Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

Today's headline on NPR :lmao:

Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete'

I think I hate everyone. All you faggots for blindly supporting Hillary 3 years before the election ever even started and all you Trumpsters for literally ignoring every single fact. LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FACT. Nothing mattered. 

Oh, but whatever Trumpsters, just go shopping, go to Wal-Mart, go have your fucking 3,500 calories in a single meal, while a huge percentage of the world is malnourished and 20 million people are at risk of starving to death, go call you dealer and buy your drugs. Live in your ignorant American obese bubble, while this monster further destabilizes the world. Oh, it was the lettuce picking Mexicans who were the problem. Or, OMG WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE EMAILS!?!?!??!?!  :lmao:

America's the fucking worst. Just fucking collapse already and make room for China. 

Today's headline on NPR :lmao:

Trump, In A 180-Degree Switch, Says NATO 'No Longer Obsolete'

I think I hate everyone. All you faggots for blindly supporting Hillary 3 years before the election ever even started and all you Trumpsters for literally ignoring every single fact. LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE FUCKING FACT. Nothing mattered. 

Oh, but whatever Trumpsters, just go shopping, go to Wal-Mart, go have your fucking 3,500 calories in a single meal, while a huge percentage of the world is malnourished and 20 million people are at risk of starving to death, go call you dealer and buy your drugs. Live in your ignorant American obese bubble, while this monster further destabilizes the world. Oh, it was the lettuce picking Mexicans who were the problem. Or, OMG WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE EMAILS!?!?!??!?!  :lmao:

America's the fucking worst. Just fucking collapse already and make room for China. 

my body is ready for that!!!

US media, educated 'pundits' etc... are equally as semi retarded as most its citizens or just have severe ADD like Trump 'cause now many...too many are ass munching him now 'cause (like the speech to Congress months ago when he acted semi normal/refrained for 12 minutes) he's doing some 'conventional' traditional etc..Republican things. :wacko: Christ. Beyond 'low bar' and pathetic. This man is a clueless erratic IMBECILE..period! Severe narcissist with zero attention span and soul. I think there's seriously more mental issues (possible dementia etc..) here than we even realize tbh!

Did the media and most Americans forget all the epic fear and damage he created for 2 f'king years?! Oh..the little boy learned his lesson in time out and has behaved for 20 minutes so he's 'contained now' lmao.  I've said if before but the US and the media deserve the worldwide bashing their getting and will continue to get. Basically only Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O Donnell and a handful others deserve any kind of mega props for keeping their eye on the prize versus being opportunist sellout skunks.

After the women's march, 'resistance' etc...that Ossoff guy in GA better win BIG next Tuesday or I'm done. 

This whole thing just REEKS of bullshit.

Yay! Let's be so manly and macho and drop the biggest fucking bomb we can find and drop it into some mountainous region in Afghanistan to get those "evil-doers"

He's truly a man-child who's discovered this massive toy box and is giddy to use it at any given chance. This is the type of alpha male shit that his supporters will lap up like crazy. 

This whole thing just REEKS of bullshit.

Yay! Let's be so manly and macho and drop the biggest fucking bomb we can find and drop it into some mountainous region in Afghanistan to get those "evil-doers"

He's truly a man-child who's discovered this massive toy box and is giddy to use it at any given chance. This is the type of alpha male shit that his supporters will lap up like crazy. 

Of course, absolutely

The problem sadly though is not just Trump, if that were the case it would be a cause for celebration because once he goes so would the problems cease to exist, anything but, the legacy of violence we have in the world today has been accumulated and carefully engineered over a long period of time, and with the full avail of the only real superpower in the World, the de facto above the law corporation onto its own called the Vatican. 

The problem is America (First) 's mendacious foreign policy as a whole, the world has a real problem. When lies become the truth and that manufactured truth is utilized to wage war on the weakest while you're enslaving your own citizens at home and have been given free reign to do so for decades.

That goes for the Western world in general of course but in Europe people are a bit more disillusioned and aware, and not in a Britney Spears kind of humourless trance "well if the President said so, if cable TV says so etc" with the addition of world affairs reduced to a John Wayne movie of good guys vs bad guys, the axis of evil and other similar rethorical fables.

Unfortunately many among the American public truly believe in American exceptionalism and a God given call to patrol the rest of the world and tend to fall prey of that tedious, sanctimonious Children Of God sermons we have just seen recently yet again. The injustices perpetrated with Vietnam were nothing compared to what's been unleashed in the Middle East post 9/11

9/11 being that "catalyst event, like a New Pearl Harbour"  (SIC) that the people who are behind all of this advocated in that September 2000 document titled Project For A New American Century that former US General Wesley Clark discussed at length in public many times. The people that produced that document served in both Republican and Democrat Administrations alike and that is the crux of the matter, the real elephant in the room

Ask most people both in Europe and in North America what is the petrodollar system, what is the Gold standard, the origins of the Federal Reserve, how central banking works in general and whose purposes and what groups of interests it truly serves, the difference between Sunni and Shiite Muslims, how the Arab world is not one indiscriminate whole, how is it conceivable and plausible that a group of violent people can get hold of elaborate and costly weapons and mantain control for years, seemingly unstoppable by forces of the calibre of the US military, what is Wahabism, the difference between Gulf countries and countries like Syria, Libya and Iran, why did American elites of any political colour put so much money and control into the hands of Saddam, Gaddafi, Assad etc only to then suddenly wake up one day and find their conduct questionable, what is the US Military Industrial Complex, this is something that every American administration has done, under strict CIA supervision, ever since WW2 ended and they got rid of the only President who wouldn't play along with the BS, the posturing and the hidden agenda

If someone is not even minimally aware of those issues, chances are they're not going to be able to get what Syria has been truly about for the past six years and have a meaningful conversation about it that doesn't limit itself into "remove the bad guy" parroting contextless territory.

There was no question the US Military Complex was going to have their war by proxy with Russia, Clinton or Trump in the WH, obviously his narcissism and childishness are huge advantages for the people that actually shape Western policies, far above and beyond the distinction between two main political parties contending the electorate preference, in the US or anywhere else in the world for that matter. See the curious complete U-turn on NATO of the past few hours. People really think he changed his mind because of the unverified and uninvestigated chemical attack to which he answered illegally under international law, a mere 48 hours later? It was planned and choreographed from the start

US media, educated 'pundits' etc... are equally as semi retarded as most its citizens or just have severe ADD like Trump 'cause now many...too many are ass munching him now 'cause (like the speech to Congress months ago when he acted semi normal/refrained for 12 minutes) he's doing some 'conventional' traditional etc..Republican things. :wacko: Christ. Beyond 'low bar' and pathetic. This man is a clueless erratic IMBECILE..period! Severe narcissist with zero attention span and soul. I think there's seriously more mental issues (possible dementia etc..) here than we even realize tbh!

Did the media and most Americans forget all the epic fear and damage he created for 2 f'king years?! Oh..the little boy learned his lesson in time out and has behaved for 20 minutes so he's 'contained now' lmao.  I've said if before but the US and the media deserve the worldwide bashing their getting and will continue to get. Basically only Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O Donnell and a handful others deserve any kind of mega props for keeping their eye on the prize versus being opportunist sellout skunks.

After the women's march, 'resistance' etc...that Ossoff guy in GA better win BIG next Tuesday or I'm done. 

:thumbsup:

Rather transparent wouldn't you say?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39591032

Trump reverses course in 24 hours from Nato to China to Fed

1492029124624.jpeg

US President Donald Trump has reversed course in the space of 24 hours on an array of populist positions he adopted during the election campaign. He declared Nato was "no longer obsolete" and dropped his pledge to declare China a currency manipulator. Mr Trump also said he was no longer opposed to a federal exports agency he once dismissed as "unnecessary". And the president signalled he was open to reappointing Janet Yellen as head of the Federal Reserve.

Meanwhile, his administration dropped a freeze on federal hiring that it imposed in January. The about-faces suggest the mercurial Mr Trump may be favouring a more pragmatic, moderate approach to the hardline economic nationalism that helped elect him.

The startling series of flip-flops come amid reports of a titanic White House power struggle between chief strategist Steve Bannon and senior adviser Jared Kushner. According to the Washington rumour mill, Mr Bannon - the former Breitbart News executive - has been sidelined after falling out with the president's son-in-law, Mr Kushner.

China no longer a currency manipulator

Mr Trump's decision not to label China a "currency manipulator" emerged in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday. That U-turn follows his talks last week with Chinese President Xi Jinping. Mr Trump repeatedly pledged to label Beijing a "currency manipulator" on his first day in office, during an election campaign when he also accused the Asian powerhouse of "raping" the US.

But experts said a formal declaration to that effect by the Treasury Department could have led to US sanctions, which would have prompted retaliation from Beijing.

Trump now 'respects' Fed chairwoman

Mr Trump's last campaign ad depicted Janet Yellen, head of the Federal Reserve, as a member of a shadowy globalist cabal "who control the levers of power in Washington". On Wednesday, he told the Wall Street Journal he "respects" the US central bank chief. He also indicated he might consider reappointing her next year, saying she would not be "toast". Mr Trump was once highly critical of the Fed, saying its low interest rate policy had hurt savers. Now he says he likes "a low-interest rate policy".

Now a fan of Nato

Mr Trump repeatedly questioned the military alliance's purpose during the campaign. But as he hosted Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg at the White House on Wednesday, the US president said the threat of terrorism had underlined the alliance's importance. "I said it [Nato] was obsolete," Mr Trump said. "It's no longer obsolete."

Curious how it took a mere 48 hours for NATO not to be obsolete anymore!  As if

And still many will leap all of this pile of steamy BS up

Pragmatic Approach  =   I Must Obey Orders =  Pat on the back

Bet they all came when he launched those 59 Tomawhaks without prior international agreement or conclusive and incontrovertible evidence that attack was real and not some expedient and pretext to carry out the deed to the intended goal from the very start

I've said it from the start that his entering the arena was one huge pre planned distraction and brought a reality TV/escapism touch to the whole thing, thus hindering a more profound discussion on extremely important issues that are purposefully and constantly being sidelined

Thing is with the Syrian and North Korean situation Trump needs all the help he can get. His America First rethorics which were embraced and supported by US nationalists and racists won't work in the face of a nuclear war with North Korea. He needs all the help he can get starting from China for example. 

Saying that there's no way a little country like North Korea can take over the mighty and powerful USA but that's not the point. I think it's the audacity of it and a man like Trump won't deal with that sort of provocations. All the previous US administrations dealt with the North Korea problem with much less fanfare and not paying much attention to it. The North Koreans have been testing bombs for decades now but so have other countries. Britain comes to mind but they managed to keep it all quite with much less outrage. 

If I was Trump I would just meet Kim Jong-un in China and discuss what the problem really is. Certainly the US has no interest in attacking or bombing North Korea. It is all stupid to be honest and it can all be resolved with a nice talk and a hand shake. 

Russia is more problematic. Of course there is a conflict of interests that cannot and won't be resolved so easily. First the US needs to have Russia on board with the Syrian situation. Then again I truly cannot nolonger comment on the Syrian war or wars in this case. Seems like a big mess and if the leaders of these groups or organisations cannot make an effort to cease fire and try to start a dialogue the situation will never be solved. 

Truth is Trump is not suitable to lead America in these times. If his only response is to drop bombs or stay hostile he will create more enemies for the US. Peace and peace alone will stop these wars... just saying.

Looks the 'tax march' is flopping :/ lol. Not at all surprised the 'grassroots' are getting complacent/lazy and back to smoking weed or back in their bubbles watching Gaga, Drake and Taylor on their iPhones. Don't think that guy is gonna win in GA on Tues (get anywhere close to 50% I should say). Even many liberals are starting to say that now. I think the Kansas loss (even w/ it being close) was possibly a more important election to keep the momentum. So what the hell was the point of the women's march? Bunch of lazy, hyper dramatic millennials with attention spans of 3 second lmao.

At least the Repubs do not play, stay mobilized and make SURE they come out and vote. Gut is telling me 2009/Tea Party will be more effective than what's happening now and into 2018 unless something *really crazy happens with Trump. Hope the Dems are purposely conserving the best, dirtiest shit on him for the right time (2018). Disturbing that all he needs to do is stay 'contained' and act semi stable for a few weeks for people and the media to forget. 

I didn't even know about a tax March.  People came from all across the country for the woman's March.  People can't afford to do that every few months.

I didn't even know about a tax March.  People came from all across the country for the woman's March.  People can't afford to do that every few months.

True esp about the cost factor. I myself only heard about this just w/in the last week. I mean people came from all over the country and world which is why we got those crowds. But..that was the DAY after he got elected so of course you'd see people protesting. But that was just a moment. Means squat if all these 'angry pissed off people' do NOT vote lol Again, no more than a Woodstock style gathering. What's the point and end result if Trump and the GOP keep getting elected.

I get Kansas lol but there's NO reason for Ossoff to not easily get that 50% in a district like that. Again Trump only won it by 1%. It's a very educated, white collarish, progressive area,. Not at all saying its NYC, Seattle, Chicago etc...lol but it's do-able enough for the Dems to make their point. Anyway word is the march for Earth Day and an upcoming LGBT march in DC are gonna be very big and I think are getting more hype/buzz. 

I am finding it very difficult to deal with Trump at the moment.   I think he wants a world war.  He likes strutting the world stage and has no diplomacy, restraint or ethics.  He is a loose cannon. 

I am finding it very difficult to deal with Trump at the moment.   I think he wants a world war.  He likes strutting the world stage and has no diplomacy, restraint or ethics.  He is a loose cannon. 

