Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

lmaoo people still want Bernie??? yall snowflakes think social change is going to happen peacefully :lol2: 

Yes, I still want Bernie and if you think that's funny go suck a fucking dick 

I'll be shocked if Bernie doesn't run again.  Of course what he wants is going to be an uphill battle cause he will no doubt have to deal with a shit congress if elected.

I'll be shocked if Bernie doesn't run again.  Of course what he wants is going to be an uphill battle cause he will no doubt have to deal with a shit congress if elected.

I really like Bernie Sanders, but the Democrats won't grow their talent and bench if they keep nominating and electing senior citizens for leadership roles. If he were to win two terms he'd be 88 by the time he leaves office. I've really appreciated his defence of red state democrats because he brings a balanced perspective. I think a better idea would be if he advised and coached a much younger version of him to be candidate for President.

Yes because wars and conflicts have only always worked for the winners but as I think we should have learned by now the results of wars have never solved anything. They always ended up causing more problems. It's a never ending vicious circle which ultimately will destroy us all. 

So yes the alternative to war is peace. 

Conflict is good

Yes, I still want Bernie and if you think that's funny go suck a fucking dick 

Lol i like bernie and voted for him but the DNC screwed him over for hillary. Hence my hate for the DNC . 

What america needs is a strong leader (man,female) to promote change via violence!!! Thats why citizens need guns to overthrow the burgoise state and seize the Mean of production but people still think peaceful ways will change the system lol yall need to lower your expectations. 

FB_IMG_1489968385561.jpg

Conflict is good

Lol i like bernie and voted for him but the DNC screwed him over for hillary. Hence my hate for the DNC . 

What america needs is a strong leader (man,female) to promote change via violence!!! Thats why citizens need guns to overthrow the burgoise state and seize the Mean of production but people still think peaceful ways will change the system lol yall need to lower your expectations. 

FB_IMG_1489968385561.jpg

You sound like an anarchist. And there has been many times in history in which change came about through a peaceful process. 

There isn't a leader for the Dems right now. And yes, it's a total side effect of our political system after the other side loses. Same thing happened with the Repugs in 2008 and 12. Only they roared back to life in the 2010 midterms after everyone had written their obituary. Same things are being said about the Dems. That they're toast. Gone. Done. Insignificant. On their last breath. You name it.

But yes, right now, the Dems are in pretty dire straits. From both a leadership standpoint and a bench to pull from. You've got Bernie out there, Elizabeth Warren, Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, and Jerry Brown all rattling the cages and making noise, But none of them are the de facto leader in any way. They're all obviously jockeying for front runner in 2020. Except maybe Brown who's like 80. 

I can't complain too much about the Dems though. For being as far in the minority as they are, they're holding their own. It helps that the Repugs have mastered the art being a circular firing squad on each other though. They're dealing with their own dysfunction. Everything is a complete mess right now in our political system. I've been a political junkie for almost 20 years and I've never witnessed the shitstorm we're in. Something's gonna break. Something bad and it's gonna happen sooner rather than later. 

Interesting, thanks.

Can I also say either Kid Rock was a fraud from the start or totally sold out.  A man that used black culture and hip hop to build a career (making this music was the only time he had a short lived career) and now he is all Confederate flag waving Republican bitch pretty much spitting in the face of the community he took from.   Pig.

Yep. 

I wonder how Kid Rock's half BLACK  son (whom Kid Rock had with his BLACK "High School" girlfriend) feels about his redneck, confederate flag loving Daddy?

Then again, maybe this is who he always was but his public "transformation" from wannabe rapper/rocker to a redneck, confederate flag waving, staunch republican is interesting to say the least.

Yep. 

I wonder how Kid Rock's half BLACK  son (whom Kid Rock had with his BLACK "High School" girlfriend) feels about his redneck, confederate flag loving Daddy?

Then again, maybe this is who he always was but his public "transformation" from wannabe rapper/rocker to a redneck, confederate flag waving, staunch republican is interesting to say the least.

Yes. Yes. This.

It's who he always was. It's who THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. All of those suburban and exurban 90's teens who borrowed from black culture for an entire decade have reverted back to their true form. All of those hillbilly teens who were jamming to the Chronic and Doggiestyle, tinting their windows, stuffing their trunks with speakers, and wearing Starter jackets only did it because it was 'cool' at the time. Now, they're all jamming to country music with confederate flags waving out of their rusty pick up trucks and drinking bud light in their garage, talking about wild conspiracy theories pertaining to our Kenyan Muslim former president. 

