Orion

Katy Perry thread

953 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Follow him on instagram. He's absolutely wonderful. You can tell because as much as he's a true professional, he's also a fan of a lot of these artists he's worked with (and he's worked with the best!).

:thumbsup: thanks for the tip. I will. :thumbsup:

Heard it twice today on NY radio......

i am in love with her song. so addictive! 

Geez the song is still not doing much on iTunes in the US :/ Actually doing better in other major markets. For the most part I've read mainly positive comments on the song so...not sure what's going on exactly. Just not having much impact. Fortunately radio seems to be loving it for now but I'm a bit concerned on what the callout scores will be. That could change things instantly.

I've already made my few critiques of the song clear but, again, those things aren't reasons enough for the song to be doing lukewarm in sales. It's *catchy, def an ear worm and pleasant to listen to so..don't quite get it. Even w/ the production needing some tweaking it's still absolutely better than most of the gunk out there now and obviously way better than the Ed and Taylor bland shit on a stick songs. 

4 hours ago, just!ce said:

i am in love with her song. so addictive! 

It's growing on me, too.

KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm: 63.205 (+ 8.533) 

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Geez the song is still not doing much on iTunes in the US :/ Actually doing better in other major markets. For the most part I've read mainly positive comments on the song so...not sure what's going on exactly. Just not having much impact. Fortunately radio seems to be loving it for now but I'm a bit concerned on what the callout scores will be. That could change things instantly.

I've already made my few critiques of the song clear but, again, those things aren't reasons enough for the song to be doing lukewarm in sales. It's *catchy, def an ear worm and pleasant to listen to so..don't quite get it. Even w/ the production needing some tweaking it's still absolutely better than most of the gunk out there now and obviously way better than the Ed and Taylor bland shit on a stick songs. 

It's been Top 5 since it was released and is camped out at #3 behind the Sheeran song and the half-price 50 Shades song (which has the benefit of two fan bases buying it). Am I missing something?

10 minutes ago, vocalism said:

It's been Top 5 since it was released and is camped out at #3 behind the Sheeran song and the half-price 50 Shades song (which has the benefit of two fan bases buying it). Am I missing something?

Its a brand new Katy Perry song. First one in 3.5 years. It's getting generally positive feedback overall. It didn't come close to iTunes #1 out of the gate which almost every mega star now does...even for a little bit. I never said it's flopping. But we're talking about a mega A list superstar who is one of if not the most successful female this decade (Katy, Taylor and Rihanna) It's basically those 3.

Yes the video still is coming out but clearly enough people (esp her fanbase and the GP) by now 'know' she has a new song out. Looking #1 may only happen if the video is impactful, continued great airplay gains and streaming of course. Don't think sales are gonna cut it. Looking like 24k Magic all over again. 

8 hours ago, Orion said:

KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm: 63.205 (+ 8.533) 

poor gaga

That new song of hers song is still tired as hell BUT that Grammy performance? Cute! The visuals were on point & her look was fab. :wow:

Finally gave Katy's song a few listens yesterday.  It's o.k....kind of catchy.  I'm just not a fan of her voice/style of singing.

I quite like Katy's new song. The verses are a little clunky but it's catchy enough, maybe not first single material though. I see that even her cute little lyric video has nearly 22million views! Queen of Spotify! Queen of Youtube! Queen of Vevo!

iTunes doesn't mean shit in 2017 anymore. Unless you have a HUGE lead at #1 (Gaga's song last week) it's doesn't have much impact on the charts and popularity.

Listening to this song with a proper pair of headphones is :wow:

Time to reveal the video Mrs Perry! 

I hope Katy can keep it up and obliterates the shit that's out there right now with the video and some massive promo. But unfortunately, I think because of her political stance, it won't unless she really pushes the sh*t out of it. That stupid ugly cunt who wore the Trump-dress at the Grammy's went #1 on US iTunes. It lasted awhile. She's going to chart because of it. You couldn't even find her album if you really tried looking for it with a microscope the day before that.

