Trump / US politics thread 🚽

Camacho

Gotta love the republicans in congress. Applauding and giving standing ovations to the things Trump had to say. It will be funny to see if they still applaud once he tries to get the money for the wall, for the military, for infrastructure, when he tries to lower taxes heavily at the same time. All those things scream fiscal disaster. Of course this is a big problem with members of congress knowing what the outcome will be. Of course Trump doesn't care. In his mind it is no issue to bankrupt the U.S.. He did it before several times with his own companies and yet he is still around. He does not see the consequences. He still does not understand that his presidency is not about him and that his actions will have an impact on the citizens. But when did he ever care about other people? He is the definition of "me, me, me".

6 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

So Trump gave a coherent speech and spoke in complete sentences last night and the national media is tripping over themselves with praise. Are you fucking kidding me? He's like a elementary school kid who gets award just for participating and gets treated like a first place winner just for showing up. 

This guy has set the bar SO unbelievably low that when he doesn't choke on his own word vomit or insult someone or lie about things to make himself look better, he's regarding as presidential. I just can't... I really can't. The corporate media, I'm convinced, loves this guy more than they let on. They love to hate him and report on every tweet just so spend hours with their panel of 'experts' dissecting what he really meant or analyze the shit out of it just so they can maintain the ratings boom they're all getting out of this shitshow. 

This country has become so devoid of any kind of moral compass and so utterly obsessed with celebrity culture that I'm legit frightened to see what he'll be able to get away with. But I gotta hand it to whomever helped him write that speech, they put some expensive makeup on one of the most frightening far-right agenda's we've ever seen. Who cares though, right? We can get back to clutching our pearls over Beyonce' not winning the Grammy that she SO deserved. :abuse: 

Jesus. 

It is pathetic and ridiculous isn't it?  Even Van Jones who should know better said he became President after that speech.  Are you fucking crazy?  Because one teleprompter speech which he stuck to erases the fact that his actions have shown him to be a fucking lunatic over and over.  And this is why people think our media is a joke. 

3 minutes ago, Skin said:

It is pathetic and ridiculous isn't it?  Even Van Jones who should know better said he became President after that speech.  Are you fucking crazy?  Because one teleprompter speech which he stuck to erases the fact that his actions have shown him to be a fucking lunatic over and over.  And this is why people think our media is a joke. 

Can't stand the guy. He has flip flopped on so many issues, always in a way that it fits him the most. Hypocrisy much. He is one of those "political correct guys". Never dare to criticize when the general public might see it differently. And he also blasted Madonna for her White House comment when he clearly did not know the whole speech, when he simply believed some right wing pundit on the panel. He comes across as very self righteous.

And dare I say that I found bringing the widow of the killed soldier to the speech was disgusting. The fact that many people now take this a s a sign that Trump has a heart or whatever speaks volumes. I say the poor woman has been used, has been instrumentalized for the sole purpose to paint a picture of Trump as the caring leader of the nation. Yeah right. As if he would really care. A few hours before he blamed the generals and the Obama administration for that failed operation in Yemen. Bringing this woman to the congress was a marketing plot. That's all. But I guess this is one of those "rallying around the flag" moments that no one in the media dares to question. All simply turn their brains off. Just like they did when 911 happened, when highly questionable "facts" were presented to justify a war against Iraq. Patriotic overload. And off to war they go.

9 hours ago, Nessie said:

Because more than half of this board was stanning for Hillary Fucking Clinton. Needless to say that his own party sabotaged his nomination. They screwed him over.

Yeah, this board decided the Democratic nomination.  :horn:

And for the last time, there was no sabotage. You sound like Trump voters that claim 3 million illegals voted for Hillary. SHE had more Democratic votes. The primary went on and on until California - WHICH HE ALSO LOST.

If he wanted to run, he should've stayed Independent. Don't join my party in 2015 and then whine when you don't win the nom. Why don't you gun for him to run in 2020? Since he's such a sure fire bet n' all. 

59 minutes ago, Nightshade said:

Yeah, this board decided the Democratic nomination.  :horn:

And for the last time, there was no sabotage. You sound like Trump voters that claim 3 million illegals voted for Hillary. SHE had more Democratic votes. The primary went on and on until California - WHICH HE ALSO LOST.

If he wanted to run, he should've stayed Independent. Don't join my party in 2015 and then whine when you don't win the nom. Why don't you gun for him to run in 2020? Since he's such a sure fire bet n' all. 

In my opinion he was one of the reason clinton lost as a lot of the priviledge left came to be against clinton and in favour of him, forgetting the real danger that was  Trump. So even before the race she was faced with very harsh critiques

Sessions should absolutely either resign or be fired. The amount of lies this administration is allowed to get away is unprecedented.

He lied.

HE FUCKING LIED UNDER OATH. And you have those bobble heads on over Fox & Friends defending him as if it's no big deal.

Republicans may have it good now, but once these policies start hitting the 'deplorables' who voted to have their coal mines, factories, and manufacturing jobs come ROARING back into their communities, their healthcare stripped away, and the deregulation of BASIC environmental policies, they'll pay dearly for misleading these people in order to reward their own corporate interests. 

I just don't know what more it's going to take. It was just announced that TWO MORE officials from the Trump campaign had contact with the Russian Ambassador during the Republican National Convention. The cowards will have to face the music on this at some point. 

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/03/trump_great_lakes_epa_cuts.html

This madman is cutting funding for the Great Lakes by 97% with his EPA cuts. 97%.

As someone who lives in Kalamazoo, MI.,  40 minutes away from Lake Michigan, I'm so disgusted I can't even put into words. If there's one thing that can unite Michiganders, it's protecting our lakes. They're absolutely VITAL to our state's tourism industry in the same way the coasts and beaches of Florida are. 

5 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/03/trump_great_lakes_epa_cuts.html

This madman is cutting funding for the Great Lakes by 97% with his EPA cuts. 97%.

As someone who lives in Kalamazoo, MI.,  40 minutes away from Lake Michigan, I'm so disgusted I can't even put into words. If there's one thing that can unite Michiganders, it's protecting our lakes. They're absolutely VITAL to our state's tourism industry in the same way the coasts and beaches of Florida are. 

Well hopefully the next time if he is still around for re-election this state will go blue again.   Everyday brings a new nightmare from this lunatic.