MadonnaNation.com Forums

3 minutes ago, promise to try said:

and Bowie 0!!!!

anyways, the more I think about it, with all the "new prince´s" that we have, like dángelo, brunmo mars...no.But I´m happy that his new single is selling.I don´t like it, but I´m happy for him

They resolved that last night, Bowie won 4 Grammys of 4 noms last night, I don't know if the album is good or not but it's obviously that they felt ashamed and awarded him.

6 hours ago, jjmor95 said:

Glad The Chainsmokers didn't get Best New Artist. Way too overhyped.

That trophy is cursed I wish they did . 

1 hour ago, tuckeye said:

#justiceforbieber

Hasn't he sold more than Beyoncé? 

I seriously think he should have won one of the big ones. He was robbed! Not saying it's cause of sales, it's because he gave us brilliant songs imo! 

Wow.....  what the FUCK was that? 

Seriously, no one knows the art of performance anymore. No star power anymore. I mean, how utterly boring is music these days...?

The industry is dead.

And jesus FUCK, what was with all the Beyonce ass kissing last night? I mean, c'mon...I'll give it up to her when she deserves it, but sorry, Crystal Light and Formation Nation ain't it. First of all, that performance...get. the. fuck. outta. here. Bitch please. And the ass kissing from Adele...girl, just stop. You won, and you deserved it (even if your music is boring as shit). Stop kissing that heifer's ass. Was like a fucking Scientology meeting. Seriously, the blind worship is starting to get weird.

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wish Bruno Mars was dead and Prince made a tribute to him....even though he probably wouldn't have. Talk about being litteral...but Bruno Mars is the male gaga, litteral in stealing from others.

And that Bee Gees tribute was something out of a sunday afternoon italian tv show from the 90's

I dont get the hype and love that everyone has to him. Hes such an overrated one. Just like Gaga.

4 hours ago, jaron said:

I dont get the hype and love that everyone has to him. Hes such an overrated one. Just like Gaga.

+1000 

lol well fuck me, what artist would u make an award show for then?!?!? LMAO

seems like everyone hates everyone in here. 

I'm sorry, but there's no way in any kind of reality that Adele deserved album of year over Beyonce'. No fucking way. My personal thoughts on either of them or their respective albums aside, objectively, Bey had the superior album by FAR. While I 25 was a nice album, it wasn't close to being her best, let alone to have been bestowed with album of the year. 

Say what you will about Lemonade, but I think it was robbed.  

gaga's voice was really good i must admit ,her stage presence though was really bad..as expected

1 hour ago, KalamazooJay said:

I'm sorry, but there's no way in any kind of reality that Adele deserved album of year over Beyonce'. No fucking way. My personal thoughts on either of them or their respective albums aside, objectively, Bey had the superior album by FAR. While I 25 was a nice album, it wasn't close to being her best, let alone to have been bestowed with album of the year. 

Say what you will about Lemonade, but I think it was robbed.  

I love both but totally agree with you. Lemonade wasnt a safe option for an album like Adeles. Personally I preferred Beys but i'm glad Adele said they would share I would've too. 

The celebration of mediocrity through and through.

Even Adele knew who should have won ATOY... Critics and GP would agree. But Yoncé won some others and got praise everywhere so it's not like she left totally empty handed.

CBS has something to smile about this morning: Sunday’s night broadcast of the 2017 Grammy Awardswas the award show’s most-watched telecast since 2014.

According to the network, the 59th Annual Grammy Awards drew in 26.05 million viewers and 7.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. These number are up 4 percent and 1 percent, respectively, from last year’s ceremony, which was viewed by 25 million, making it the lowest-rated telecast in six years.

However, this year’s show couldn’t best the 2014 broadcast, which scored 28.5 million viewers. At the time, that was the Grammys second-largest audience in 21 years.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/13/grammys-ratings-2017/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Beyoncé couldn't win album of the year because 1/ it's a visual album, without the videos it's a m.o.r album and 2/ too much controversies with credits surrounding her.

Anti was robbed though. 

does anyone know where this can be watched?

Oh, The Time killed it though.  The ONLY redeeming moment of the show.

17 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Oh, The Time killed it though.  The ONLY redeeming moment of the show.

I thought it was weird of them to do their own songs during a Prince tribute even if he worked on them

1 hour ago, le smoking said:

I thought it was weird of them to do their own songs during a Prince tribute even if he worked on them

I don't see anything wrong with it. Prince wrote all that stuff, developed the group, and they have the actual personal connection going back to the very beginning (if not long before)...and they were recreating the early gigs where The Time would open for Prince. I thought it was very fitting.

How was Formation nominated for the song and the record of the year? It makes no sense.

I agree. Nominating the album is one thing but that song in particular is not award worthy. I guess they didn't want to be called racist.

1 hour ago, kokot said:

How was Formation nominated for the song and the record of the year? It makes no sense.

She can get nominations even when songs are not officially released as singles or in some categories which she doesn't belong to (btw, Willie nelson nominated in the traditional pop vocal category???)... its like Barbra Streisand is always locked for a nomination in the Traditional Pop Vocal album category but never wins... (which if Tony Benett was to be nominated, the award will go to him)...they are just there to "sort of" round up the list of nominees...

the other thing I feel is that if Beyonce releases anything, it deems to be like "BEST" and "she has to get the top award" because this is "so artistic", so out of this world...e.g. when she lost the Best Female Video to Taylor Swift... It seemed like a conspiracy of some sort... 

beyonce causes controversy even when she doesnt even try, lol. wtf. 

8 minutes ago, lasky said:

She can get nominations even when songs are not officially released as singles or in some categories which she doesn't belong to (btw, Willie nelson nominated in the traditional pop vocal category???)... its like Barbra Streisand is always locked for a nomination in the Traditional Pop Vocal album category but never wins... (which if Tony Benett was to be nominated, the award will go to him)...they are just there to "sort of" round up the list of nominees...

t

did she win?

3 hours ago, kokot said:

Apparently she wasn't even on the shortlists for those categories but they made exceptions for her

1 hour ago, promise to try said:

did she win?

Nope, Willie Nelson won.

Best performance Gary Clark Jr. & William Bell

Glad that overrated Beyonce didn't win