IsaacHarris

Beyoncé Thread

586 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mrsz said:

Just watch Beyonce's performance from the Grammys and you'll see why she hadn't won. If you think that it had anything to do with racism it's ridiculous. There are a few thousand people voting, and I guess majority of them are just fed up with pretentiousnesses and self obsession of that woman, and the sick level of praise that she gets everywhere (has anyone seen anything negative about her in the press?). So they officially praise her (otherwise they would be called racists, wouldn't they?) but when they get an opportunity to vote in secret they choose someone modest and down to earth, who doesn't act as if she's a second coming, just to balance things... I think Beyonce is a great singer, but I wouldn't vote for her either. 

She's one of if not the most passive aggressive r&b singers/ mega stars out there today. Will always will go back to the 2009 VMAs when Kayne super trolled Taylor. 'That' solidified what Beyonce is and will always be. It's almost like brace yourself for scalding hot water to get dumped on you in the media if you 'dare' say she's insanely overrated, bland, boring in any way. :# 

2 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

brace yourself for scalding hot water to get dumped on you in the media if you 'dare' say she's insanely overrated, bland, boring in any way. :# 

Precisely. Keep those wicked tongues off of Beysus or face the Lord's fury.

when those people say 'let's not make it about race' make it about race when they say that, LMAOOOOOOO

anyway, she's an entertainer so there - she is living art for freedom - with her messages. and i'm lovin it. i was never into her before and was an occasional fan. i gotta hand it to her though she has people talking - and she doesnt have to over expose herself to do it. 

People thinking that only black people are untitled to feel discriminated :lmao:

I just can't with the level of DELUSION here. 

Latinos right now and immigrants being deported in USA 

Immigrants being attacked and suffering hate in UK 

Spanish immigrants in the EU feeling discriminated 

My husband being discriminated. 

Me being discriminated for years for being gay 

But of course all that matters is the rich and spoiled and absurd Beyonce 

:lol:

Enough,  please.  Bring your racism card to another forum where people is less intelligent. 

46 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

lol Um...while you're def entitled to your opinion, Bey is and will always be Diana Ross/Tuna Turner recycled. 2.0, revisted etc..lol Maybe she's a 'legend' for the Disney teen 'revolution' of the late 90s. 

Spot on

I have just one thing to say at reading some of you and their blind insane worshipping of whatever this bitch does:

JaQgv.gif

Isaac, Diversity123456789 etc be like:

zYTuvv3.gif

Beyawnce bee like:

tumblr_mnh3gclPDR1qzduazo1_500.gif

I be like:

giphy3_zpskdzzrgma.gif

I do wonder now why new fanbases,  maybe society in general, feel the need of being victims.  Gaga fans,  Beyonce fans.  Even Madonna fans.  Years ago we didn't give a damn if she wasn't nominated.  She didn't give a damn.  Now it's all about how unfair is she treated. It irks me.  Madonna herself just go and works harder or provoke even more. 

When something fails,  you get up and work harder.  Being discriminated is SHIT and we all have to stand up and defend whoever is being discriminated. But not in this stupid and absurd situations,  but in real life. 

I  keep reading these Articles about the Grammy's being unfair and racist towards Beyonce....People need to relax with this shit.....she didn't win SO WHAT?! MADONNA didn't win a significant Grammy for an ALBUM or a SONG till 1999!!! ..17 years!!! after she first started on the scene... even though she had the biggest selling albums in the world!..even though she wrote or co-wrote...produced or co-produced most of her music........even though her singles were #1 in the United States and around the world for weeks and weeks....sold millions and millions....were constantly played all over the radio....having 5 #1 singles from one album......did she receive any recognition from the Grammy's....no!
were there countless articles talking about it? No!!....it's life...sometimes you win....sometimes you lose....sometimes it's fair....most times it's not.....I'm sick of hearing about it being a race issue...or this or that...to put this into perspective for you....Beyoncé has won 22 Grammys and has had 62 nominations! so I hardly think they've been unfair to her......BYE!

16 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

I  keep reading these Articles about the Grammy's being unfair and racist towards Beyonce....People need to relax with this shit.....she didn't win SO WHAT?! MADONNA didn't win a significant Grammy for an ALBUM or a SONG till 1999!!! ..17 years!!! after she first started on the scene... even though she had the biggest selling albums in the world!..even though she wrote or co-wrote...produced or co-produced most of her music........even though her singles were #1 in the United States and around the world for weeks and weeks....sold millions and millions....were constantly played all over the radio....having 5 #1 singles from one album......did she receive any recognition from the Grammy's....no!
were there countless articles talking about it? No!!....it's life...sometimes you win....sometimes you lose....sometimes it's fair....most times it's not.....I'm sick of hearing about it being a race issue...or this or that...to put this into perspective for you....Beyoncé has won 22 Grammys and has had 62 nominations! so I hardly think they've been unfair to her......BYE!

:clap::clap: U nailed it. Criminal beyond words Live To Tell and LAP (alone) weren't not just nominated but didn't win! If it was Toilet Swifter, Bey, or even Rihanna they would sweep w/ those songs (even if the end result ended up 1/2 as good)! :/ For years now the Grammys are as low end as Nick Awards, MTV awards, Billboard awards and all the other payola drenched shit shows lol The days of Stevie Wonder, Fleetwood Mac, Paul Simon, Carole King, Aretha etc sweeping ain't ever coming back. 

11 minutes ago, MLVC82 said:

She won 22 Grammys??

:rotfl:

Surely they meant to acknowledge the people who ghostwrite and ghostproduce her material?

She's a Britney or Aguilera as far as musicianship or intelligence goes. But her aura is a carefully constructed sham

11 minutes ago, XXL said:

She won 22 Grammys??

:rotfl:

Surely they meant to acknowledge the people who ghostwrite and ghostproduce her material?

#savesia

235532d96d0bc164ae46663dc9cc.jpg

When is the tour getting a DVD release, & more importantly, which show will be filmed? They better use footage from Düsseldorf cuz that ponytail needs to shown in full HD glory :wow:

tumblr_oa8shgqhpH1rdp3hpo1_1280.jpg

15 minutes ago, Gus said:

#savesia

235532d96d0bc164ae46663dc9cc.jpg

Save Sia? Okay, what does she look like? 

1 minute ago, IsaacHarris said:

When is the tour getting a DVD release, & more importantly, which show will be filmed? They better use footage from Düsseldorf cuz that ponytail needs to shown in full HD glory :wow:

tumblr_oa8shgqhpH1rdp3hpo1_1280.jpg

Damn. Those sure are some THICK legs.

Just now, Lucky Star One said:

Damn. Those sure are some THICK legs.

Yes Gawd!!! Those thighs are certified, double-wide, & Southern Fried!

🎶Her daddy? Alabama. Mama? Louisiana. 🎶

I like how Bey is playing the victim when she didn't even comment on this issue yet when Madonna calls herself a victim of ageism and sexism, she's "a Goddess, brave, serving tea" blah blah blah. You can't have it both ways.

The fact is, she got a shit ton of awards when she was doing safe, mainstream shit. The moment she started to rock the boat she started getting snubbed. Happened in 2013 and in 2016. Both times with some of the most exciting, well-made pop music of this decade. What is the lesson here? "If you're black, you can be successful as long as you're playing the game. But if you dare to do something thought provoking, get ready to be snubbed". Same with Kendrick, ALSO twice. Same type of articles and thinkpieces. Did he pay for them too, ala Bey?

As I've said in the previous thread, Grammys are a joke anyway. I 100% agree that a better album should win. Can you honestly say that 25 was a better album tho? (I was rooting for ANTI, actually). Why did they go for that choice? Because Adele is popular (same as Bey) and safe (Bey usually is, but not this time). Why did Rihanna get nothing? Why did Kendrick get nothing? Madonna? Bowie? Etc. Because they weren't safe. They were rocking the boat. But for a lot of people in America, being black is already a reason big enough to be seen as transgressive.

