Women Trump Supporters Close Their Accounts At Nordstrom For Dumping Ivanka

Camacho

Internet Freaks Out After Trump Fans Film Their Rage At Nordstrom

“We’re going to Dillard’s!” says one woman in the video.

By Jenna Amatulli

02/16/2017 05:28 pm ET | Updated 4 hours ago

15gcg8k.jpg

A video that shows a group of women closing their Nordstrom accounts after the store decided to drop the Ivanka Trump brand has gone viral.

A minute long, the video posted by Laurie Ray opens with the women, some clad in Donald Trump T-shirts, parading into the Nordstrom Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, Arizona exclaiming, “No money for Nordstroms!”

The next clip shows the women going up an escalator and saying that they’re boycotting the store because Nordstrom “caved.”

The “caving” refers to Nordstrom’s Feb. 3 decision to not continue carrying the Ivanka Trump brand “this season.” 

The video continues with one woman in sunglasses at the customer service desk, producing her Nordstrom card and indicating to the salesclerk she’d like to close it. The woman claims she was an ex-Nordstrom employee who had shopped at the store for over 30 years. 

“I’ve been shopping at Nordstrom for 30 years,” she says, talking on a telephone at the store’s customer service desk. “Because of your decision to drop Ivanka Trump, I will no longer shop at your store, nor will my husband, or our nine children, or our eight grandchildren.”

“We’re going to Dillard’s!” another woman exclaims. 

According to Business Insider, Ray posted on Facebook that ditching Nordstrom was a “YUGE” sacrifice because her daughters loved their shoes. But, despite that, she made the decision to support Ivanka Trump. 

That now-deleted Facebook post also indicated that the group was going to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory afterward and planned to go to Dillard’s to “#buyIvanka.”

Ray has since posted on her account that she didn’t post the video for attention, nor did any of the women intend to put Nordstrom out of business.

“If you think we could spend our time in better ways, we agree! We do a lot of service in our community, sadly you are judging us on a 59 second video. 1minute does not an entire life make. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! #standforsomething #hatersgonnahate,” the post reads.

Another woman in the video, Jeannie Petersen Guthrie, posted a still from the scene in “Pretty Woman” where Julia Roberts shows up at the shop that rejected her before she got all glammed up.

Clearly, Guthrie thinks Nordstrom made a “big mistake. Huge.”

Guthrie told The Huffington Post that she “love our local retailers and we wish they would not make shopping about politics. We are disappointed in Nordstrom’s decision, along with others, who continue to use their platforms for political purposes.” 

Caryl Wood, another woman in the video, added that, “politics aside, we as women should and can stand up for what is right. It’s not my desire to put any one out of business, but to bring awareness.”

Guest Pud Whacker
2 hours ago, WeboGirl said:

Makes me want to apply for a Nordstrom credit card and max it out.

i LOVE Nordstrom's!

i love ivanka, too.  i love women with soft speaking voices. 

oh well. 

18 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

And this is exactly what I think of when a female Trump supporter comes to mind..... 

They probably never purchased a piece of Ivanka's shitty clothing line anyway. 

Exactly.  Why should they care?  They probably buy their clothes at Walmart. 

You can't polish a turd. 

Ivanka is probably one of the few reasonable people close to Trump. I don't care if people boycott her or not, but Nordstrom's made their decision based on the fact that her stuff wasn't selling which is reasonable. If any of these dumb-ass Trump ladies understood how a business runs, they'd know that. Let's see how the economy fares over the next 4 years and revisit these ladies and their pocketbooks.