Hector

Janet Jackson thread

342 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

The last decent Janet album......

All For You says hello.

1 hour ago, Ghost Town said:

The last decent Janet album......

I like all her albums, and i think Unbreakable is very good. But obviously her best are from Control to The Velvet Rope.

8 hours ago, todsmod said:

tumblr_mw35lgndRS1rjdad7o1_1280.jpg

That Janet photo was altered. :queenbitch:

3 hours ago, tasteinmen said:

All For You says hello.

No it doesn't .

Control > The Velvet Rope > Rhythm Nation/janet. >>>> All for You > Discipline/Damita Jo/Unbreakable > 20 Y.O. 

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

The Velvet Rope > Rhythm Nation > janet./Control> Unbreakable > All For You>>>Damita Jo/Discipline > 20 Y.O. 

Fixed.

19 hours ago, spotlight said:

No it doesn't .

Yes it does... :goodbye:

45 minutes ago, tasteinmen said:

Yes it does... :goodbye:

:chuckle: 

no it doesn't 

4 hours ago, ckw25 said:

Fixed.

I don't have a problem with your order of her four biggest albums or the next four because it's just splitting hairs. Each batch are very close in quality. The divide for me is between the best four and the remaining five. AFY might be the best of her "lesser" albums, but it's a big drop in quality from the first four.

I don't have a problem with your order of her four biggest albums or the next four because it's just splitting hairs. Each batch are very close in quality. The divide for me is between the best four and the remaining five. AFY might be the best of her "lesser" albums, but it's a big drop in quality from the first four.

Agreed.

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

Compared to Janet Jackson and Dream Street, AFY is a masterpiece. Also Unbreakable is a very solid album. 

To me RN is a carbon copy of Control, being a casual fan, is hard for me to tell the songs apart, same beats and arrangements,  just like AFY sounds exactly the same as TVR/Janet..some songs are identical(Again and Everytime just to name one example)...some good tunes but too samey...

Same with her tours...the Janet Tour/TVR tour/AFY tour are almost identical...

flopita will release an album in 2027

wait for her 

14 hours ago, Gus said:

To me RN is a carbon copy of Control, being a casual fan, is hard for me to tell the songs apart, same beats and arrangements,  just like AFY sounds exactly the same as TVR/Janet..some songs are identical(Again and Everytime just to name one example)...some good tunes but too samey...

How can that be possible with the dark themes of TVR?. The vibe in AFY is completely different.

19 hours ago, Gus said:

There are always specific songs that are similar to songs on previous albums, but casual M fans can say the same. Control and Rhythm Nation are similar in the same way, say, Music and American Life are similar. Same producer, similar sound, but evolved. I agree that Janet's piano ballads and especially her sex songs all sound very similar. But what Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were doing on RN was a bit different from Control. And aside from the opening track on AFY and the ballads, AFY is NOTHING like TVR. 

4 hours ago, vocalism said:

There are always specific songs that are similar to songs on previous albums, but casual M fans can say the same. Control and Rhythm Nation are similar in the same way, say, Music and American Life are similar. Same producer, similar sound, but evolved. I agree that Janet's piano ballads and especially her sex songs all sound very similar. But what Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis were doing on RN was a bit different from Control. And aside from the opening track on AFY and the ballads, AFY is NOTHING like TVR. 

The music/production style is exactly the same on Janet, TVR and AFY...and yes, Music and AL sound very similar, that's the one thing i don't like about AL...but that was a first for Madonna with the sound of her albums and it never happened again...

About C and RN, it's very noticeable when you play DOAD...it's the same music with with different lyrics every 3 min.

It's annoying how Janet fans can't just take her for what she is and have to try to compare her and leverage her success with M as theres really no comparison at all...

anyways..lets appreciate this herb ritts directed masterpiece:

12 hours ago, Gus said:

The music/production style is exactly the same on Janet, TVR and AFY...and yes, Music and AL sound very similar, that's the one thing i don't like about AL...but that was a first for Madonna with the sound of her albums and it never happened again...

About C and RN, it's very noticeable when you play DOAD...it's the same music with with different lyrics every 3 min.

You're right. Those three are similar in style. There are some differences though. Janet and TVR are more sample-driven than AFY and TVR is more R&B oriented that the other two. They're also all thematically different, but I have to say that I'm not sure if this should be considered a bad thing or not. I only brought up the comparison to M because we're in a Madonna forum and we're all very familiar with M's music. There are plenty of other examples beyond Music/AL. WTG is similar to LIB, CAC is similar to ITG, RM and many of the Erotica songs are similar in style to Vogue, the WO songs on MDNA are similar to ROL, etc. This is what happens when you work with the same producers. Janet just stuck with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for a long time and it worked for her. Honestly, most artists are like that. Madonna had a very unique approach. 

You're right. Those three are similar in style. There are some differences though. Janet and TVR are more sample-driven than AFY and TVR is more R&B oriented that the other two. They're also all thematically different, but I have to say that I'm not sure if this should be considered a bad thing or not. I only brought up the comparison to M because we're in a Madonna forum and we're all very familiar with M's music. There are plenty of other examples beyond Music/AL. WTG is similar to LIB, CAC is similar to ITG, RM and many of the Erotica songs are similar in style to Vogue, the WO songs on MDNA are similar to ROL, etc. This is what happens when you work with the same producers. Janet just stuck with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis for a long time and it worked for her. Honestly, most artists are like that. Madonna had a very unique approach. 

Agreed, it's all a matter of personal taste in the end, i do enjoy listening those Janet albums from time to time, same with the tours, i was pretty into her until 'Just a little while'...then i lost interest, Feedback was pretty good but that was about it...

On 30/3/2017 at 3:56 PM, mynameisdita said:

It's annoying how Janet fans can't just take her for what she is and have to try to compare her and leverage her success with M as theres really no comparison at all...

anyways..lets appreciate this herb ritts directed masterpiece:

The stan world in general is constantly comparing artists and creating flamewars. It happens everywhere. Janet is underrated though. Haven't you seen the way some people go out of their way to deny her entire career and impact?. Specially on forums like ATRL. It is sad. 

Janet and Madonna were huge at the same time. They both worked with similar people. They both made dance-pop music. This is a Madonna forum. We're all Madonna fans. Using one to put the other's work/success in context is to be expected. Complaining about it seems like a pointless endeavor. 

3 hours ago, vocalism said:

Janet and Madonna were huge at the same time. They both worked with similar people. They both made dance-pop music. This is a Madonna forum. We're all Madonna fans. Using one to put the other's work/success in context is to be expected. Complaining about it seems like a pointless endeavor. 

But somebody else was saying why Janet fans compare her to Madonna. My point is that in the stan world people compare artists all the time.

Rumors that she didnt like the baby she "got" and is looking for a replacement.

There will be no further comment.

Perhaps it was a girl and they gave it away. They aren't in the papers or been seen with a push chair. Is Katheryn still with her hiding at the Mandarin? Even that's strange, who would bring their baby up in a hotel suite in a foreign country?