To those of you who deny that racism is the issue here, have you even been to America? If you haven't yet, how can you be so sure you're right? Sounds pretty ignorant to me. But then again, after people here agreeing that "stupid niggers" should get education if they "don't wanna be shot", nothing really surprises me. Talking about being "less intelligent".

Oh, and did anybody really say that only black people are entitled to feel like they're not being treated equally? Show me the receipts or STFU, honestly.

15 minutes ago, Lucky Star One said:

Save Sia? Okay, what does she look like? 

d923639a0cf767a87ea30d96681e0a39.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aime said:

I like how Bey is playing the victim when she didn't even comment on this issue yet when Madonna calls herself a victim of ageism and sexism, she's "a Goddess, brave, serving tea" blah blah blah. You can't have it both ways.

The fact is, she got a shit ton of awards when she was doing safe, mainstream shit. The moment she started to rock the boat she started getting snubbed. Happened in 2013 and in 2016. Both times with some of the most exciting, well-made pop music of this decade. What is the lesson here? "If you're black, you can be successful as long as you're playing the game. But if you dare to do something thought provoking, get ready to be snubbed". Same with Kendrick, ALSO twice. Same type of articles and thinkpieces. Did he pay for them too, ala Bey?

As I've said in the previous thread, Grammys are a joke anyway. I 100% agree that a better album should win. Can you honestly say that 25 was a better album tho? (I was rooting for ANTI, actually). Why did they go for that choice? Because Adele is popular (same as Bey) and safe (Bey usually is, but not this time). Why did Rihanna get nothing? Why did Kendrick get nothing? Madonna? Bowie? Etc. Because they weren't safe. They were rocking the boat. But for a lot of people in America, being black is already a reason big enough to be seen as transgressive.

To those of you who deny that racism is the issue here, have you even been to America? If you haven't yet, how can you be so sure you're right? Sounds pretty ignorant to me. But then again, after people here agreeing that "stupid niggers" should get education if they "don't wanna be shot", nothing really surprises me. Talking about being "less intelligent".

Oh, and did anybody really say that only black people are entitled to feel like they're not being treated equally? Show me the receipts or STFU, honestly.

Sis, WHY engage those that chose to remain comfortably ignorant. Instead, LET'S DANCE:

44 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:clap::clap: U nailed it. Criminal beyond words Live To Tell and LAP (alone) weren't not just nominated but didn't win! If it was Toilet Swifter, Bey, or even Rihanna they would sweep w/ those songs (even if the end result ended up 1/2 as good)! :/ For years now the Grammys are as low end as Nick Awards, MTV awards, Billboard awards and all the other payola drenched shit shows lol The days of Stevie Wonder, Fleetwood Mac, Paul Simon, Carole King, Aretha etc sweeping ain't ever coming back. 

THANK YOU

5 minutes ago, IsaacHarris said:

Sis, WHY engage those that chose to remain comfortably ignorant. Instead, LET'S DANCE:

B'Day, BEYONCE or Lemonade? I can never choose.

We're discussing the Lemonade album and what it represents and what it stands for. The Grammys not acknowledging that is fucked up. Bey's lost album of the year before. The reason why Lemonade has people talking is because it should've been recognized for the state in which America is in now. 

The Grammys probably did this on purpose. People are finally talking about that shitty award show now. 

And one oppression is not bigger than another oppression. One discrimination is not bigger than another discrimination. This album just happens to be about the black female experience. Why don't you create one about being a gay white male?

19 minutes ago, Aime said:

💯 :clap:

Madonna commented on ageism TEN YEARS LATER after it started and when she was fed up.  

Now are we comparing REAL FIGHT AND STAMINA from Madonna to this emotionally retard sub par starlet???????? 

And reading some comments is as if Lemonade was the new speech by Malcom X :lmao:

Ugh she's so REDUCTIVE.  Generation Disney indeed.