This is frightening.

http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

Back down to 39% on Gallup (even with his week or so of acting 'Reagan-esque sane and steady' lmfao)!! Fuq some..actually too many in the media and pundits who have been sucking his saggy stinky wrinkled tangerine since the strikes. Again, Maddow and a small select few are the Queens of Life right now! Garbage president. 

Of course he wants a war.....but I think he wants to hold off until closer to 2020. He'll do it around time to start campaigning so America will be in one of it's "patriotic" phases similar to '04. I don't think Americans like to change leaders in the midst of a war. That will be the perfect time for him to scare people into voting for him again.

Considering what's gone on these past couple of weeks, it seems like the intense hatred towards him has cooled somewhat from a couple months ago. That's not good. That just means this is now all starting to become "normal". Wasn't one of the reasons why so many people hated Hillary was because she's a "war monger"? Where's the outrage from the Dumpsters over his actions these past two weeks? 

Of course he wants a war.....but I think he wants to hold off until closer to 2020. He'll do it around time to start campaigning so America will be in one of it's "patriotic" phases similar to '04. I don't think Americans like to change leaders in the midst of a war. That will be the perfect time for him to scare people into voting for him again.

Considering what's gone on these past couple of weeks, it seems like the intense hatred towards him has cooled somewhat from a couple months ago. That's not good. That just means this is now all starting to become "normal". Wasn't one of the reasons why so many people hated Hillary was because she's a "war monger"? Where's the outrage from the Dumpsters over his actions these past two weeks? 

Kind of agree but look at the Gallup. He's an erratic fuckbag humping at 100 mph! Yes, as *usual for hot minute I do think his 'actions' have actually semi helped him with more traditional Repubs and moderates but he's def losing his core base. Everything is cancelling itself out Lol! His head all over the globe..actually planets. You really truly think his marbles won't scatter all over the place any moment in the middle of the night like f'king Joan Crawford?! Just when NOT if! Wait till the TRUE war we're all looking forward to starts (after he fires BANNON) :D 

He's turning into a George W. Bush clone with a zesty sprinkling of Nixon and everyone's saying it's a real relief and better than the alternatives, that just says it all really.  

I don't think the hatred for him has receded. I just think the overwhelming level of incompetence, corruption, chaos, and dysfunction is too much to keep up with. We can't keep screaming over every shitty, stupid, or batshit crazy thing they say or do. Every day is a fresh horror from this administration and I've just settled on the fact that this is just the way it's going to be until 2018. Unless, of course, there's some bombshell that drops prior to that. Which I don't think is going to happen to be honest. 

But I'm no less motivated than I was on January 20th. If anything, I'm becoming more involved and determined. As are many of my progressive friends. 

As for the Georgia election, I too am skeptical of this Osoff guy winning outright. And I'm really skeptical if he goes into a runoff. IF he wins outright, then I think that's pretty indictive of a wave next year. If he wins the runoff, even by a point or two, then republicans across the country will begin jumping off of the Trump train in droves. 

Remember, it's part of the authoritarian/fascist strategy to overwhelm the mind with lies, stupidity, irrationality, propaganda, distractions, etc. Sooner than you think, the mind no longer feels like resisting, often simply due to sheer exhaustion. There's only so much a mind can take on a daily basis. Then comes the 'normalizing' of it all.

It's deliberate...

Remember, it's part of the authoritarian/fascist strategy to overwhelm the mind with lies, stupidity, irrationality, propaganda, distractions, etc. Sooner than you think, the mind no longer feels like resisting, often simply due to sheer exhaustion. There's only so much a mind can take on a daily basis. Then comes the 'normalizing' of it all.

It's deliberate...

And America is the perfect place/target in the western world to allow that very thing to happen! I semi get 'why' people maybe voted for him during the election. But now ANYone who actually still loves Trump is okay with a fascist. Places like the UK, Canada etc...this wouldn't be acceptable, 

Yeah there just ain't shit anyone could do until 2018. 2017 is 2016s little ugly sibling.  It's a year to just sit through and wait out. Even if something were to happen to Trump, we get Pence (separate but equal horror show). One thing if it was a Kasich kind of guy, I'm sure Dems and many Independents would be going balls out to boot Trump like tomorrow. But we know how equally dreadful Pence will be. At least with Trump theres some liberal Dems around with his son and law and daughter. If it was Pence it would be 100% right wing  thumping bigots. But Trump and the GOP has to be s bad as they've been so far or even worse 'cause that damn 2018 map looks god awful for Dems! :/ Since there's no more filibuster it's absolutely essential Dems take the Senate 'somehow'. 

It's deliberate...

sound like what Lady Gaga has been doing for years now..