Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

I am finding it very difficult to deal with Trump at the moment.   I think he wants a world war.  He likes strutting the world stage and has no diplomacy, restraint or ethics.  He is a loose cannon

Scary times indeed

And what better way to carry out the globalists' deed than through a narcissistic, fragile, egomaniac man-child like Trump. Historical figures like Hitler had very similar weaknesses, personality and MO

Watch out for Ivanka's evil husband Jared Kushner whispering into his father in law's ears. A friend of Netanyahu and his appalling Nazi-esque policies and attitude. Says it all. But then so-called anti-establishment Trump is a Zionist of the first order. Plus the Jesuit education background. Two elements complimentary to each other. Zionism and Judaism being VERY different things of course

Thank you twats for allowing this moron to ruin you in your insular Disunited States of Asinine and ruining the rest of the world, it is thanks to your ill-informed fucked up vote that we are witnessing the beginning of a tragic end for human kind. Where are the stupid Trump supporters now, huh? As imbecile as Brexiters and all right-wing idiots in Europe.

Were there really a bunch of Trump supporters here that have gone silent?  Gross.  Talk about flop gays and flop Madonna fans.  Cognitive dissonance anyone? 

We Trump supporters work so we can't be on this arguing  24/7.

Riiiiiiight.  From the anti Trump supporter here who works 55 to 60 hrs a week.  Nice try though.

I agree. Where are they all? They were so vocal, now they don't even log anymore. They probably hide in their basement, waiting for their mom to cook their meal and do their laundry. 

We Trump supporters work so we can't be on this arguing  24/7.

Typical talking point from the other side. I guess the Tea Party protesters are all back to work now that their Papa Bear has his fat ass in the Oval Office. 

Quite telling that the first time in months a Trump "supporter" shows his face, it's a snide, snarky, comment that isn't based in reality. Oh wait, that's bafically the definition of Trumpism, isn't? 

I have two theories as to why Trump supporters have stopped posting in defense of their orange leader:

1) They never really supported him and were just trolling. 

2) Their hatred of Clinton clouded any kind of sound judgement they had and they're mortified by what this administration is doing. I mean, you can't come up with any kind of logical defense without sounding as batshit as Trump does. 

Either way, to borrow one of my favorite Madonna quotes: "Rather transparent, wouldn't you say?" 

The Democratic Party needs to focus more on building talent within the party, instead of focusing on celebrities. I feel they're very reactive at the moment when they need a more proactive strategy to regain voters. The presidency is a small part and over the past 8 years the Democrats have been pretty negligible in helping elect Democrats on local and state levels.

The Democratic Party needs to focus more on building talent within the party, instead of focusing on celebrities. I feel they're very reactive at the moment when they need a more proactive strategy to regain voters. The presidency is a small part and over the past 8 years the Democrats have been pretty negligible in helping elect Democrats on local and state levels.

The decimation of the democrats on a local level, in my opinion, will be looked at as the biggest stain of Obama's legacy. At least from a national standpoint. I will never understand the complacency and outright laziness to build the party up from the grassroots. Debbie Wassserman Shultz bares the burden of this as well. The fact that she was allowed to keep her job as head of the DNC for as long as she did is just absolutely criminal on every single level. History will not judge her well.

The decimation of the democrats on a local level, in my opinion, will be looked at as the biggest stain of Obama's legacy. At least from a national standpoint. I will never understand the complacency and outright laziness to build the party up from the grassroots. Debbie Wassserman Shultz bares the burden of this as well. The fact that she was allowed to keep her job as head of the DNC for as long as she did is just absolutely criminal on every single level. History will not judge her well.

Tim Kaine also oversaw the massive 2010 midterm defeat when he was DNC chair at the time. Obama also had the opportunity to get rid of Debbie, but decided against it because it would be too much drama. People were so busy talking about the division in the Republican Party, that they ignored that massive electoral problems the Democrats have because they thought the electoral demographic advantage would be enough to take care of it.

Even if Hilary won there would be a war. 

At least I would feel better knowing Hillary and whoever she surrounded herself with would be way more competent about it though unlike Dump and his crowd of buffoons setting off bombs and missiles simply as theater and to distract from their crumbling administration. 

Clinton is too corporate for my taste thats why the  DNC lost to Emperor Trump aka  the least favorable candidate  of all time 

At least I would feel better knowing Hillary and whoever she surrounded herself with would be way more competent about it though unlike Dump and his crowd of buffoons setting off bombs and missiles simply as theater and to distract from their crumbling administration. 

War is war. It's never good. 

Even if Hilary won there would be a war. 

