Hector

Janet Jackson thread. World Record Holder for Tour Cancellations.

697 posts in this topic

i'll come back for the cancellation video "Guys, sorry..the baby is too young and needs to stay put in one place...."

35 minutes ago, Ghost Town said:

Ahem, 19 #1's on the U.S. dance chart just sayin'

0 certifications this decade ..just saying

The floor is sold out in Toronto! ❤️

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

i'll come back for the cancellation video "Guys, sorry..the baby is too young and needs to stay put in one place...."

Maybe LaToya will drop by for a cameo.

2 hours ago, Diversity83 said:

The floor is sold out in Toronto! ❤️

Wow! How can you tell?

jancel could never ..NEVA

13 hours ago, littleGuzman said:

jancel could never ..NEVA

You are wrong!

Floppita Is the Top Tour Cancelling Act!

:rotfl:

On May 5, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Martin B. said:

It is the great disappointment with the careers of Janet and Michael: they were brilliant for a few years at their beginning, but never knew how to renew themselves. They have repeated tirelessly the same music and the same choreographies.

When you think about it, many artists who've been around for a long time do the same thing.  They repeat what made them so well received - over and over again.  Sure, they release new music but how much of it do they showcase on tour?  If it's a hit, they might do a lot of it but usually they always come back to their hits - the same ones over and over again.  Artists with well known choreography do the same thing.  I think Madonna is in the minority when it comes to repeating her glory days over and over again.  Sure, we get hit songs on her tours but she mixes it up and we never know what she's going to do each time she announces a tour.  This is a major source of excitement for a lot of us.  We get a new vision each and every time.  Sure, we might get a nod to the past (cone bra - MDNA, Wedding veil (RH), but a full on repeat of her most successful moments and looks?  LOL not going to happen (at least not yet).  Most legacy acts are perfectly content reliving the past.  Look at all the older rock bands that still tour - I bet they play a LOT of their older hits every single time.  If you see them once that's great - try going 10 times and always knowing what they'll play - or close to it.  Don't get me wrong, Madonna could play the Immaculate Collection and dance around in her cone bra every year and the public would probably be eating up the nostalgia and praising her but luckily she chooses to not cater to the masses as much.  I love to look at how different each and every tour is - it's amazing actually.  Madonna, in my opinion, is unique in this respect and it does make us judge the other pop stars more. 

As far as Janet's show goes, I do wish her the best with it.  I am going - I didn't pay much but got a couple of decent seats for the price.  I know she'll give a good nostalgic performance with a night full of hit songs - I just would really like to see a more elaborate show from her as i've only seen UCAP from her so far.  Nicer costumes and sets would be exciting this time around - I mean, it is an arena show and the Unbreakable show from what it looked like - looked cheap.

On 5/5/2017 at 9:20 PM, LSD said:

This Fall

The Empress of Pop

Returns To Her Throne

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:chuckle:

I hadn't visited this thread in a while but oh my ...

How can she be the Empress of Pop when she was never even the Queen of Pop. The only other female who truly came close to Madonna's status and that came out in the 80s too was Whitney Houston, as far as truly international standing and hysteria go, without mentioning actual number of hits

Not even Mariah, a very US-centric act with her brief 5-8 year good run of Mottola bought 90s success, which immediately collapsed as soon as Mottola was out of the picture, sufficient enough proof.

Please tell me that clip is not an official clip from her label/management or whomever is running her career at the moment. Because if it is, it's just plain embarassing, tacky and childish, just like her idea that showcasing her awards to her concert goers is cool. It looks like one of those celebratory fan made videos on youtube, only she's doing it herself :rotfl: 

Also why do we have to be informed about what that frivolous, arrogant, transparent, ungrateful, miss bitchy, rubbish attitude Kevin Stea has to say about anything "that's happened" between Janet and Madonna as if he's some invaluable, historical, much talked about witness of it, once again an excuse to take another poorly camouflaged passive-aggressive dig at Madonna

After all according to his feeble child mind Gaga works harder than anybody else in the industry :lmao:  yes the world has seen plenty of Gaga's discipline already not to mention the complete (un)originality of her plastic poseur career

Is it possible to ask CKW to post in the Madonna threads of this MADONNA board too and not just always come only in here to inform us of what that petty Kevin Troll thinks of Madonna and her supposed desire to take Janet down in the 90s?? :blink:

Everyone with one functioning brain cell can look at Janet's personal life and her career to notice that the only one to have taken down Janet's career is Janet herself, thanks to her laziness, lack of discipline, greed and the delusion in thinking that since she was MJ sister she ought to automatically have a career bigger than Madonna's or at least equal to it

:clap::clap::clap: all of this ⬇️

38 minutes ago, XXL said:

How can she be the Empress of Pop when she was never even the Queen of Pop. The only other female who truly came close to Madonna's status and that came out in the 80s too was Whitney Houston, as far as truly international standing and hysteria go, without mentioning actual number of hits

Not even Mariah, a very US-centric act with her brief 5-8 year good run of Mottola bought 90s success, which immediately collapsed as soon as Mottola was out of the picture, sufficient enough proof.

