MadonnaNation.com Forums
Crux

Sam Smith parades around in Stilettoes while Ed Sheeran gets run over. Two generic bores for the price of one

8 hours ago, mnino said:

This generation:

Ed-Sheeran-Rex.jpg

sam-smith_shutterstock_233348299_600x487

2F25521600000578-3350051-Candid_Adele_to

calvin-harris-defends-girlfriend-taylor-

o-LADY-GAGA-facebook.jpg

BEY2.jpg

My generation:

big007.jpg

mj-80s.jpg

Prince-2-Artist-of-the-80s.jpg

1342212706-3619199894_MTE1ODA0OTcxNDY5ND

9a514665481842f77c57c889919ca68e.jpg

tinaturner-80s-rnb-singer.jpg

tumblr_o6geljQq6x1qbbm8go1_250.gif

Ironically, Bey has either worked with or performed alongside ALL of those artists listed (excluding Sam Smith & Adele).

8 hours ago, pjcowley said:

Beautiful commercial music used to be an escapism from every day reality. Where is beautiful popular music nowadays? In the second millennium we have come to witness the tragically sad involution of popular commercial music. Most of the sounds coming from Ed Sheeran's, Sam Smith, Swift and Adele's orifices are so toxic they make something like hydrochloric acid look harmless...

Streaming, more deceitful streaming, meaningless déjà vu music videos, predictable radio programming: you cannot polish a turd. Another layer of icing on a shit cake doesn't make it taste good.

Revolutions stem from the underground, led by pioneers: where are they nowadays?

Is there hope somewhere? Or is this a mirror reflection of the global political landscape? Fuck, in the 1930s and 1940s music was absolutely BRILLIANT and often uplifting considering the times ...

In 2017 pop music is dying of its own shallow fumes, making you want to kill yourself fucking depressingly bad as it is.

Yes,  Today's "pop music"  and so called pop music superstars are the worst I have seen in years.  The fact they are continually promoted non-stop by radio stations, corporations and paid media makes it worse.  It is painful to see Taylor Swift being described as being the most talented woman in music. :wacko: Ditto with Gaga.  Sadly, it is also many British music stars that are given adoration all over the world when they are completely bland.   Adele, Ed Sheeran are the biggest names in the music world at the moment and when we look at past  British music superstars, they were trail blazers, exciting and super talented.  The Beatles, David Bowie, Queen, George Michael and even going back to Dusty Springfield.   I do think it will change though because this generation deserves better.  They need pop music to be exciting, fun and brilliant again, not just to have someone who can write a passable song or have a big vocal range being the people they are mainly hearing. 

TITN, L.A., United States, 16 hours ago - "Madonna has never been a cool artist. She was the Britney of the '80s. Her fan base is primarily made up of middle-aged women and g@y men. She isn't respected like Michael Jackson, Prince and The Beatles. Prince wrote and produced most of his music by himself, whereas Madonna needs half a dozen writers and producers to do most of the work for her. She hasn't done anything memorable in years. Her last #1 hit on the US Hot 100 was 17 years ago! She's unimportant nowadays. Let's face it, she's released her fair share of rubbish, and she's spent the last 15 years chasing every trend while hanging on to the coattails of younger artists in a desperate bid for a hit. For a lot of people Madonna marks the turning point when the music industry was dumbed down. She was the first artist to rely on gimmicks to help sell her weak voice, average dancing and recycled imagery from old Hollywood stars and far superior artists like Debbie Harry, Nina Hagen, Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Dale Bozzio"

I replied by saying that she was mega cool in the 80's and that 131,000 fans saw her in Paris on the 29th of August on the "Who's That Girl" tour.

In 2016, Madonna extended her record as the highest grossing solo touring artist, so she's far from "unimportant".

I also said that (contrary to popular belief) she does write her own music and that there is video evidence of Pat Leonard and William Orbit on youtube stating she is very creative and what a marvel she is to work with. Prince might've wrote his own music (but like others, he has also released his "fair share of rubbish"), His last billboard #1 was "Cream" in 1991. Ironically, Michael Jackson's last billboard #1 was "You Are Not Alone" in 95 which was written by R.Kelly. This guy is so bitter about Madonna and seems to think she doesn't deserve her success unless she's written a million and one songs whist spinning plates and doing god knows what else.  Hilarious when you learn that he's a Kylie Minogue fan. :lmao:

1 hour ago, Crux said:

TITN, L.A., United States, 16 hours ago - "Madonna has never been a cool artist. She was the Britney of the '80s. Her fan base is primarily made up of middle-aged women and g@y men. She isn't respected like Michael Jackson, Prince and The Beatles. Prince wrote and produced most of his music by himself, whereas Madonna needs half a dozen writers and producers to do most of the work for her. She hasn't done anything memorable in years. Her last #1 hit on the US Hot 100 was 17 years ago! She's unimportant nowadays. Let's face it, she's released her fair share of rubbish, and she's spent the last 15 years chasing every trend while hanging on to the coattails of younger artists in a desperate bid for a hit. For a lot of people Madonna marks the turning point when the music industry was dumbed down. She was the first artist to rely on gimmicks to help sell her weak voice, average dancing and recycled imagery from old Hollywood stars and far superior artists like Debbie Harry, Nina Hagen, Donna Summer, Grace Jones and Dale Bozzio"

I replied by saying that she was mega cool in the 80's and that 131,000 fans saw her in Paris on the 29th of August on the "Who's That Girl" tour.

In 2016, Madonna extended her record as the highest grossing solo touring artist, so she's far from "unimportant".

I also said that (contrary to popular belief) she does write her own music and that there is video evidence of Pat Leonard and William Orbit on youtube stating she is very creative and what a marvel she is to work with. Prince might've wrote his own music (but like many other artists, he has also released his "fair share of rubbish"), His last billboard #1 was "Cream" in 1991. Ironically, Michael Jackson's last billboard #1 was "You Are Not Alone" in 95 which was written by R.Kelly. This guy seems to think that artists who don't write their own music aren't credible and don't deserve their success. Strange how he always bashes Madonna but never artists like Elvis who was said to have never written a song all by himself.

Crux,  these idiots that completely try to downplay Madonna constantly make my blood boil.  If they don't like her or her music, fair enough but the lies they spin to discredit her is dreadful and goes on too much.  She has always been a major force and incredibly involved with her music, her song writing and natural talent as a musician is commented on and praised by all those who have worked with her in the studio.   As for being an average dancer,  what a joke.  She moves and dances as well as anyone in the business and still can out dance all of the stars around today.  Plus at her Rebel Heart concerts, the diversity of her audience was amazing.   All ages, genders, etc.  It is just haters who lie about her and accuse her of things that that they praise others for.  As for all this nonsense about people being extra talented because they "write their songs"   well, if the song is garbage and uninspired, who cares. Madonna's songs have remained classics throughout decades. 

I read something similar today about a woman running down Emma Watson for appearing in a revealing top in Vanity Fair.  She claimed that only Madonna once stripped because she was talentless.  Pathetic reasoning and something Madonna fans have to put up with all the time. 

43 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Crux,  these idiots that completely try to downplay Madonna constantly make my blood boil.  If they don't like her or her music, fair enough but the lies they spin to discredit her is dreadful and goes on too much.  She has always been a major force and incredibly involved with her music, her song writing and natural talent as a musician is commented on and praised by all those who have worked with her in the studio.   As for being an average dancer,  what a joke.  She moves and dances as well as anyone in the business and still can out dance all of the stars around today.  Plus at her Rebel Heart concerts, the diversity of her audience was amazing.   All ages, genders, etc.  It is just haters who lie about her and accuse her of things that that they praise others for.  As for all this nonsense about people being extra talented because they "write their songs"   well, if the song is garbage and uninspired, who cares. Madonna's songs have remained classics throughout decades. 

I read something similar today about a woman running down Emma Watson for appearing in a revealing top in Vanity Fair.  She claimed that only Madonna once stripped because she was talentless.  Pathetic reasoning and something Madonna fans have to put up with all the time. 

I totally agree with you, Jan. The lies these people spout as if they were facts makes my head spin.

That person in particular is notorious on message boards for typing up long winded essays about Madonna. He even had multiple accounts on digital spy so he could long in and out of them and agree with his previous posts to make it look like she was hated. He's one of the worst trolls around. Click the link in my post and it'll direct you to Amazon where he's given ALL of her album's nasty reviews. It's the same content in each post about how she's a plagiarist and doesn't have a creative bone in her body. I responded to one of them but he reported me to Amazon and had my comment removed.  The most hilarious thing about this is this troll is a Kylie Minogue / Gaga fan. :lmao: but he keeps it well hidden now though after he was torn to shreds for being a hypocrite.

8 minutes ago, Crux said:

I totally agree with you, Jan. The lies these people spout as if they were facts makes my head spin.

That person in particular is notorious on message boards for typing up long winded essays about Madonna. He even had multiple accounts on digital spy so he could long in and out of them and agree with his previous posts to make it look like she was hated. He's one of the worst trolls around. Click the link in my post and it'll direct you to Amazon where he's given ALL of her album's nasty reviews. It's the same content in each post about how she's a plagiarist and doesn't have a creative bone in her body. I responded to one of them but he reported me to Amazon and had my comment removed.  The most hilarious thing about this is this troll is a Kylie Minogue / Gaga fan. :lmao: but he keeps it well hidden now though after he was torn to shreds for being a hypocrite.

:banghead::rant:    O'h I can't stand him.  What a horrible troll. 

Ed Sheeran - so full of himself.   What is wrong with these stupid girls in Taylor's Girl Squad ? 

Ed Sheeran admits 'it was easy' bedding Taylor Swift's squad

Pop singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is known for writing romantic songs based on personal experiences, but offstage his love life remains a source of mystery and scrutiny.

In a recent interview with Rolling Stone magazine, however, he has revealed that he’s slept with members of Taylor Swift’s famous circle of friends. The musician became friends with Swift after he supported her on her 2013 Red world tour, and admitted that he'd wake up and wonder how he'd managed it.

“I was this 22-year-old awkward British kid going on tour with the biggest artist in America, who has all these famous mates,” he said.

“It was very easy. I would often find myself in situations just kind of waking up and looking over and being like, ‘How the f--- did that happen?'”

11934733_782294788546999_2039111812_n-la

Taylor Swift and friends

So he DID "Bed" them? :vomit:

What the hell were these girls thinking?

36 minutes ago, Crux said:

So he DID "Bed" them? :vomit:

What the hell were these girls thinking?

It's called a "slumber party".  I think he's just "one of the girls"!!

Who would wanna wake up next to that is beyond me!!?

That sounds like a pure PR article written by his team to make his image more virile.  I call bullshit.

13 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

11934733_782294788546999_2039111812_n-la

Everything about that picture is wrong. :vomit:

The face, the hat, the tats...

Seeing and hearing him everywhere.  My God, does he have the media eating out of his hands and praising him up.  

Anyway, seems James Blunt made up that story about Princess Beatrice cutting Ed's face with a sword.  They are annoying by themselves and insufferable when they are together. 

James Blunt has claimed that he and Ed Sheeran made up the story about Princess Beatrice cutting Sheeran’s face with a sword.

It was reported in November that Princess Beatrice had accidentally slashed Sheeran’s face while she pretended to knight Blunt at the Royal Lodge in Windsor.

According to the story, Blunt joked that he wanted to become Sir James. Princess Beatrice then retrieved a ceremonial sword and swung it backwards, accidentally catching Ed Sheeran on the cheek in the process.

However, Blunt has now claimed the whole story is fake. “Ed was drunk, messing around, and he cut himself,” he told ShortList. “We made a fancy story up; people fell for it. It was very embarrassing.”

Asked how much of the Princess Beatrice sword story was made up, Blunt replied: “All of it.”

2016GettyImages-edsheeran-jamesblunt-pri

James Blunt looks like a top model next to him. No wonder he loves hanging out with him.

My god... I will NEVER understand what people see or hear in this man.

The pandering to the Taylor Swift crowd (and what they see in him)...

picgifs-disgust-2333044.gif

The "sleeping around" with Taylor's girl squad...

raw

The mainstream success of his music...

cf4e010.gif

Why this thing is so praised by the industry right now...

giphy.gif

Being shoved down our throats 24/7 on the radio (while so many better can't even get a damn spin)...

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

I mean, that face...

giphy.gif

And those eyes...

raw

wtf. didnt he date taylor? how unclassy he would say such a thing. especially with the woman's march and day etc. 

16 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

2016GettyImages-edsheeran-jamesblunt-pri

Eeek!  James Blunt looks like a model next to him.

I dread to think what Ed will look like when he reaches 40 or 50.

Sam Smith and Ed performing together.....

I think you guys are over estimating him. he's no Adele. maybe I'm missing something for not watching tv, but I feel like this guy just sells a lot, you hear him on the radio, but he's not someone whose important. he's just another sam smith, and look. no one really misses him. I'm worried about the young generations getting older, some getting jobs in journalism, and trying to force those pretentious losers onto our throats when we are getting older so it'll only get worse and there's no escape from them. social media ruined a lot. artists wanting to be "approachable" and "relatable". NO. artists and superstars are special because they're a little weird, either real divas OR very grounded in an authentic way.. or they have something special to say and are a little strange.. these new stars could be our neighbours. theres nothing interesting there

On 3/8/2017 at 0:53 PM, jazzyjan said:

Jazzy, there's this gay guy on youtube from Trinidad who does nothing but downplay madonna as an artist. he's probably 29 or so and pretends to know all about pop culture and praises Janet and gaga and I think he's a big Mariah fan but thinks madonna is like Rihanna and how she's not respected or used other people to get where she is, isn't an artist, stole the ray of light sound from whoever.. he's teaching people in school about pop culture too, so it's tricky as he's forcing his opinion to everyone. he's just criticising everything that makes her special, and his followers all agree with him and blablabla. he's basically wrongly educating a young crowd. the worst. the hate madonna gets is crazy. sometimes I think little monsters got so pressed that they became professional madonna haters, write essays all the time or make videos to "prove" how untalented madonna is. meanwhile, all those other stupid young stars can make their shit music and no one criticises that

20 minutes ago, Crux said:

Sam Smith and Ed performing together.....

:vomit:

5 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

My god... I will NEVER understand what people see or hear in this man.

The pandering to the Taylor Swift crowd (and what they see in him)...

picgifs-disgust-2333044.gif

The "sleeping around" with Taylor's girl squad...

raw

The mainstream success of his music...

cf4e010.gif

Why this thing is so praised by the industry right now...

giphy.gif

Being shoved down our throats 24/7 on the radio (while so many better can't even get a damn spin)...

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

I mean, that face...

giphy.gif

And those eyes...

raw

:lmao:

2 hours ago, Nikki said:

Jazzy, there's this gay guy on youtube from Trinidad who does nothing but downplay madonna as an artist. he's probably 29 or so and pretends to know all about pop culture and praises Janet and gaga and I think he's a big Mariah fan but thinks madonna is like Rihanna and how she's not respected or used other people to get where she is, isn't an artist, stole the ray of light sound from whoever.. he's teaching people in school about pop culture too, so it's tricky as he's forcing his opinion to everyone. he's just criticising everything that makes her special, and his followers all agree with him and blablabla. he's basically wrongly educating a young crowd. the worst. the hate madonna gets is crazy. sometimes I think little monsters got so pressed that they became professional madonna haters, write essays all the time or make videos to "prove" how untalented madonna is. meanwhile, all those other stupid young stars can make their shit music and no one criticises that

Nikki, these anti Madonna fools are so annoying.  They don't even do their research properly.  They let their unhinged crazy hatred of her cause them to write garbage.  Having the press repeat the same garbage makes my blood boil. 

@VogueMusic  Your post is life !  

We both share the same shock and horror of how these nothings become so famous and adored.  

You know how I refer to Ed and Taylor 

Image result for bland and blander

God, I hate saying this but I would rather Taylor than Ed.  At least we can get a sort of laugh at her crazy dancing at awards shows and scoff at how stupid her girl Squad and songs about fake boyfriends are.  That shows how bad Ed is. 

This Ed has more talent, charisma and style.  Mr Ed beats him hands down every day of the week !  

mr ed