Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

17 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I wish. Unfortunately, I fear that wishing that would mean worse things will happen like President Pence or a nuclear war.

The only good thing about this is that he's an albatross around the GOP come the 2018 election. Of course, after my all-but-certain prediction of a Clinton win last year has me never trusting my instincts again.

I think most people including myself thought Clinton had it, but I kept burying my doubts very VERY deep because I didn't want to think about the impossible becoming possible.  The one thing that worried me that a tried to explain to myself was that there were literally NO Hillary signs or bumper stickers in my area.  AT ALL!  Now I live in the most republican county in NJ, but even during the 04, and especially the 08, and 12 elections there were tons of Kerry bumper stickers and when it came to Obama, Obama bumper stickers and signs were ALL over.  This time?  I couldn't drive down the road without seeing a TRUMP sticker on the back of someones SUV or truck.  And like I said the support for Hillary was non existent it seemed.

Which brings me to my second worry that I buried deep.   And that is the fact that a highly motivated minority can easily defeat an unmotivated majority.  I have no question in my mind most despise Trump in this country.  Just look at his in the crapper poll numbers already.  Not to mention he lost the popular vote by 3 million.....But you KNEW the people that supported Trump were going to get their asses out and vote for him.  With Hillary, it was all wishy washy.   I and many others simply expected people to vote for her as more of a vote against Trump and I guess that theory was wrong.   People I guess really DO want to be excited to vote for someone.  Personally I think Hillary got a shitty ass rap in this election to begin with.  I mean the far left beat up on her like hell just as much as the republicans which bugged me to no end because these people in my eyes failed to see the bigger picture at stake by bashing Hillary just because she didn't check EVERY box on the purist liberal agenda.  You see it now with Cory Booker.  I think he is setting himself up to run, but it came out he accepted money from big pharma and now you already have (mostly younger voters) ripping him a new asshole and swearing to never vote for him.  Seriously!?   If that thinking continues and younger hardcore Bernie supporters don't accept the fact that you will never be able to vote for someone totally perfect and "pure" we are going to lose once again.  This infighting among people that by and large share the same values needs to end.  

18 hours ago, Nightshade said:

I wish. Unfortunately, I fear that wishing that would mean worse things will happen like President Pence or a nuclear war.

The only good thing about this is that he's an albatross around the GOP come the 2018 election. Of course, after my all-but-certain prediction of a Clinton win last year has me never trusting my instincts again.

Def with you on the first part but I consistently never felt Clinton 'had it'- not even after the Access Hollywood disaster faded down. That was a good month before the election. In a semi 'normal' year that would've destroyed him or any other candidate. Problem is she was just THAT f'king bad and the news cycle always benefited by default who was NOT in the news. The polls and news cycle were out of control fluid and like a ping pong ball.

Perhaps..small perhaps if the Access Hollywood tape came out around the last 10 days (like the Comey letter came out) she maybe would've squeaked it out..barely. Those last 10 days of the news cycle or so were absolutely brutal for Clinton w. that letter. I remember she def had some momentum but it was clearly the last straw for people on the fence. How many we'll never know. He beat her in the right states. Not by a lot by it wasn't razor thin. She knew that which is the only reason why she/ her team didn't fight.

HIS people/mob were positively coming out to vote. Everyone know that. Hers...not so much. Even w/out the FBI letter still not that confident she'd win because they were the two most atrocious candidates in separate but ultimately equal ways. 

45 minutes ago, Hector said:

Girl, bye :bad:

How could a man with a completely macho physique uses a female bathroom and says "sorry cause i feel myself deep inside a female"

the ladies will scream if they see him.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/us/politics/devos-sessions-transgender-students-rights.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com.eg/

5 minutes ago, spazz said:

How could a man with a completely macho physique uses a female bathroom and says "sorry cause i feel myself deep inside a female"

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/us/politics/devos-sessions-transgender-students-rights.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com.eg/

:provoke:

You don't know what you're talking about. You're only posting about misogynist, racist and transphobe shit.

when is the last time you met a real transgender? You're so judgemental of something you don't know anything about. 

Enough.

2 minutes ago, runa said:

You don't know what you're talking about. You're only posting about misogynist, racist and transphobe shit.

when is the last time you met a real transgender? You're so judgemental of something you don't know anything about. 

Enough.

R u serious? I have never been racist, misogynist or transphobe 

I asked a question and u posted a smiley and accused me of wrong things.

By ur logic any straight man with male physique can use a female bathroom pretending to be transgender. It will cause controversy . And this should be applied in the whole world? 