Wasn't  this the argument for Trumpsters who voted for him.  The hypocrisy of it all. 

Let's not give excuses for Trump, he is the president, not Hilary.  He is making the decisions, not Hilary. 

There will be a war, and it will be with North Korea.

‘Sword stands ready’: Pence vows ‘overwhelming & effective’ response to N. Korean attacks

US Vice President Mike Pence has issued a fresh warning to North Korea, saying that Washington will counter any potential attack with an “overwhelming and effective” response.

Speaking from the deck of the aircraft carrier ‘USS Ronald Reagan’, docked in Yokosuka, Japan, Pence told 2,500 American sailors that North Korea is “the most dangerous and urgent threat to peace and security in the Asia-Pacific.”

“The United States of America will always seek peace, but under President Trump, the shield stands guard and the sword stands ready,” he said, as quoted by AP.

He went on to vow that the US would “defeat any attack and meet any use of conventional or nuclear weapons with an overwhelming and effective American response.”

Pence also said that North Korea’s latest failed missile launch was a reckless act of provocation, and assured Asian allies that the Washington is ready to work to achieve a peaceful denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The VP noted the Trump administration will “work diligently” with allies, including Japan and China, in order to apply economic and diplomatic pressure on Pyongyang. However, he told the sailors that “readiness is the key.”

He also said the US will honor its alliance with Pacific Rim nations to protect freedom of navigation in the disputed South China Sea – most of which Beijing lays claim to, despite conflicting claims from other Asian nations.

The comments were made during Pence's 10-day trip to the Asia-Pacific region, which includes South Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Australia.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis simultaneously denounced North Korea's latest missile launch attempt during his Middle East tour, telling reporters in Saudi Arabia that “the leader of North Korea again recklessly tried to provoke something by launching a missile.”

Although Mattis did not identify the type of missile, he said it was not of intercontinental range, meaning it could not reach US territory. However, an official told AP on condition of anonymity that the missile was a Scud variety which the US calls a KN-17.

Mattis also did not comment on what might have caused the missile to fail.

The defense secretary credited China with trying to help get the North Korean situation “under control,” with the goal of denuclearizing the peninsula.

As part of his hardline stance against North Korea, Trump announced last week that he had sent an “armada” as a warning to Pyongyang.

For its part, North Korea has accused the US of disturbing global peace and stability by using “gangster-like logic” which may result in a nuclear breaking out on the Korean Peninsula “at any moment.” 

https://www.rt.com/news/385293-pence-north-korea-attacks/

Wasn't  this the argument for Trumpsters who voted for him.  The hypocrisy of it all. 

Let's not give excuses for Trump, he is the president, not Hilary.  He is making the decisions, not Hilary. 

Actually he isn't the one making the decisions. Presidents are controlled by other people. They are just the face of it all. War would have been coming even if Hilary was President. That's just the way things are.

War would have happened no matter who the president is. If Mother Teresa was president there would still be a war.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Donald Trump is responsible for what's going on in the world. If you think that what's happening globally has got nothing to do with the current US administration/president there's not point discussing it then.

Actually he isn't the one making the decisions. Presidents are controlled by other people. They are just the face of it all. War would have been coming even if Hilary was President. That's just the way things are.

I'm sick of this illuminati mentality saying that the powerful are controlled by higher forces. So effing what? They're in charge in front of our eyes. If someone else is pulling the strings it's their prerogative. They're responsible for it and they have to be held accountable. It's their choice after all. If I had a gun held to my head while I'm forced to press buttons to activate the atomic bomb I would say shoot me. Yes they do make all the important decisions and even if they're controlled they chose to be controlled.

i really can't with some people... 

Geezus the Dems just keep barely losing elections (not only the presidency but what just happened in GA and KS) in almost the same strange, cock teasing front loaded way (candidate gets all the hype, money, apparent momentum, leads initially then abruptly deflates at the end :/). They need a damn win already! lol Even if they're in 'red' states, areas etc...we need more than judicial loses, Bill O Reilly getting fired :D , Flynn getting fired, low poll numbers, media bashing, corruption. lies, protests, resistance etc etc...What's the point if the party of this fat cheeto keeps f'king winning everywhere like they are?! Past the point of insanity how people aren't coming out in mass (Dems, Independents, moderate Repubs etc..) to make 'some' kind of statement against this cabinet from the seediest corner of hell. 

