanwhile Sanders is the most favored politician in America today. A recent Fox News poll showed him with a 61 percent favorability rating.

So exactly how long can the DNC ride the Trump train and ignore the Sanders progressives? Anti-Trump grassroots movements have sidestepped problems with the Democrats in favor of focusing on ways to block the Trump agenda. But there are rumblings that this won’t last. Even Nancy Pelosi is being given a run by a pro-Sanders primary challenger.

Thus far, the DNC has largely shielded itself from close scrutiny because the Trump circus has been such a terrifying distraction. But its day of reckoning will come, and if it doesn’t make some major changes soon, it won’t be pretty.

As professor of sociology Jonathan Martin puts it, the DNC didn’t need a new chair, it needed a whole new party: “The big concern is that if the party doesn’t adopt a bolder message, especially on the populist economic platform that prompted many former Democrats to support Trump and many Independents to support Bernie Sanders, then the party is destined to be in the minority.”

Thus far the party isn’t listening to either the voters or the facts.

I would argue that the two-party duopoly doesn’t serve our nation, especially since the United States is the only developed nation in the world with a two-party system. As we saw over the last election cycle, the two party structure inclines the system toward oligarchy and cronyism.

Some would argue that the implosion of the DNC is a welcome development since it paves the way toward multi-party options. But as I argued prior to the November elections, as long as we are locked in a two-party system, destroying the one viable platform to thwart the Republican agenda is dangerous business. This means that there are good reasons to want to hold the DNC accountable to its ideals rather than cheer as it heads over a cliff.

The irony, of course, is that the GOP is represented as an elephant, while the DNC is represented as donkey. It’s easy to get distracted by the big, lumbering elephant, but in this case it’s the clueless donkey that needs tending to.

The elephant in the room for the DNC isn’t Trump or the GOP or Bernie bros or Russian hackers; it is its own elitist, corporatist, cronyist, corrupt system that consistently refuses to listen to the will of the people it hopes to represent. Thus far, though, DNC leadership has refused to take these issues seriously. It’s a strategy that smacks of arrogance and hubris. And it’s a politics that looks a lot more like the GOP than a party invested in helping the little guy.

If the DNC doesn’t deal with the elephant in the room it will soon see that it has indeed become a jackass.

7 hours ago, runa said:

All rich and privileged WHITE MALES. 

Out of 24 people, 23 are white males. :sick:

Who said America isn't racist and misogynistic?

how does that make america racist??? 

^ cause basically every one of the most backwards, bigoted, racist, cruel and corrupt things that happen in the US govt have always been and continue to be done by straight or self loathing closeted prune faced white men esp Republican or conservatives. Fact. Obama and his administration signaled a major threat to their existence and power. They caught a very, very lucky break...temporarily. They know that which is why they're going kkk gangsta now trying to milk every second they have to take things back to the 1850s, 1950s and 1980s. Before (hopefully) they get a final fork stuck into them in 2018 and esp 2020. 

lmfao I just cant that 38% sheeppeople believe Trump fired Comey over Hillary's e-mails. Even though 46-ish % say it was wrong and total bullshit and 32% are in a fog of course (again..America here) again, almost FOUR out of 10 people in the country believe this caca. :sick:Again, if this shit was reversed and it was Hillary or a Dem I seriously liked firing Comey over something related to Trump I would absolutely say it was bullshit. No hesitation. Has nothing to do with anything else but something that is pulsating transparent and idiotic. Re-confirms TrumpGa fans are the lowest common denominator. 

17 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

^ cause basically every one of the most backwards, bigoted, racist, cruel and corrupt things that happen in the US govt have always been and continue to be done by straight or self loathing closeted prune faced white men esp Republican or conservatives. Fact. Obama and his administration signaled a major threat to their existence and power. They caught a very, very lucky break...temporarily. They know that which is why they're going kkk gangsta now trying to milk every second they have to take things back to the 1850s, 1950s and 1980s. Before (hopefully) they get a final fork stuck into them in 2018 and esp 2020. 

If the democrats keep playing, we got trump for 4 for more years (nobody likes the corporate dummy the democrats are pushing right now) 

3 hours ago, Robin said:

If the democrats keep playing, we got trump for 4 for more years (nobody likes the corporate dummy the democrats are pushing right now) 

Yeah b/c Trump is so anti corporate and anti Wall Street and all that.....get a clue.....

http://time.com/4740923/allan-lichtman-case-for-impeachment-donald-trump/

1 hour ago, Kurt420 said:

Yeah b/c Trump is so anti corporate and anti Wall Street and all that.....get a clue.....

but its ok since he is republican lol if he gets impeached we get pence lmaoo 

2 hours ago, Kurt420 said:

Kurt,  I think I want to pull my hair out every time I read that the "working class"  think that Trump is anti corporations, anti Wall Street and for the everyday person.  I see them defending him and just wonder how they could think a millionaire who has just decimated Health Care for people that are not wealthy, could still think that.  It is like a cult that they can't get out of or admit they are wrong. 

I know and understand why everyone is so angry at that woman whose husband was screwed over by Trump.   However, I want more and more people to admit they were wrong and speak out about the way that voting for him has made their lives worse.  Take the shame away to a point because otherwise people will convince themselves otherwise to try and save face.  The more Trumpsters that openly admit to being duped by him - the better.