When I went to see Madonna, the line for the ladies room was so long, they just started coming into the men's room. Nobody raised hell, everybody just stood in (the now far more extended) line, chatted and then took their piss/shit (or bump of coke as I'm about 99% certain the guy in front of me was doing...lol) and moved the fuck on with life. What's the goddamn problem with that?? PEOPLE make everything so fucking UNNECESSARILY difficult!! 

Would Caitlynn Jenner dressed as she is in the above pic look more appropriate going into the MEN'S room??? Give me a fucking break. Although being a "G" in the LGBTQ acronym has been difficult at times, my heart goes out to the "T's". Not only do they get shit on by the right wing, (hypocritical) religious zealots but often times, they get shit on by their own people (the LGBQ's of the world). 

4 hours ago, spazz said:

Are you implying that a transgendered person would feel something sexual by using the same bathroom as someone from the opposite birth gender? Because if that's the case what bathroom do you expect homosexuals to use? Likewise what bathroom do you expect a transgendered female, who looks completely female and doesn't have a "macho" physique to use? 

1 hour ago, Napoléon said:

Are you implying that a transgendered person would feel something sexual by using the same bathroom as someone from the opposite birth gender? Because if that's the case what bathroom do you expect homosexuals to use? Likewise what bathroom do you expect a transgendered female, who looks completely female and doesn't have a "macho" physique to use? 

No i mean a transgender who cant afford to make operations to change his macho physique uses a female bathroom because he feels himself a female or a lady transgender with boobs and female looks feels herself a man uses male bathroom.

I am saying these examples cause i read an article and the consequences of this rule which obama applied.

On 22/2/2017 at 0:47 AM, spazz said:

How this fake news? It was posted on a swedish website 

It has happened, but it's not something that big. Little riots happen EVERYWHERE. The fact that so many refugees are now living in Sweden and nothing is happening, except this isolated riots, is a success and prove Trump wrong. 

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

It has happened, but it's not something that big. Little riots happen EVERYWHERE. The fact that so many refugees are now living in Sweden and nothing is happening, except this isolated riots, is a success and prove Trump wrong. 

And it's important to add this riot was about a drug affair. It had nothing to do with Muslims and immigration.

Trump promises border wall 'soon, way ahead of schedule'

2Q==

US President Donald Trump has vowed to start building a wall on the Mexican border "soon, way ahead of schedule", in a speech at a conservative event.

Addressing the Conservative Political Action Congress (CPAC), he vowed to always put American citizens first and build a "great, great border wall".

He also promised to focus on "getting bad people out of this country".

Mr Trump was greeted by chants of "USA, USA, USA!" as he addressed the annual forum in Maryland.

The Republican recalled his first appearance at CPAC in 2011, when he delivered one of his first political speeches at the event.

He did not attend last year's conference, but did show up in 2015.

"We're building the wall," Mr Trump said in his keynote address on Friday.

"In fact it's going to start very soon. Way ahead of schedule. It's way, way, way ahead of schedule."

His comments come a day after Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly met their Mexican counterparts in Mexico City.

Neither made any mention of the wall in Thursday's news conference after their closed-door meetings.

The wall could cost up to $21.5bn (£17.2bn), according to Reuters, citing a Department of Homeland Security internal report - much higher than Mr Trump's estimated price tag of $12bn (£9.6bn).

Mr Trump also needs Congressional approval for funding before moving forward with construction.

On Friday, President Trump also said he was working on a plan to "totally obliterate" the so-called Islamic State.

"Foreign terrorists will not be able to strike America if they can't get in to America," he said.

Mr Trump continued that he "took a lot of heat on Sweden", referring to his erroneous claim that an attack had recently happened there.

He told the crowd: "I love Sweden... but the people over there understand I'm right."

The president then referred to terrorist attacks in France before telling an anecdote about a friend who used to love travelling to Paris every year, but has stopped because "Paris is no longer Paris".

One of the loudest rounds of applause came when he emphasised his 'America First' outlook.

"Global co-operation, dealing with other countries, getting along with other countries is good," he said. "It's very important.

"But there's no such thing as a global anthem, a global currency or a global flag.

"This is the United States of America that I'm representing. I'm not representing the globe; I'm representing your country."

Mr Trump is the first president to address the group during his first year in office since Ronald Reagan in 1981, according to American Conservative Union chairman Matt Schlapp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39080356

9 hours ago, spazz said:

I am saying these examples cause i read an article and the consequences of this rule which obama applied.

That explains it then. You should probably widen your reading material outwith the alt-right, otherwise you risk only exposing yourself to a very narrow view of different societies.

Blocked from White House media briefing

· CNN · NY Times · LA Times · POLITICO · BuzzFeed

Allowed to attend

· Breitbart

57 minutes ago, jaron said:

Allowed to attend

· Breitbart

2 hours ago, jaron said: