MadonnaNation.com Forums

Go Katy!! Hope this video slays and this 'somehow' sneaks in a week at #1 

Oh anyone know when the callout scores come out? In all likelihood that determine its fate on radio. 

I love that she has a validation machine in the amusement park in her video.  Let Katy start the discourse about how some certain pop stars and their fans have a need for constant validation.  (cough Gunt cough)

Epic video tbh. 

There are SO many hidden messages.

The POC couple being launched over the big fence (Trump anyone?)

The black man and asian woman falling on the wheel with the next scene showing a comfortable white family in their living room

The "Bombs Away" ride in the background while she sings "thought we could do better than that"

Katy drinking from the glass at the Inferno gas station while singing "drink, this one is on me" (Flint?)

The American dream drop ride sign is basically pointing downwards and the ride basically ending their lives

How many hours will it take for the video to get more views than John Wayne?

51 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Love the video!

Katy does it again !   @Flip The Switch  she has proven us both right yet again, she makes the best video clips after Madonna !    This is colourful, original, interesting and has a great message.  Katy is beautiful.  The song keeps getting better and better with each listen as well. 

giphy.gif

that video !!!!!

its soooo biteful !!!!!!!!

I smell some subliminal messages. Need to analyse it later.

Now I just wanna enjoy the video

AMAZING video. Some messages are pretty obvious but I think I'm still missing some hidden ones. Gotta re-watch!

Yes like

American Dream Drop

Selfie focused girls

Visually stunning!!

Nice video, but...

37 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Katy does it again !   @Flip The Switch  she has proven us both right yet again, she makes the best video clips after Madonna !    This is colourful, original, interesting and has a great message.  Katy is beautiful.  The song keeps getting better and better with each listen as well. 

I'm really sorry jazzy, but I think this is way too exaggerated. What about all the visual artists from the 70's / 80's / 90's who helped define the medium in the first place and/or challenged its boundaries? E.g. Bjork or Michael Jackson instantly come to my mind. Considering their impact and influence, I would never put Katy before these. This is not meant as harsh criticism or anything by the way, I just think it's not really fair to put her on such a high pedestal yet.

23 minutes ago, Nonoka said:

Nice video, but...

I'm really sorry jazzy, but I think this is way too exaggerated. What about all the visual artists from the 70's / 80's / 90's who helped define the medium in the first place and/or challenged its boundaries? E.g. Bjork or Michael Jackson instantly come to my mind. Considering their impact and influence, I would never put Katy before these. This is not meant as harsh criticism or anything by the way, I just think it's not really fair to put her on such a high pedestal yet.

Nonoka,  you are right but I just personally love Katy's videos.  They capture what great pop videos are about and she reminds me of Madonna in that way though obviously Katy is not as ground breaking or artistic as Madonna.    I could watch Madonna's videos over and over and notice that when others do, ( when Rave was on that used to play them all in a row )  they are captivated by her.  The videos are so different from each one and hold our interest completely.  I just think Katy has that similar quality with videos and why I rave about her videos so much. 

The video is superb 

Omg this woman finally won me.  I'm going to swim to Katy's shore! 

Really enjoyed the video too. 

It's pretty easy to like.

Love the video.

It reflects the lyrics of the song perfectly.

Katy has some good videos, but I wouldn't say she's anywhere near M's league. This one is cute/interesting. I like it. But it's no "Express Yourself," "Open Your Heart," "Vogue," "Frozen," etc. 

I think the video will definitely help the single. Seems like something people will watch over and over to catch little things they missed.

lol the thought of Katy being close to madonna when it comes to videos.. I can't agree with that ;)

but I like the video for CTTR because on first sight it may look like a happy and simple pop video to some people, while others see the political references. so in that way, it is madonna inspired because you can't take it at face value. I also like that she isn't pretentious and doesn't take herself too seriously.

Finally someone worthy of carrying M's torch.

089bc0716fcf6c79ffd3c807491a4ef6.jpg

4 minutes ago, mnino said:

Finally someone worthy of carrying M's torch.

089bc0716fcf6c79ffd3c807491a4ef6.jpg

I really think it's Rihanna. imagine if she was a better performer and more creative.. she has the charisma, the je ne sais quoi attitude