Geezus the Dems just keep barely losing elections (not only the presidency but what just happened in GA and KS) in almost the same strange, cock teasing front loaded way (candidate gets all the hype, money, apparent momentum, leads initially then abruptly deflates at the end :/). They need a damn win already! lol Even if they're in 'red' states, areas etc...we need more than judicial loses, Bill O Reilly getting fired :D , Flynn getting fired, low poll numbers, media bashing, corruption. lies, protests, resistance etc etc...What's the point if the party of this fat cheeto keeps f'king winning everywhere like they are?! Past the point of insanity how people aren't coming out in mass (Dems, Independents, moderate Repubs etc..) to make 'some' kind of statement against this cabinet from the seediest corner of hell. 

In an otherwise normal turnout model Ossoff would have won outright with the type of Democratic turnout he received, but the abnormally high turnout across the board for a blanket primary shows that Trump's base is still just as enthusiastic about him as ever.  They blasted Trump robocalls all through that district and it worked to get Republican voters to the polls for an election they wouldn't have given a fuck about in normal times, that's the real takeaway.  His supporters haven't wavered in their loyalty, they're ready to do whatever he tells them.  

In an otherwise normal turnout model Ossoff would have won outright with the type of Democratic turnout he received, but the abnormally high turnout across the board for a blanket primary shows that Trump's base is still just as enthusiastic about him as ever.  They blasted Trump robocalls all through that district and it worked to get Republican voters to the polls for an election they wouldn't have given a fuck about in normal times, that's the real takeaway.  His supporters haven't wavered in their loyalty, they're ready to do whatever he tells them.  

But the most 'Trump like candidates' didn't do that well last night. The woman who won is a long time establishment kind of anti/indifferent towards Trump. As purple-ish it's gotten in certain areas and highly educated it's still a VERY Republican district. I think that last town that was called (Fulton?) is actually her home town and where she pulled it out (or I should say what brough Ossoff down from 50% ish to 48).  Problem is that the totals for all Republicans were still ahead of the Dems, It's 50/50 now for him at the best. Word is though that woman has lost many elections before and is seen as a stale candidate unlike Osoff. Again...50/50 but won't be easy. 

But the most 'Trump like candidates' didn't do that well last night. The woman who won is a long time establishment kind of anti/indifferent towards Trump. As purple-ish it's gotten in certain areas and highly educated it's still a VERY Republican district. I think that last town that was called (Fulton?) is actually her home town and where she pulled it out (or I should say what brough Ossoff down from 50% ish to 48).  Problem is that the totals for all Republicans were still ahead of the Dems, It's 50/50 now for him at the best. Word is though that woman has lost many elections before and is seen as a stale candidate unlike Osoff. Again...50/50 but won't be easy. 

Handel's Michele Bachman-esque persona isn't really incompatible with Trumpist fervor for the same reasons that he's the most popular politician among evangelical America in decades (or that his "anti-establishment" fans don't care how much he congeals to generic Republican politics, for that matter).  Perhaps if he had endorsed a specific candidate other than her things would have shifted overall, but in his general "get out and stop the Democrats from stealing this seat" message, it's pretty easy to see why she might reap the benefit of that enthusiasm boost given her party hack power-base in the party machinery of the Georgia Republicans after her past electoral attempts.  She's also spent today talking about her hopes that he'll campaign alongside her in the district, so they'll be completely on the same page now.  

Democratic votes combining to 49% of the vote for a seat that Tom Price won by 61.7% to his Democratic opponent's 38.3% in 2016 is still a notable shift.  While the fever-pitch Democratic enthusiasm isn't likely to abate in the next few months (could even intensify), and it shouldn't be a problem for Ossoff to get the <1% from the other Democratic candidates, it remains to be seen whether Handel can completely consolidate the Republican vote from her 19.8% starting point, whether there may be some weak spot to be exploited where Republican turnout could be depressed by June.  The aftershocks of the ongoing Trump presidency could even change the whole nature of things by June 20th.  

There will be lots of fearmongering to come about noted dangerous ISIS caliph Ossoff no matter what happens

Trump needs to die already. 

That's what one of my friends was saying the other day. Asking what the fuck is taking someone so long to bump him off? Lol

We all know they/the GOP absolutely positively f'king wants Pence as Pres. like 3 months ago! lol. As repulsive as things are perhaps the GOP are being strategic with how they boot him. I'm barely 50/50 with this being all about how things look in/around the midterms. Unsure he'll even make it that long. He's an explosive ready to go off 24/7. This garbage is NOT changing. The entire pattern is beyond predictable and stale as shit. This whole thing reeks from not if but WHEN something Access Hollywood style somehow 'leaks' and it forces the GOP to dump him. If..small if the Dems take the House next year forget it! lol Watergate, Lewinsky-gate etc etc...x 1000.