MadonnaNation.com Forums

53 minutes ago, Django said:

It is so much better than Roar and Roar was a huge hit. I hope it becomes one.

We ALL do lol and most are not understanding why it's not doing at least a bit better on iTunes. I think Roar was much more gimmicky but that 'eye of the tiger' lyric/bridge and overall sound was an instant home run with the GP. Even w/ the few flaws I've mentioned, CTTR imo is way more catchy and instant so still baffled why it's not being eaten up esp. in the US. 

11 hours ago, Lucky Star One said:

VIDEO PREVIEW!!! PREMIERE IS TUESDAY!!! :tigger:

The concept looks great. The announcer voice is George Takei (Sulu of Star Trek).

She seriously has the best videos after M.

5 hours ago, Django said:

It is so much better than Roar and Roar was a huge hit. I hope it becomes one.

+1 

Roar was like a rehash of all her hits. This CTTR sounds a little like This is how we do, but I do like it a lot. 

4 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

We ALL do lol and most are not understanding why it's not doing at least a bit better on iTunes. I think Roar was much more gimmicky but that 'eye of the tiger' lyric/bridge and overall sound was an instant home run with the GP. Even w/ the few flaws I've mentioned, CTTR imo is way more catchy and instant so still baffled why it's not being eaten up esp. in the US. 

I think it's a slow burner. It might not reach #1 (although it probably will, especially if the album drops soon and it gets a big boost that week), but I have a feeling it will do well long-term through the spring and summer. It's that kind of song.

I am watching the performance all over again and again. Love the effects.

Its fun to watch her !

51 minutes ago, vocalism said:

I think it's a slow burner. It might not reach #1 (although it probably will, especially if the album drops soon and it gets a big boost that week), but I have a feeling it will do well long-term through the spring and summer. It's that kind of song.

I think the album drops in a while, not soon...

I also think it has a very good chance when the MV comes out. She is the best in videos after M and MJ tbh. 

It will probably do well in the UK since it seems the video has that whole sarcastic Lily Allen thingy that they love so much. 

From what we've the seen (esp w/ George Takai speaking) already looks witty and like another winner. I think her only truly crap video was Birthday. As always, think it will come down to the callout scores but so far radio is loving this song. Long as the great updates continue and the video is above average still an unknown where this will peak. Hoping her team is on it when everything is peaking even if they have to do a quick Gaga for a week or so on iTunes (like almost everyone does when a song is peaking). Unlike Gaga, almost no one leaves a song discounted for 69 cents for 2 weeks and counting lol

I'll stick w/ my prediction and say this will linger around the top 5 for a while (possibly peaking at #3 or even #2) and end up like a 24k Magic success. I think this song would've done better as a future single in the spring/summer vs the winter which is still is.

Don't think the album is coming out for a while which means we'll (hopefully) as usual get the bigger/hotter song for either #2 or #3. Katy has yet to disappoint/underwhelm an entire era. She obviously ain't playing after 9 years. Very confident she's got another 'Dark Horse' coming :D 

6 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

She seriously has the best videos after M.

For sure.  Agree totally with you Flip The Switch.  I think she puts so much work and thought into them and I love that about her..   She is the only artist since Madonna,  that I can gladly watch her video clips many times.  No one of course can match Madonna who I feel has the most wonderful, interesting and varied video clips of all time.  Katy is a huge fan of Madonna and I think she has been inspired by her to make such wonderful music videos which is a major plus in her appeal.  Really looking forward to seeing the full version of this and the quicker she gets it out the better.  

9 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

For sure.  Agree totally with you Flip The Switch.  I think she puts so much work and thought into them and I love that about her..   She is the only artist since Madonna,  that I can gladly watch her video clips many times.  No one of course can match Madonna who I feel has the most wonderful, interesting and varied video clips of all time.  Katy is a huge fan of Madonna and I think she has been inspired by her to make such wonderful music videos which is a major plus in her appeal.  Really looking forward to seeing the full version of this and the quicker she gets it out the better.  

:thumbsup:

Yes. She really is the only one now whose videos I give two shits about lol and creates 'some' kind of suspense and excitement for me. Almost always fun, crafty, not pretentious/super try hard and 'eventful' enough. 

Where can I download a hd video of the grammy award performance ?

Just saw one at vimeo, but  I couldnt dl it :/

Oblivia such a great name 

:clap:

KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm: 64.875 (+ 1.883)

OMGGG , this is amazing , even with the rolling effect , its spins increase ,lol , the song really was accepted by radios , Katy s target is untouchable 
burn gaga

1 hour ago, littleGuzman said:
KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm: 64.875 (+ 1.883)

OMGGG , this is amazing , even with the rolling effect , its spins increase ,lol , the song really was accepted by radios , Katy s target is untouchable 
burn gaga

What do these numbers mean???   

that she gained airplay even though her radio deal finished just 2 days ago

Chained to the Rhythm is so good taht i'm actually for once looking forward to the album, in the past i was only interested in the singles, the rest was just filler

Dispite her initial huge success I think she is still yet to fully express her potential, differently from other female artists of recent years

26 minutes ago, littleGuzman said:

:thumbsup:Thx gangbang

Go Katy!

I like the song.The only song I really liked from her last album was Birthday, so I hope there are more like this new single.That saud, the single is down to 8 on itunres US, even lower than million discounts or bruno´s new one.This song needs the video out now!

Omg she is gaining in airplay despite the rolling effect

The queen of american radios, really :clap:

I want Inferno H2O asap !!!!

On 2/18/2017 at 6:28 PM, jazzyjan said:

Totally agree on this. 🤗

21 hours ago, promise to try said:

I like the song.The only song I really liked from her last album was Birthday, so I hope there are more like this new single.That saud, the single is down to 8 on itunres US, even lower than million discounts or bruno´s new one.This song needs the video out now!

It's coming out tomorrow.

Can't wait for the video, she needs this ASAP to push sales. Love that she's gaining popularity on radio.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:52 AM, cardiganstarlet said:

^^reminds me of roisin murphy

but with better teeth

On 19/02/2017 at 2:17 PM, littleGuzman said:

The mark of a true Queen!

I hope Katy's new album smashes it! :wow: