IsaacHarris

Beyoncé Thread

711 posts in this topic

Santana is great and he knows the damn fucking truth! Eat shit Beyonca, eat fucking shit. 

What Beyoncé Won Was Bigger Than a Grammy

"If you are a black person who does not try to be palatable for a white audience, but instead focuses on your own culture and experience, this is seen as a transgressive act. If you are a woman who does not try to make work that is appealing to a male audience, this is also seen as a transgressive act," Myles Johnson writes in The New York Times Opinion Section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/opinion/what-beyonce-won-was-bigger-than-a-grammy.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

:clap::clap::clap:

Santana is an idiot, Bey is just as much a singer as Adele, is he fucking kidding? Her performance was moving, artistic, amazing, and iconic. And Lemonade absolutely should have won album of the year, period. IMO lol Adele said what she could, and made an incredible and iconic gesture. She could have said more maybe. Beyonce is a legend, with the incredible talent and visuals and stage presence to back it all up. She is the only star to have arisen since Madonna that can be held to M's standard of showmanship and class and artistry in pop. Queen B! 

I would hate Beyonce fans to have lived through award shows through the decades like Madonna fans have.  Seeing her not even get nominated while nobodies got multiple nominations and wins.  Madonna never seemed to have cared though so it just was part of the course.  Instead we celebrated when she ever did win anything.  Also never expected other singers to cry and carry on that Madonna should have won and wanted her to get the award instead. .. Would have found that patronising and grand standing, just as I found Adele. 

2 hours ago, Django said:

Santana is great and he knows the damn fucking truth! Eat shit Beyonca, eat fucking shit. 

Indeed.  

Santana is one of the best musicians ever. 

About time some big name tells the truth. Enough with the nonsense. 

49 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Santana is an idiot, Bey is just as much a singer as Adele, is he fucking kidding? Her performance was moving, artistic, amazing, and iconic. And Lemonade absolutely should have won album of the year, period. IMO lol Adele said what she could, and made an incredible and iconic gesture. She could have said more maybe. Beyonce is a legend, with the incredible talent and visuals and stage presence to back it all up. She is the only star to have arisen since Madonna that can be held to M's standard of showmanship and class and artistry in pop. Queen B! 

:lmao:

Please tell me you are mimicking a crazy delude ten year old fan. 

2 hours ago, jaron said:

What Beyoncé Won Was Bigger Than a Grammy

"If you are a black person who does not try to be palatable for a white audience, but instead focuses on your own culture and experience, this is seen as a transgressive act. If you are a woman who does not try to make work that is appealing to a male audience, this is also seen as a transgressive act," Myles Johnson writes in The New York Times Opinion Section.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/opinion/what-beyonce-won-was-bigger-than-a-grammy.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

:clap::clap::clap:

Race 

Race 

Race 

Always race.  

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

:lmao:

Please tell me you are mimicking a crazy delude ten year old fan. 

haha I'm not, I love her. There's none of her contemporaries you can compare her to. She's worlds beyond Gags and Katy and Britney. She is a remarkable vocal talent, slays on stage every time, and has been at it for 20 years. She deserved to win album of the year for Lemonade, and she deserved it for self titled as well, imo, over Becks wonderful album that no one listened to. 

The most overhyped, overrated, ass-kissed solo 'artist' in modern history is a black female yet racism prevented her from getting one of those awards where people self-congratulate endlessly.

How tragic..! 🤔

7 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Race 

Race 

Race 

Always race.  

Being able to ignore race is a privilege. 

58 minutes ago, MichaelDieker said:

Being able to ignore race is a privilege. 

Exactly. That comes from a place of priveledge 

Should we step carefully around her because of her age then? 

Should we shower her with 10 more awards because she's black? 

And of course, if instead of Adele it had been a man who had swept the awards, it would have been because she's a woman.

If it had been a teenager, it's because she's older. 

There's always an excuse with her. 

Well, i don't like victims. I like proactive strong independet persons.

Privilege :rotfl:

Oh, how i wish i had privilege. 

1 minute ago, Diversity83 said:

Exactly. That comes from a place of priveledge 

there is racism of course, but NOT IN MUSIC SHOWS LIKE THE GRAMMYS where girls who have 40 co writers and producers win 22 grammies, while real artists are ignored

GET IT RIGHT

She's a useless turd who hires a horde of writers in writing camps, releases albums with zero singles and lots of hype and yet, because a bestselling artist with a monster hit single gets the Grammys is because of racism :lol:

And if you don't agree, you are privileged :rotfl:

Oh dear... 

this thread turned out into clashes of racists....got leave it. not my cup of tea

YES, lemonade is an important album for a lot of people and its a cultural moment we haven't seen in a while so I do think she deserved it. but at the same time I can't stand the absolute ass licking and race excuse for a woman who has 22 grammies and whose husband with his shitty music (filled with samples) has another 21. theres no way they can use the race card. the people just preferred Adele. simple.

the way they ignored bowie and continue to ignore Bjork is a shame. you know the award bowie got before he died? ALBUM PACKAGING award. while beyonce won 10 awards for some RnB track someone else wrote for her. 

you know whats gonna happen now? the grammys are gonna reward any album beyonce makes next and give her the top award just because they feel they need to, even if it sucks. they'll now feel obligated and instead of focusing on the MUSIC, they'll focus on being politically correct

If the album didn't discuss race and if we didn't live in the time we live in then no one would be discussing race. But we are and it is what it is. You not acknowledging that is you coming from a place of priveledge. Go listen to Adele, cut down a tree, and visit the White House. Bye

2 hours ago, karbatal said:

Race 

Race 

Race 

Always race.  

Well, that's how it is for a black person in America. Just because you, as a white man living in Europe, can't relate it doesn't mean it's not true.

Just watch Beyonce's performance from the Grammys and you'll see why she hadn't won. If you think that it had anything to do with racism it's ridiculous. There are a few thousand people voting, and I guess majority of them are just fed up with pretentiousnesses and self obsession of that woman, and the sick level of praise that she gets everywhere (has anyone seen anything negative about her in the press?). So they officially praise her (otherwise they would be called racists, wouldn't they?) but when they get an opportunity to vote in secret they choose someone modest and down to earth, who doesn't act as if she's a second coming, just to balance things... I think Beyonce is a great singer, but I wouldn't vote for her either. 

ironically I never see her on the charts?

55 minutes ago, Aime said:

Well, that's how it is for a black person in America. Just because you, as a white man living in Europe, can't relate it doesn't mean it's not true.

THIS!

Some of yall do a WHOLE LOT of talking & yet, say nothing. Where are the JAMS? This is the YONCÉ thread after all;

4 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

Beyonce is a legend, with the incredible talent and visuals and stage presence to back it all up. She is the only star to have arisen since Madonna that can be held to M's standard of showmanship.

BEY IS THE ONLY HEIR.

SHE'S LEADER OF THE PACK.

THE ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL:

4 hours ago, MichaelDieker said:

lol Um...while you're def entitled to your opinion, Bey is and will always be Diana Ross/Tuna Turner recycled. 2.0, revisted etc..lol Maybe she's a 'legend' for the Disney teen 'revolution' of the late 90s.