Please tell me that clip is not an official clip from her label/management or whomever is running her career at the moment. Because if it is, it's just plain embarassing, tacky and childish, just like her idea that showcasing her awards to her concert goers is cool. It looks like one of those celebratory fan made videos on youtube, only she's doing it herself :rotfl: 

Also why do we have to be informed about what that frivolous, arrogant, transparent, ungrateful, miss bitchy, rubbish attitude Kevin Stea has to say about anything "that's happened" between Janet and Madonna as if he's some invaluable, historical, much talked about witness of it, once again an excuse to take another poorly camouflaged passive-aggressive dig at Madonna

After all according to his feeble child mind Gaga works harder than anybody else in the industry :lmao:  yes the world has seen plenty of Gaga's discipline already not to mention the complete (un)originality of her plastic poseur career

Is it possible to ask CKW to post in the Madonna threads of this MADONNA board too and not just always come only in here to inform us of what that petty Kevin Troll thinks of Madonna and her supposed desire to take Janet down in the 90s?? :blink:

Everyone with one functioning brain cell can look at Janet's personal life and her career to notice that the only one to have taken down Janet's career is Janet herself, thanks to her laziness, lack of discipline, greed and the delusion in thinking that since she was MJ sister she ought to automatically have a career bigger than Madonna's or at least equal to it

apr-11-2011-phoenix-arizona-us-janet-jackson-performs-live-on-stage-CDMNKT.jpg

131656964.jpg

20da876d3601b7987fff4368cb592399.jpg

janet-berlin8-e1309027091112.jpg

Queen-of-Pop-on-tour-janet-jackson-17305470-400-500.jpg

Janet+Jackson+Rock+Witchu+Tour+Comes+Madison+ZskBCuU3oaRl.jpg

VAP2008091011-lg.jpg

2BDDB94800000578-3218427-image-a-13_1441117111217.jpg

janet-jackson-unbreakable-tour-vancouver-083115-2-456x560.jpg

janet-jackson-performs-at-the-madison-square-garden-center-as-part-C0PNWT.jpg

3FD44D7B00000578-0-image-m-13_1493690974240.jpg

Jaent-Returns-Main-770x433.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gus said:

apr-11-2011-phoenix-arizona-us-janet-jackson-performs-live-on-stage-CDMNKT.jpg

131656964.jpg

20da876d3601b7987fff4368cb592399.jpg

janet-berlin8-e1309027091112.jpg

Queen-of-Pop-on-tour-janet-jackson-17305470-400-500.jpg

Janet+Jackson+Rock+Witchu+Tour+Comes+Madison+ZskBCuU3oaRl.jpg

VAP2008091011-lg.jpg

2BDDB94800000578-3218427-image-a-13_1441117111217.jpg

janet-jackson-unbreakable-tour-vancouver-083115-2-456x560.jpg

janet-jackson-performs-at-the-madison-square-garden-center-as-part-C0PNWT.jpg

3FD44D7B00000578-0-image-m-13_1493690974240.jpg

Jaent-Returns-Main-770x433.jpg

Jesus.

She looks like a suburban mom in that second pic.

On 5/5/2017 at 4:59 PM, Martin B. said:

It is the great disappointment with the careers of Janet and Michael: they were brilliant for a few years at their beginning, but never knew how to renew themselves. They have repeated tirelessly the same music and the same choreographies.

I've always found MJ completely overrated. It's absolutely true that Janet didn't know how to grow after the '90s, but I think she evolved (or to use your word "renewed" herself) quite a bit until All For You. We all know she came into her own after her first two flop albums. Control had a lot of personality (thanks to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis of course) and Rhythm Nation took that personal autonomy and focused it on social justice issues. She then physically transformed and had her whole sexual awakening on Janet, which was more deeply explored on The Velvet Rope (along with depression and self-worth). The Janet of TVR is almost unrecognizable from the one on Control and Rhythm Nation. I think there's definitely evolution to be seen/heard across all of those albums, much much more than Michael, who just rehashed the same thing over and over (from his look to his dance moves to the sound of his music) until the day he died.

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

I've always found MJ completely overrated. It's absolutely true that Janet didn't know how to grow after the '90s, but I think she evolved (or to use your word "renewed" herself) quite a bit until All For You. We all know she came into her own after her first two flop albums. Control had a lot of personality (thanks to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis of course) and Rhythm Nation took that personal autonomy and focused it on social justice issues. She then physically transformed and had her whole sexual awakening on Janet, which was more deeply explored on The Velvet Rope (along with depression and self-worth). The Janet of TVR is almost unrecognizable from the one on Control and Rhythm Nation. I think there's definitely evolution to be seen/heard across all of those albums, much much more than Michael, who just rehashed the same thing over and over (from his look to his dance moves to the sound of his music) until the day he died.

AMEN.

MJ is beyond overrated, NOT his talent of course...but as an artist he expressed the same shit over & over again.

Without Quincy Jones, Michael really was nothing.

9 hours ago, vocalism said:

This.

MJ is the most overrated artist of all time. Vocally, Jermaine is better, artistically speaking the 1986-1997 Janet is miles better than his entire discography. He was an excellent dancer, I'll give you that.

Now now children :rotfl: put down the crack pipe

Jermaine, a better vocalist :rotfl:

9 hours ago, vocalism said:

This.

To me, Michael had a distinctive voice, like M rather than be the best ever singer. You know it's them and nobody can replicate their tone. However, I found Michael's work from Bad onward suffered from all the excessive 'ows' and 'sha-mons' all over the place and his videos were bloated affairs. But yes, he didn't really evolve from an artistic point of view. Janet's sound evolved but not exactly in a ground breaking way and many of her songs sound of their time. She's still more creative than Mariah though who's stuck in her t&a rnb mode. 

On 2017-05-02 at 1:07 AM, Kilt said:

Whoever plans to attend any of these shows, is out of their mind. 

YES THIS VIDEO. LOVE THIS SO MUCH

On 5/8/2017 at 6:15 AM, XXL said:

:lmao: 

Is she seriously kicking off ANOTHER tour? Her fans are fucking stupid.

20 hours ago, rocknrolla said:

Without Quincy Jones, Michael really was nothing.

Lies.

1 hour ago, ULIZOS said:

Is she seriously kicking off ANOTHER tour? Her fans are fucking stupid.

She has the dumbest of loyalist.