Unfortunately it has come to a point right now where you have to be a complete sell-out with no integrity in order to be huge on the charts. Look at the state of it. Ed Sheeran? No politics. Gaga? Hillary supporter and protesting outside Trump tower right after the election, then quickly backtracking and singing "uniting anthems" at the SuperBowl in order to save face for the idiots, praised because of "keeping politics out of it". Taylor Swift? No politics. The Chainsmokers? No politics. Bruno Mars? No politics. Adele? Spoke ill of Trump at one of her shows, her PR team paid outlets to keep quiet about it afterwards, most people don't know about it.

And while Lemonade got a boost because of the Grammy's, Beyonce's also the #1 artist Trump idiots and other deplorables hate. 

I hope Katy doesn't sell out and can continue her chart success without compromising. 

Loved her Grammy performance. Really cool visual concept and stage setup!

23 hours ago, todsmod said:

Finally gave Katy's song a few listens yesterday.  It's o.k....kind of catchy.  I'm just not a fan of her voice/style of singing.

Same here. 

4 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Me too. 

12 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, jojuun said:

I hope Katy can keep it up and obliterates the shit that's out there right now with the video and some massive promo. But unfortunately, I think because of her political stance, it won't unless she really pushes the sh*t out of it. That stupid ugly cunt who wore the Trump-dress at the Grammy's went #1 on US iTunes. It lasted awhile. She's going to chart because of it. You couldn't even find her album if you really tried looking for it with a microscope the day before that.

Unfortunately it has come to a point right now where you have to be a complete sell-out with no integrity in order to be huge on the charts. Look at the state of it. Ed Sheeran? No politics. Gaga? Hillary supporter and protesting outside Trump tower right after the election, then quickly backtracking and singing "uniting anthems" at the SuperBowl in order to save face for the idiots, praised because of "keeping politics out of it". Taylor Swift? No politics. The Chainsmokers? No politics. Bruno Mars? No politics. Adele? Spoke ill of Trump at one of her shows, her PR team paid outlets to keep quiet about it afterwards, most people don't know about it.

And while Lemonade got a boost because of the Grammy's, Beyonce's also the #1 artist Trump idiots and other deplorables hate. 

I hope Katy doesn't sell out and can continue her chart success without compromising. 

Nope.

MADONNA is #1. 

Beyonce didn't go to the Women's March because she wanted her pregnant photos to be a surprise and because we all know that the first trimester is such a delicate time that you can't stand on a podium to voice your well-acknowledged feminism. 

She was not afraid of a backlash. She kept her integrity.

Go Beyonca!

Chained to the Rhythm debuts at #7 in the UK, it's Katy's 14th top 10 hit

12 hours ago, jojuun said:

Is this really true? I was aware of her comments but can't remember how. Social media probably. It's impossible to keep a lid on things in these times. So even if her PR people paid - who? - FOX News from running a story about it, it would still get out there on those horrible right-wing blogs. Trump supporters thrive on conspiracy theories and fake news and I doubt her camp could keep it a secret for very long.

Also, sad to see CTTR slipping on iTunes. She really does need to release the video ASAP. And an album title and cover and release date. 

17. Chained To The Rhythm: 80.944 (+9.951)

I though that yesterday was the last day of the radio deal , i hope people conect with the song and the rolling effect won t be huge

its time for the video 

6 hours ago, mnino said:

Nope.

MADONNA is #1. 

Beyonce didn't go to the Women's March because she wanted her pregnant photos to be a surprise and because we all know that the first trimester is such a delicate time that you can't stand on a podium to voice your well-acknowledged feminism. 

Go Beyonca!

:lmao:

I'm not a Katy Perry fan but I like the song. I was confused by the Grammy performance. Couldn't tell if I liked the song or not. But then I listened to the song loud on headphones. It's very catchy. The song is a bit too chorus heavy but it still works. It's not a surprise that it didn't shoot to #1 immediately. It would have to sound like the sucky Chain Smokers for that to happen.

9 hours ago, mnino said:

Nope.

MADONNA is #1. 

Go Beyonca!

mnino giving me LIFE !!!!!