Hector

Janet Jackson thread

87 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2017 at 4:15 PM, littleGuzman said:

Even Marttka is more relevant 

Toy soldiers is a huge classic , flopita wishes

Janet has 10 Hot 100 #1's & 19 #1's on the Billboard Dance chart. Plus a shitload of awards!

Martaka who :blink:

hahha , but her hits are more forgetable than even mooriah s , lol ,here in south America nobody knows who is Janet , maybe a few people in Brazil

so we can say that flopita has not classics ,well Toy soldiers is always on the radio....

flopita has 2 awards compared with Madonna honey..

Im not Martika fan , but is an example how irrelevant is Janet ..she has not legacy , not only one universal classic like tons of artists, another example Natalie Imbruglia 

Well, I've been pretty much listening to Janet nonstop on Spotify the last few days. She has a great catalogue from 1986 - 2001. And some jams after that as well. "Feedback" and "No Sleeep" should have been big hits.

9 hours ago, vocalism said:

Well, I've been pretty much listening to Janet nonstop on Spotify the last few days. She has a great catalogue from 1986 - 2001. And some jams after that as well. "Feedback" and "No Sleeep" should have been big hits.

Me too. Listen to Janet a lot.

i think she will be rediscovered in the future as she had some genuine good pop songs not just chart fraud hits.

On 20.2.2017 at 0:14 AM, Hector said:

It's shocking, how desperate and dellusional people can be....a whole Account just to tell lies about the carreer of Janet and just to pull Madonna down??? It's unbelievable...i'm mean how crazy can people be??? Especially when it's so easy to learn the truth. And the truth ist, that Janets career is far away from the impact of Madonnas carreer or the success Madonna had. I mean these people really have psychological problems!! Nothing to laugh, but really to worry about... SHOCKING

Edited by Pyari

5 hours ago, jonski43 said:

Me too. Listen to Janet a lot.

i think she will be rediscovered in the future as she had some genuine good pop songs not just chart fraud hits.

of course I know a lot of janet songs , as a hater i can say i enjoy some songs by her  even though I almost can t hear her voice lol  , I know even songs by Aretha , Diana , but general public don t know janet songs..that is a fact  , the woman has the lowest views on youtube and spotify , her catalog is not played anywhere ..

55 minutes ago, Pyari said:

It's shocking, how desperate and dellusional people can be....a whole Account just to tell lies about the carreer of Janet and just to pull Madonna down??? It's unbelievable...i'm mean how crazy can people be??? Especially when it's so easy to learn the truth. And the truth ist, that Janets career is far away from the impact of Madonnas carreer or the success Madonna had. I mean these people really have psychological problems!! Nothing to laugh, but really to worry about... SHOCKING

yai , I know who is he , he is a 54 years old troll from Serbia , who hates Madonna , because Janet is a big zero next to her 

, he was here in Madonnanation trying to deny Rebel heart tour succes ..lol 

that s why I can t stand  Janet ..Janet has not even 200m of views on youtube with all her videos , jajaja .Madonna almost 1.7 billion 

3 hours ago, littleGuzman said:

of course I know a lot of janet songs , as a hater i can say i enjoy some songs by her  even though I almost can t hear her voice lol  , I know even songs by Aretha , Diana , but general public don t know janet songs..that is a fact  , the woman has the lowest views on youtube and spotify , her catalog is not played anywhere ..

I think her music is probably known more than you think (who doesn't know "When I Think of You," "Love Will Never Do (Without You)," "That's the Way Love Goes," "Together Again," or "All for You"?) That's obviously a much shorter list than M or MJ or Prince or even Whitney, but I don't think we (or I) are saying she's in quite the same league. But she has an impressive catalogue of singles:

What Have You Done for Me Lately
Nasty
When I Think of You
Control
The Pleasure Principle
Rhythm Nation
Alright
Come Back to Me
Love Will Never Do (Without You)
That's the Way Love Goes
If
Any Time, Any Place
Got 'til It's Gone
Together Again
I Get Lonely
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Feedback
Rock with You
No Sleeep

These are all songs I love. And that's not counting album tracks like "Throb," "This Time," "Night," "So Much Betta," "My Need," "The Knowledge," etc.

I knew Nasty because Rupaul s drag race jaja..jujube vs Manila

really no sleep ..lol 

.really I ve never heard a janet song on the radio in more a decade , her last song that had radio and tv airplay was all for you, but yes i saw a couple of times some janet videos on VH1 ,...but it means nothing ....

..again other females are always played on the radio besides madonna , here ..janet never ,,,USA , is not the whole world , and her poor views on youtube prove that ....youth and general people ,are not interested in her catalog ...

.also her radio impressions in USA are very low next to Madonna s too ..so even in USA ,her catalog is not so played either

^ USA is not the whole world. Her radio impressions are low next to Madonna's. These are all true facts. But they don't have any bearing on anything I just said since I didn't claim the contrary. 

That's the way love goes played at the restaurant I was eating at today!!! They also played bugaboo and no no no by Beyoncé!!! Also Blu Cantrell and Usher's u make me wanna. And then fantasy by Mariah. It was playlist heaven

Her first and last hit in México was All for you. Maybe together again thanks to MTV, but definitely not a radio hit.

she should release an album of ASMR

16 hours ago, littleGuzman said:

really no sleep ..lol 

By the way, "No Sleeep" is a great track. If it were released in the 90s, it would have been a huge hit in the same way some of M's recent flops would have been hits in another era. Same with "Feedback." 

I still regularly listen to Take Me Away and Shoulda Known Better, I enjoyed Unbreakable, but I agree her strongest output was between 1986-2001, Damita Jo was disappointing, I only really listen to All Nite from that album.

No love for this Unbreakable gem? I chose a clip set to the RWU video. It works surprisingly well for Night also.

2 hours ago, ckw25 said:

No love for this Unbreakable gem? I chose a clip set to the RWU video. It works surprisingly well for Night also.

why is she overshadowed by her dancers or people in the background?

gurl at least wear something eye catchy ....

or she has no star quality?

:blink:

Any love for We Go Deep?

57 minutes ago, LHakaLH said:

Any love for We Go Deep?

Yes, love it! Great track and it's on my iPod.

the remixes are summertastic too. Love the jazz flute! 

Do you think Janet's met the baby yet?

it took janet 2 years to have the baby...

the baby is now 28yo...

11 hours ago, ckw25 said:

It's my favorite track from Unbreakable, I love the first half of the album and the last song from it.

She has a few cute songs, I love to hit the treadmill while listening to Nasty.

The first time I knew about her was when VH1 was airing the video for So excited, then until Feedback but she never really got my attention until the Unbreakable era and the Trump Nasty comment, if we put the fact that she's pretty inconsistent and local, also the hiatus, her career is over, but at least she's a legacy singer.

On 25/02/2017 at 6:34 PM, ckw25 said:

WOW tht was wel executed
that song (and the album) was her best record in ages. 
it's a shame she was way too lazy she didn't bother doing any promo 
i mean the video for "NO SLEEP" ? like WTF lazy ass gurl
and her appearance on the BET awards ... she could have danced... she did not

it's clear she doesn't pay any attention to her fans nor her career. 
she's into Allah and islam nowadays.

GREAT remix and frankly...this piece has absolutely NOTHING to do with Janet's "talent". 

It's fucking INSTRUMENTAL. And I love it.

So no baby pictures yet

Janet should retire, sit back, and relish her long legacy she leaves behind.