MadonnaNation.com Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roland Barthes

Living for love at the Brits 2015

I finally managed to watch it again after having witnessed it live and since then i just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I avoided reruns on tv (that went on non stop for 48h). 

Her voice was so good ! What could have been a disaster and low point in her career she immediately turned it into a glorious high point by geting back on her two feet and finishing the performance with guts and passion. "I'M GONNA CARRY ON" she's yelling with aplomb and she fucking means it. What a lesson ! 

I was so scared to watch it again because it really scared me for her when i saw it live but instead watching it today empowered me. Her drive is contagious.

Orion    0

One of her most symbolic and empowering performances! 

:inlove:

luluthecat    0

I can't watch it. It's way too uppsetting for me. Such a shame she didn't repeat the performance during other promo spots as minus the fall it was the perfect rendition of Living For Love. I hate that she used a promo-only remix to promote it everywhere else - couldn't see the logic in that. 

Jazzy Jan    0
2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I finally managed to watch it again after having witnessed it live and since then i just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I avoided reruns on tv (that went on non stop for 48h). 

Her voice was so good ! What could have been a disaster and low point in her career she immediately turned it into a glorious high point by geting back on her two feet and finishing the performance with guts and passion. "I'M GONNA CARRY ON" she's yelling with aplomb and she fucking means it. What a lesson ! 

I was so scared to watch it again because it really scared me for her when i saw it live but instead watching it today empowered me. Her drive is contagious.

Roland,  It is a performance that every star should see.  Madonna being yanked by her cape, having a dreadful fall that would have shook anybody up and she gets back up and performs her heart out.  Epitomises exactly what she is as a person and performer.  With all of the over-rated performers today who get credit and praise for just about anything,  she is a beacon of light.  Inspiring and original as a person, singer and performer. 

tuckeye    0

it is inspiring and powerful. so much courage. 

Nora    0

Yes others should take note.

So amazing how she kept going! What a star! :)

3 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Roland,  It is a performance that every star should see.  Madonna being yanked by her cape, having a dreadful fall that would have shook anybody up and she gets back up and performs her heart out.  Epitomises exactly what she is as a person and performer.  With all of the over-rated performers today who get credit and praise for just about anything,  she is a beacon of light.  Inspiring and original as a person, singer and performer. 

:clap:

Mmmmm    0
4 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

IMG_2686.GIF

spotlight    0

This is how a performance fuck up should be handled. Adèle asking for a start over at the Grammys lastnight was unacceptable.

loowee    0

I'm just glad she sang live. Imagine the humiliation if she was lipsyncing or using heavy backing track!

caba1    0
11 hours ago, luluthecat said:

I can't watch it. It's way too uppsetting for me. Such a shame she didn't repeat the performance during other promo spots as minus the fall it was the perfect rendition of Living For Love. I hate that she used a promo-only remix to promote it everywhere else - couldn't see the logic in that. 

I was obsessed with Living For Love in 2015 and hated that remix. Same with the tour version. The real version is so powerful and they completely ruined.

I think they promoted the remix because it's an awkward song for a small stage. It needs a lot of production.

Pedro    0

She literally took the Minotaur by its horns. 

It was a terrifying moment that became a testament of what kind of human, artist and woman she is. 

Iconic! 

Loved that she used the cape in the RHT making it so powerful. 

Someone posted an amazing picture of the fall that looks like a classic Spanish painting, very dramatic but very impactful and impressive. 

Something like this but the painting effect was more dramatic:

IMG_4501.JPG

loowee    0
2 hours ago, caba1 said:

I was obsessed with Living For Love in 2015 and hated that remix. Same with the tour version. The real version is so powerful and they completely ruined.

I think they promoted the remix because it's an awkward song for a small stage. It needs a lot of production.

It was her first actual promo run since 2005 and she promoted her comeback single using a fucking dance remix that isn't even available for purchase. A MESS.

I think it's probably the most iconic and memorable television performance she's had since the Confessions era. At least in terms of the general public knowing it. And it's one of the most important performances of her career in my opinion. Anyone and everyone who's watched her fall VOCALLY cringes when they see it unfold. I mean, that looked like one hell of a tumble. And for a 56 year old woman to get up, brush her self off, and literally keep going without missing much of a beat is a testament of how fucking hard she works at everything she does. She's a god damn machine. 

pjcowley    0
13 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Well said!

:clap::clap::clap:

Butter9    0

One of her greatest performances ever . The strenght of this woman is just beyond amazing . 

Dr Lecter    0

Love

cant stand watching that bit I prefer the footage from the crowd where it doesn't look as bad

and the fucking press and public who still insist she fell. Fools 

WHAT A WOMAN. If thy was me on the dancefloor I'd still be on the floor 

caba1    0
2 hours ago, loowee said:

It was her first actual promo run since 2005 and she promoted her comeback single using a fucking dance remix that isn't even available for purchase. A MESS.

*and the remix wasn't even good or dancey :provoke:

Pedro    0
1 hour ago, Dr Lecter said:

Love

cant stand watching that bit I prefer the footage from the crowd where it doesn't look as bad

and the fucking press and public who still insist she fell. Fools 

WHAT A WOMAN. If thy was me on the dancefloor I'd still be on the floor 

You can see in that shot how in the end everyone went to see how she was...

scamper    0

I remember when this thing happened and I was very surprised with something.

Now, as Madonna fans, know how it works for everything and things like that but general public doesn't really know (or just don't wanna know). When something happens to Madonna my whatsapp is all day full of messages of my friends. This time was like:

Wow! Did you see Madonna??? She showed she's a professional

Wow! Did you see Madonna??? Didn't know she sings, I thought she always do playback...

Things like that. I was like "WTF? She's a professional from day one. She couldn't be there for more than 30 years if she wasn't" or "Of course she can sing live".

Like loowee said, I'm happy that she was singing live. If not it would have been like "See??? Madonna doesn't know how to sing and needs playback".

Forget Like A Virgin MTVA' 84!

Forget Vogue MTVA' 90!

Forget The Kiss!

The Brits 2015 was Madonna best tv performance ever! I love it!

Pedro    0

Other testament of how professional and how self conscious of her art and how she looks, is that in this coreography there were a couple of dance steps that she didn't quite get and she looked heavy, she took them out immediately for the tour. She knows exactly whats good for her, this is praising her, as other artists don't have the ability to autocritique themselves. 

timjub    0
22 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Other testament of how professional and how self conscious of her art and how she looks, is that in this coreography there were a couple of dance steps that she didn't quite get and she looked heavy, she took them out immediately for the tour. She knows exactly whats good for her, this is praising her, as other artists don't have the ability to autocritique themselves. 

Yes, and we also saw the many improvements between the Grammy performance and the Brit Awards, the second one being much better!