It's sickening. 

Yes. Yes. This.

It's who he always was. It's who THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN. All of those suburban and exurban 90's teens who borrowed from black culture for an entire decade have reverted back to their true form. All of those hillbilly teens who were jamming to the Chronic and Doggiestyle, tinting their windows, stuffing their trunks with speakers, and wearing Starter jackets only did it because it was 'cool' at the time. Now, they're all jamming to country music with confederate flags waving out of their rusty pick up trucks and drinking bud light in their garage, talking about wild conspiracy theories pertaining to our Kenyan Muslim former president. 

It's sickening. 

It's like Justin Bieber. Making disgusting N word jokes just a few years ago now he's all urban and loved by all unconditionally because he has a six pack.

OMG but why did Trump win? :rolleyes:

It's like Justin Bieber. Making disgusting N word jokes just a few years ago now he's all urban and loved by all unconditionally because he has a six pack.

OMG but why did Trump win? :rolleyes:

I am still shocked his career survived that.

Excuse my ignorance, but who is actually considered "leader" of the Democrats? Is there such a thing? Why does there appear to be no actual voice representing the other side?

Is is a side effect of the presidential system that if the other person loses (Hillary), they just fuck off into the wilderness? 

The only one I hear is Bernie Sanders. Ironic, considering the ridiculous "He's not even a democrat" claims. Well, just as well he is, because no one else is coming across at all.

Like the UK; a useless opposition is no opposition at all.

There isn't a leader for the Dems right now. And yes, it's a total side effect of our political system after the other side loses. Same thing happened with the Repugs in 2008 and 12. Only they roared back to life in the 2010 midterms after everyone had written their obituary. Same things are being said about the Dems. That they're toast. Gone. Done. Insignificant. On their last breath. You name it.

But yes, right now, the Dems are in pretty dire straits. From both a leadership standpoint and a bench to pull from. You've got Bernie out there, Elizabeth Warren, Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, and Jerry Brown all rattling the cages and making noise, But none of them are the de facto leader in any way. They're all obviously jockeying for front runner in 2020. Except maybe Brown who's like 80. 

I can't complain too much about the Dems though. For being as far in the minority as they are, they're holding their own. It helps that the Repugs have mastered the art being a circular firing squad on each other though. They're dealing with their own dysfunction. Everything is a complete mess right now in our political system. I've been a political junkie for almost 20 years and I've never witnessed the shitstorm we're in. Something's gonna break. Something bad and it's gonna happen sooner rather than later. 

Was wondering the exact same thing.  I know that here the opposition leader has as much publicity as the leader and is always talking about how they either support a decision or how they would do it differently.  Have found it bewildering that there has not been someone named as official Democrat leader so interesting to know. 

Bernie is the best performer by a mile.  He is continually out there,  has clear alternatives and calls Trump out all the time with true facts and passion.  Sadly, his age will go against him but I am hoping he is the next president.  He is exactly what the entire world needs at the moment.  

Unfortunately, his age will play against him. He will be 79 years old in 2020. He will never be able to endure the ecstatic pace of the election campaign. He had already looked exhausted at the end of the last campaign of investiture of the Democratic party.

Someone find the fountain of youth for Bernie STAT!  I wish Bill Maher would run.  Trump showed us you don't need a lick of government experience to become President so why not?

Someone find the fountain of youth for Bernie STAT!  I wish Bill Maher would run.  Trump showed us you don't need a lick of government experience to become President so why not?

Bill would be my ideal president (there is no chance that such a fantastic thing happens, but it does not hurt to dream). Imagine how much it would piss off the religious right. :rotfl: Priceless.

Bill would be my ideal president (there is no chance that such a fantastic thing happens, but it does not hurt to dream). Imagine how much it would piss off the religious right. :rotfl: Priceless.

It would be heaven.  No pun intended.

I mean....Howard Stern would probably be a less risker choice than Bill Maher, considering some of the views Maher has held. I'll also say this, while Trump has no government experience, he's had a lot of experience in business and in dealing with politicians. 

I mean....Howard Stern would probably be a less risker choice than Bill Maher, considering some of the views Maher has held. I'll also say this, while Trump has no government experience, he's had a lot of experience in business and in dealing with politicians. 

The government isn't a fucking enterprise. 

You're all retarded. 

Yes. Yes. This.

It's sickening. 

!!!! 

Yes to ALL of this. This is exactly what these people have morphed into. It's disgusting.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-record-low-approval-100-days-polls-article-1.3091231

Trump has record-low approval in two first 100 days polls

BY  JASON SILVERSTEIN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Updated: Sunday, April 23, 2017, 10:07 AM

imagejpeg

President Trump’s voters still love him after 100 days.

The rest of America — nope.

Two polls put out Sunday show that Trump will mark his 100th day in office with the lowest approval rating in both surveys since they began decades ago.

Voters who supported him on Election Day, though, are still nearly universal in their approval.

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll of 1,004 people shows Trump will finish his first 100 days with a whopping 53% overall disapproval rating. His approval rating is 42%.

Both numbers are the worst first 100 days score of any President since that poll started keeping track in 1945 with Harry Truman.

Since then, no other President has seen such a low approval rating — all but Gerald Ford had at least 50% approval. Meanwhile, even the most scorned President in his first 100 days — Bill Clinton — only saw 39% disapproval.

The average score for the first 100 days is 69% approval and 19% disapproval, the survey says.

The survey said about 60% of people see Trump as out of touch and doubt his honesty and trustworthiness. Fifty-six percent said he has accomplished little so far as President.

A new NBC News/ Wall Street Journal had the majority of respondents — 45% — say Trump is off to a “poor start.” That’s more than the combined percentage of people who said he is off to a “great start” (14%) or a “good start” (21%).

Nineteen percent of the 900 respondents said Trump had “only a fair start.”

Trump’s overall approval rating in the NBC/WSJ poll stands at 40% — the lowest in the survey’s history. Former President Barack Obama, after his first 100 days, saw 61% approval in the same survey, while George W. Bush and Bill Clinton both earned more than 50% support in the same time.

Trump’s only bright spot as the 100th day nears is that those who loved him during the campaign still love him in office — so much so that, in a re-do election, Trump might even win his much-coveted popular vote.

The ABC/WaPo poll shows 96% of people who voted for Trump still support him, while only 85% of voters for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton said they’d hand her another hypothetical vote. The survey says that, if the two faced off again, Trump would win 43% of general voters and Clinton would win 40%.

Despite winning the electoral vote, Trump lost the popular vote to Clinton by nearly three million votes — something he has obsessed about even in the Oval Office. He called for an investigation into baseless claims of mass voter fraud and, as of last week, is still tweeting about his Election Day upset.

The NBC/WSJ survey showed Trump still sees his largest net support from his voters (85%), as well as Republicans (69%).

Trump entered office with the lowest approval rating of any incoming President and has consistently struggled in his first 100 days with poor marks, rarely earning approval from more than half of the country. His numbers have been so low that Trump on Twitter recently celebrated one poll that showed him with 50% support — and it came from Rasmussen, a notoriously unreliable outlet that Trump often cites.

The government isn't a fucking enterprise. 

You're all retarded. 

You misunderstood me. I was saying that people who voted for him viewed him having business experience as being a substitute for political experience, rather than viewing him as having no experience. I agree that that government isn't an enterprise, but time and time again during the election all these voters were saying that his business qualifications made him qualified to deal with the economy, and to make deals with the politicians and other nations.

alot of people that voted for him are the "deplorables" people in the mid west that were once middle class in the 90s mid 2000s but lost their jobs due to a changing economy. they have been neglected for years some voting democrat their entire life. but trump Marketed himself as a person who had their back (Marketing Genius) as sad as it sounds those jobs are  NOT going to come back. in the next 20 years those min wage jobs will be automated , he gave them hope unlike clinton lol 

LONG LIVE EMPEROR TRUMP!!!!

alot of people that voted for him are the "deplorables" people in the mid west that were once middle class in the 90s mid 2000s but lost their jobs due to a changing economy. they have been neglected for years some voting democrat their entire life. but trump Marketed himself as a person who had their back (Marketing Genius) as sad as it sounds those jobs are  NOT going to come back. in the next 20 years those min wage jobs will be automated , he gave them hope unlike clinton lol 

LONG LIVE EMPEROR TRUMP!!!!

Hope? Sounds like the Obama campaign slogan. 

Um..and like all the bullshit artists another one WILL come along (once those deplorable idiots who voted for Trump see how much he scammed them 10x more than Obama!). Next one will simply be a new face and voice, more glossed up and 'connect' in the same way w/ the same people as Dump, Obama, Bill and Reagan did! Thats always been and will always be the key to winning an election. Trump was the biggest con of em all but was STILL better a better candidate far as connecting or at least friggin trying lol. While she was resting all summer in the Hamptons as all her e-mails were getting dumped daily. Dems have no choice but to go full on Bernie-esque and drop all the Hillarys and Hillary/Obama lights (Booker, Gillebrand, etc etc..zzz) Or also pick a total outsider. Thats what the entire world is wanting now in their leaders. Dems and the GOP loathe the idea but they have no choice. 

:megamanson:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/president-trump-brags-drawing-highest-ratings-9-11-article-1.3095085

President Trump brags about drawing highest ratings since 9/11

BY  MEERA JAGANNATHAN 

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, April 24, 2017, 1:26 PM

imagejpeg

President Trump bragged in a new interview that he’d drawn CBS higher ratings than the calamitous terror attack that killed almost 3,000 people in his home city.

That’s right: Trump invoked the 9/11 suicide bombings to boast about his own ratings on “Face the Nation” — a program he derided as “Deface the Nation” — in a wide-ranging talk with the Associated Press published Sunday.

“No I have, it’s interesting, I have, seem to get very high ratings ... You know Chris Wallace had 9.2 million people, it’s the highest in the history of the show. I have all the ratings for all those morning shows,” Trump said in the Friday interview.

“When I go, they go double, triple. Chris Wallace, look back during the Army-Navy football game, I did his show that morning ... It had 9.2 million people. It’s the highest they’ve ever had.”

Then, somehow, the interview got worse.

“On any, on air, (‘Face the Nation’ host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It’s the highest for ‘Face the Nation’ or as I call it, ‘Deface the Nation,’” Trump said. “It’s the highest for ‘Deface the Nation’ since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It’s a tremendous advantage.”

Trump’s Jan. 3 “Face the Nation” interview actually drew 4.6 million viewers, according to TVNewser, a figure the POTUS tweeted out a week later. The site notes it was the show’s biggest audience since Sept. 16, 2001.

His remarks to the AP drew immediate condemnation, including from critic-in-chief Chelsea Clinton.

“Trump repeatedly lies. What's more viscerally upsetting? His bragging toward the end about his higher TV ratings than after the 9/11 attacks,” the former First Daughter tweeted.

Renowned Harvard constitutional lawyer Laurence Tribe summoned up the 25th Amendment, which in part cedes authority to the Vice President in case a President is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

“Using 9/11 as baseline to measure the magnitude of his TV ratings shows how mentally ill Trump truly is,” Tribe tweeted. “See 25th Amendment, Sec. 4.”

The same day that interview dropped, the Washington Post reported the “Celebrity Apprentice” host turned President refuses to fire Press Secretary Sean Spicer because he “gets great ratings.”

Um..and like all the bullshit artists another one WILL come along (once those deplorable idiots who voted for Trump see how much he scammed them 10x more than Obama!). Next one will simply be a new face and voice, more glossed up and 'connect' in the same way w/ the same people as Dump, Obama, Bill and Reagan did! Thats always been and will always be the key to winning an election. Trump was the biggest con of em all but was STILL better a better candidate far as connecting or at least friggin trying lol. While she was resting all summer in the Hamptons as all her e-mails were getting dumped daily. Dems have no choice but to go full on Bernie-esque and drop all the Hillarys and Hillary/Obama lights (Booker, Gillebrand, etc etc..zzz) Or also pick a total outsider. Thats what the entire world is wanting now in their leaders. Dems and the GOP loathe the idea but they have no choice. 

I agree with this to some extent. I was fanning for Booker in 2020 but now I'm not so sure. An outsider would be the Dems best bet to counter this madman. And if they think Warren is their savior, they're in for a rude awaking and another electoral embarrassment. 

I think it'd be really something if Mark Cuban ran. Good god the debates between him and Trump. Can you imagine?!

I agree with this to some extent. I was fanning for Booker in 2020 but now I'm not so sure. An outsider would be the Dems best bet to counter this madman. And if they think Warren is their savior, they're in for a rude awaking and another electoral embarrassment. 

I think it'd be really something if Mark Cuban ran. Good god the debates between him and Trump. Can you imagine?!

Fully agree with you about Warren and esp Booker now. Initially I thought it would be all about Warren in 2020 but not anymore. Booker started off very promising but he's turning out to be the same old same old talking points and shtick that we've seen before. Again...Obama lite. Dems need a non divisive person which Warren absolutely is. Plus, she is NOT well liked by a lot of people even within her own party. The GOP despises her so...yeah, even though I do think she's got the fire like a dragon and as of now wants to positively run, do not think she's the one esp for those crucial parts of the country. With you on a Marc Cuban, or a Howard Schultz. There's many people but needs to be someone 200% non Clinton and as clean and non stale as possible.