Orion

Katy Perry thread

953 posts in this topic

so Katy s lead single will outpeak million flops , yass , can t wait

I adored that Grammy performance! She's really maturing into one hell of a pop artist. 

The symbolism of the white picket fence was striking. 

Loved the performance!!! Katy looked so COOL!!!:wow::tigger:

She slayed the Grammy stage 

She was great.

Enjoyed her performance. She's never pretentious and I appreciate that about her.

loved her performance and loved that staging especially near the end... "no hate" == simple and subtle

I liked the performance 

now Katy is above FLOPga on US iTunes 

It was such a great performance and the track is awesome! 

come on amazing video! and remixes. lovin the new hair color too! 

Plus with Katy, she does not get the whole industry and media crawling to her.  She is herself and makes catchy pop music that appeals to people. Does not get all the fake praise.  Reading all the "raves"  about Beyonce with her tuneless self gratifying performance that ripped off Rebel heart.  Then Adele who gets praised as a hero because she started a song again and all of the raving about Gaga.   Preferred Katy to all of them. 

15 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Plus with Katy, she does not get the whole industry and media crawling to her.  She is herself and makes catchy pop music that appeals to people. Does not get all the fake praise.  Reading all the "raves"  about Beyonce with her tuneless self gratifying performance that ripped off Rebel heart.  Then Adele who gets praised as a hero because she started a song again and all of the raving about Gaga.   Preferred Katy to all of them. 

Agreed 💯%

I liked Adele stopping and starting the song again though. 

18 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

:clap:

YASSS SO HAPPY TO SEE THE PRINCESS GET THE PRAISE SHE DESERVES!!!

:inlove::inlove:

Ok....I am LOVING the new single. Had to grow, but after a couple listens, it hit me. Funky, catchy, and just political enough (for who she is)... 

and that performance was great. Other than the Prince tributes, it was the only actually entertaining thing of the night.

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

Agreed 💯%

I liked Adele stopping and starting the song again though. 

I loved Adele starting over too.  It's not professional, but Adele isn't really worried about that, lol.  She's being true to herself (a little bit trashy - in a good way for her).

Slay my love!

Can't wait for CTTR to be #1 for 6 months! 

23 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

O'h but Katy makes the best videos since Madonna !  No one comes remotely close to Madonna but I do love Katy's videos.   Let's see -  Thinking of you, Hot N cold, California Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework. Last friday night,  Roar, Unconditionally and This is how we do.   Such interesting and great videos that helps promote her.   I still Birthday's awful video ruined the song.  

Katy's looks, charisma and quirky but beautiful style is part of her appeal.  She shines in her videos. Can't wait to see what she comes up with. 

True. I liked the Birthday video though. It was a cool concept. I wanted to see more of behind the scenes though. 

1 hour ago, 5iVe Elements said:

Slay my love!

Can't wait for CTTR to be #1 for 6 months! 

SLAY!!!! Can't wait to watch this in full HD later. I'm loving her song more every time I hear it. 

Hihghight of last night's Grammys was Katy's perf.