MadonnaNation.com Forums
DitaDolla

You can call my name and I'll be a around.....

Pedro    0
12 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Beautiful Killer was an instant fan favorite so you can imagine how disappointed I was when the song was played before MDNA show here in Berlin and received no notable reaction from the crowd. I knew by then that the crowd was shit (again) and was there for a classic Madonna hits. You could tell most of them where like 'wtf is MDNA'??

Well I have always wondered if the name was MDNA Tour what do people expect? 

elijah    0

Love it. Should ve been the first single, that or I m Addicted or Love Spent

Lolo    0
2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Well I have always wondered if the name was MDNA Tour what do people expect? 

Exactly! They probably thought it's just a cryptic tag writing of the name Madonna, I don't know... The album they knew not. 

Orion    0
1 hour ago, SPM said:

They sure as fuck didn't when it came out. Once it was a commercial disappointment, though, opinions "changed."

And this is the truth, I remember people loving MDNA when it came out.

I have to say it's a great record, so many amazing songs in there: Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, Masterpiece, Love Spent, Beautiful Killer, I'm a Sinner :inlove: GGW is one of her best dance tracks too :thumbsup: 

I can live without TUTR and Superstar and prefer the demo version of GMAYL.

acko    0

MDNA sounds like it was slapped together with leftovers, I'm certainly fond of a lot of the tracks but I find it aimless & messy,

kinda like a Prince bootleg that holds so called 'unreleased gems' :lol: that his nerd fans have been raving about 4 years & then when u finally hear it, it's a big fat 'oh'. I'm always excited when a new album comes out, u know the euphoria of getting new Madonna stuff adds an extra layer that takes some time 2 wear off & I don't think she's truly put out a stinker yet, but this disjointed effort comes close, imo.

I agree with PUD, quite frankly.

DitaDolla    0
40 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Beautiful Killer was an instant fan favorite so you can imagine how disappointed I was when the song was played before MDNA show here in Berlin and received no notable reaction from the crowd. I knew by then that the crowd was shit (again) and was there for a classic Madonna hits. You could tell most of them where like 'wtf is MDNA'??

tumblr_momboy451M1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

scamper    0

I love this song too... And I play it a lot. 

When MDNA came out I remember that when I played the album most people said when they heard some of the songs "Who is the singer?" and I told them "Madonna"... Everybody said "Oh, didn't recognize her voice with the sound effects". Some even said "Oh, I know it's Madonna just because you're telling me but it could be another singer, I wouldn't had notice it":

With "Beautiful killer" was just the opposite. She only had to sing the first line and was like "Hey, that's Madonna for sure". The song, the voice, everything is Madonna 100%. And that's what the generic public wanted to hear. I'm sure that one of the reasons why MDNA didn't work as good as it could have been is because the effects fucked it up. There was a post on this forum with some songs of the album on Madonna's real pitch and I think they sound much better than the album versions. I think that are good songs but feels like they are very "generic". "Beautiful killer" is completly Madonna.

Nick    0
4 hours ago, SPM said:

They sure as fuck didn't when it came out. Once it was a commercial disappointment, though, opinions "changed."

Remember fans really liking most of the album. Kinda disappointing that opinions did seem to change overtime.

IsaacHarris    0
13 hours ago, elijah said:

Love it. Should ve been the first single, that or I m Addicted or Love Spent

My thoughts exactly.

IsaacHarris    0

I'd kill to hear it live :inlove: One of the best hooks that entire album; so catchy & fabulous!

Lolo    0
9 hours ago, Nick said:

Remember fans really liking most of the album. Kinda disappointing that opinions did seem to change overtime.

But it happens, whether it flops or not. I was really into MDNA the first couple of weeks, I listened to it 24/7 but it wore off really quickly. I've never grown tired of a M album so soon and completely before. Most of the songs and sounds offer nothing that's left to discover or to grow with each listening, it's the exact opposite. It seems very rich at the start and then gets thinner and thinner. At least that was my experience and I don't care much for her US chart success. 

Illuminati    0
14 minutes ago, Lolo said:

But it happens, whether it flops or not. I was really into MDNA the first couple of weeks, I listened to it 24/7 but it wore off really quickly. I've never grown tired of a M album so soon and completely before. Most of the songs and sounds offer nothing that's left to discover or to grow with each listening, it's the exact opposite. It seems very rich at the start and then gets thinner and thinner. At least that was my experience and I don't care much for her US chart success. 

That's exactly what I experienced with this album and that didn't happen with any of her records before!

Beautiful Killer is a fantastic track though. Great musical and vocal production and mixing.

It has that classical Madonna vibe all over it.

Nick    0
2 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

I'd kill to hear it live :inlove: One of the best hooks that entire album; so catchy & fabulous!

Agree & it's sad that it never made it into any of the final set lists for MDNA.

I would've been content with just an intermission video. 

Pedro    0
4 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

Totally! 

5 hours ago, IsaacHarris said:

She did it live: 

todsmod    0

MDNA had a few "throw away tracks".  But there are some real gems on it too.  Beautiful Killer being one of them.  Should'a, Would'a, Could'a!!!!!

Crux    0

Beautiful Killer is amazing and should've been on the regular edition. LOVE it

Inlakesh    0
23 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

Can we appreciate this masterpiece from her worst album aka MDNA 

Q3ad634.jpg ---------------------------> da nerve!!!

just no bitch, just NO!

PS: Beautiful Killer is Sublime!

Edited by Inlakesh

Pedro    0
24 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The live "I'm a Sinner" is superior to the album version...which is quite boring. 

17 minutes ago, Crystal Coffin said:

The high-pitched vocals in the studio version of "I'm Sinner"...they are ridiculous. :lmao:

Yes and yes. 

runa    0
21 hours ago, Bill said:

Don't get me started on Beautiful Killer and the ATROCITY that occurred when it was overlooked, not just as single, but even a standard album track!  How it got relegated to a bonus disc is beyond me.  Most commercially accessible song on the entire album, her best chance for a #1 single since Music.

I totally agree. 

mnino    0
19 hours ago, DitaDolla said:

tumblr_momboy451M1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

:lmao:

Oh, chair.

Forget about it being a single or on the main album, it should have been on the mother fucking TOUR.

It SHOULD have replaced Revolver in the first segment. Such a shame it wasn't included. 

As for people hating on MDNA after it was a 'flop', that's bullshit. Sure people raved about it when it came out, but we had a 4 year Madonna drought and were coming off of the high of the Super Bowl. I played the hell out of the album for about a week until I realized how sloppy, incoherent, and poorly produced it was. And I instantly hated Some Girls, I Don't Give A, Girl Gone Wild, Superstar, Best Friend, and I Fucked Up. Which has never happened with a Madonna album.

Oh well, one blip in a 35 year career is forgivable. She more than made up for it with the Rebel Heart era.   

Candy Shop    0

MDNA is an album that wants to make some noise... I don't think it's a bad album, but I have to be in the mood to listen to it ... What ruined the album, in my opinion, is the messy tracklist we got instead of the previous tracks sequence. I never understood why she has decided to change it at the last minute... Same happened with Rebel Heart...

Usually I listen to the original tracks sequence and I find the album very good and coherent:

1. Girl Gone Wild
  2. Gang Bang
  3. I'm Addicted
  4. Some Girls
  5. I Don't Give A
  6. Turn Up The Radio
  7. Give Me All Your Luvin'
  8. B-Day Song
  9. Superstar
  10. I'm A Sinner
  11. Masterpiece
  12. Falling Free