Orion

Katy Perry thread

953 posts in this topic

Loved the performance!!! 

For Katy kat, the Grammy performance was decent.

I like the new song. 

9 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

Plus with Katy, she does not get the whole industry and media crawling to her.  She is herself and makes catchy pop music that appeals to people. Does not get all the fake praise.  Reading all the "raves"  about Beyonce with her tuneless self gratifying performance that ripped off Rebel heart.  Then Adele who gets praised as a hero because she started a song again and all of the raving about Gaga.   Preferred Katy to all of them. 

Agree on everything 

The performance had some creative visuals and setting but she needs to work on her live vocals

not usually a fan but her new songs quite good. the instrumental reminds me of "my Jamaican guy" - grace jones 

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm - 46,368 (+9,035)

She's really the queen of radios :clap:

I'm seeing stuff on Twitter that she dissed britney's mental problems? Have the SJWs got their knickers in a twist again or was she out of line?

ps: pic reminds of early Dolly Parton 

Good song

1 hour ago, jonski43 said:

I'm seeing stuff on Twitter that she dissed britney's mental problems? Have the SJWs got their knickers in a twist again or was she out of line?

ps: pic reminds of early Dolly Parton 

I think they were out of line.  She did not mention Britney by name and was responding to questions by Ryan Seacrest about taking time out between albums.  In Hindsight it was not the best terminology to use, ( haven't shaved my head yet )  but must be annoying for stars to have to watch everything they say at all times as everything gets scrutinised and offence is looked for.   By people bringing up Britney's name and focusing on this, they are pulling her into it more and focusing on her past mental problems themselves.   

Happy to see them but not surprised by the great radio updates. No doubt she has a deal. As usual the true test will be after the deal ends and how the callout scores are. Thrilled to see the song is getting some green updates and def stabilizing. Have a feeling it may end up like a 24k by Bruno Mars far as chart performance. Won't flop but probably linger in/around the top 5 for a while. Hope I'm wrong but dunno if this will hit #1. Eds song is just so red hot now. Like Rihanna, if her streaming #s are through the roof she may be able to squeeze a week or so at #1. Her team has almost been pic. perfect with timing so hopefully everything comes out the right week when everything is peaking. 

13 hours ago, tuckeye said:

come on amazing video! and remixes. lovin the new hair color too! 

Yes! Like I said, just hoping the somewhat sluggish start will shift real soon. Needs to be an impactful video and hot remixes. Hope one of the remixes is better than the original and ends up getting airplay. 

3 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Happy to see them but not surprised by the great radio updates. No doubt she has a deal. As usual the true test will be after the deal ends and how the callout scores are. Thrilled to see the song is getting some green updates and def stabilizing. Have a feeling it may end up like a 24k by Bruno Mars far as chart performance. Won't flop but probably linger in/around the top 5 for a while. Hope I'm wrong but dunno if this will hit #1. Eds song is just so red hot now. Like Rihanna, if her streaming #s are through the roof she may be able to squeeze a week or so at #1. Her team has almost been pic. perfect with timing so hopefully everything comes out the right week when everything is peaking. 

That ed song  suxxx. It's verbal diarhiah. I switch it off when I hear it on the radio

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

I think they were out of line.  She did not mention Britney by name and was responding to questions by Ryan Seacrest about taking time out between albums.  In Hindsight it was not the best terminology to use, ( haven't shaved my head yet )  but must be annoying for stars to have to watch everything they say at all times as everything gets scrutinised and offence is looked for.   By people bringing up Britney's name and focusing on this, they are pulling her into it more and focusing on her past mental problems themselves.   

:clap:

1 minute ago, spotlight said:

That ed song  suxxx. It's verbal diarhiah. I switch it off when I hear it on the radio

Lol Oh I DEF agree. Def not a fan or him or his Justin Timberlake lite music. The GP right now loves him though zzz

7 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

The radio deal was just for the first day, the song is gaining on its own now :wink: :clap: I think it will be a 24k Magic kind of hit too :thumbsup:

The song isn't all that bad. I think it's catchy asfuck. I'm sure she has a powerhouse second single just waiting to be unleashed though.

10 minutes ago, spotlight said:

castle on the hill??

such a pretentious song, straight bros love him though because they can identify with his shitty panties

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

castle on the hill??

such a pretentious song, straight bros love him though because they can identify with his shitty panties

The song is called "Im In love with the shape of u" I think... 

1 minute ago, spotlight said:

The song is called "Im In love with the shape of u" I think... 

oh, you're right, he's no with it in Germany, I think he has two songs out right now!

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

oh, you're right, he's no with it in Germany, I think he has two songs out right now!

Oh... 

two songs out in Germany... why, haven't the German ppl suffered enough throughout history.

well at least it's comfortably at number 3 itunes. 

4 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

@Genevieve Vavance  yes, Ed has 2 Songs out in Australia as well. He is so popular at the moment.   He also has been out here a week ago getting raved about.  I am just stunned at the people that are superstars in the music industry this decade. Nothing special about them at all and they are so full of themselves. 

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Katy Perry - Chained To The Rhythm - 46,368 (+9,035)

She's really the queen of radios :clap:

yai , she can be n 3 next week , because her radio airplay , +sales around 120k , and her power on youtube and spotify 

she will outpeak gaga without tricks 

Ed Shushan makes me want to fall asleep. Honestly, the most boring motherfucker in the business today.  :lmao: