Orion

Katy Perry thread

953 posts in this topic

Lately, I listen much to radio here since I have to drive for business through the country.

And Katys song is always the most wanted. They play it so often, I always get happy and positive enegery when I hear it.

At german charts the song is at number 6, her highest positon was 3 :inlove:

8. Chained To The Rhythm: 97.054 (+0.669)

18 hours ago, jaron said:

Lately, I listen much to radio here since I have to drive for business through the country.

And Katys song is always the most wanted. They play it so often, I always get happy and positive enegery when I hear it.

At german charts the song is at number 6, her highest positon was 3 :inlove:

cool!

i wonder how the song is doing worldwide? anyone know?

On 8/4/2017 at 3:27 AM, Inlakesh said:

yes Katty, discount the hell out of this song to get back to Hot 100 top 10! :smoke:

No

She's not Gargamel or Mimi thank God :lol: 

Who cares about the Hot 100 thing. It's like a Madonna sales thread. Now more than ever we live in the quintessential age where payola and shady radio deals rule. We shoudn't get sucked in with too much of it. As long as the songs are nice and the artist in question is not some druggie on stage or starts talking in the third person, their music is the only thing that matters

On 30/3/2017 at 6:31 AM, VogueMusic said:

I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoy this song, and the video. Political, but just enough. Clever, yet still entertaining.

And you got to hand to her...how many of her other peers are even daring to take a political point of view right now in their work?

:thumbsup: 

13 minutes ago, XXL said:

No

She's not Gargamel or Mimi thank God :lol: 

Who cares about the Hot 100 thing. It's like a Madonna sales thread. Now more than ever we live in the quintessential age where payola and shady radio deals rule. We shoudn't get sucked in with too much of it. As long as the songs are nice and the artist in question is not some druggie on stage or starts talking in the third person, their music is the only thing that matters

This. :clap::clap::clap: 

Why u guys defend her so much now? especially when her new "hit" is being discounted think for two weeks so far?...a discount is a discount so they all fall in the same category, be it Gaga, Katy or Weekend, and if they just don't care about charts or sales, why would they discount ? because they're so nice with their fans that they want to help them get the song?....bitch please!

I love the song anyway.

16 minutes ago, Inlakesh said:

Why u guys defend her so much now? especially when her new "hit" is being discounted think for two weeks so far?...a discount is a discount so they all fall in the same category, be it Gaga, Katy or Weekend, and if they just don't care about charts or sales, why would they discount ? because they're so nice with their fans that they want to help them get the song?....bitch please!

I love the song anyway.

I guess the difference is that Katy never pretends to not care about success. There are plenty of videos of her talking about how she cares about her chart positions and stuff like that. Gaga, on the other hand, keeps telling everyone that she's an artist who gives zero fuck about commercial success, "music not the bling", "I sing from my heart, not for the chart" and all these bullcrap.

artists can discount, just not for the majority of the release, like come on. i still think there needs to be a new billbored rule that you can discount a new single for so long. 

and katy doesnt go around saying she doesnt care about having hits or making pop/dance music etc etc. 

at the end of the day, she's better the end. lol.

8 hours ago, Inlakesh said:

I love the song anyway.

There seems to be a more honest approach in her way of doing "music business" 

And above all she respects and worships the throne and the queen 👑

9 hours ago, Inlakesh said:

Why u guys defend her so much now?

Well, she cast a spell on us like she does with beautiful wild animals.   To Katy,  Madonna fans are putty in her hands !  

Look at the evidence !  

Image result for katy perry roar gifs

Image result for katy perry roar gifs

She released another remix. It's the worst of the three. And I only found out about by looking at her Spotify. I guess I'm just used to Gaga forcing every new remix down out throats with Facebook ads and tweets. 

Regarding the discount, it's promotion. Two weeks isn't a long time. I guess they're doing it now because they think airplay is about to peak? They also did it at the same time as releasing the remixes. I think it makes more sense to discount remixes to be honest - even permanently $.99 or something. 

she has a new horrible haircut

girl bye

9. Chained To The Rhythm: 97.839 (+0.459)

YAII

Billboard Dance Club Songs: #1(+1) Chained to the Rhythm, @katyperry Feat. @SkipMarley [6 weeks]. *new peak*

9. Chained To The Rhythm: 98.275 (+0.436)

GO KATY

Princess Katy writes her own songs. Her singles are good to great. Her album tracks are underrated. She doesn't tow herself as the next hot thing in music or something. She doesn't jump on causes ingenuinely then abandon them when they fail to ignite interest in music. She doesn't treat her fans like stupid minions. She's imperfect and isn't ashamed of her flaws.

What is not to love about my Princess Katy? 

She's a fan of the Queen.

Love her forever. She may not be everyone's cup of tea but she's delivering the goods.

Well said @5iVe Elements:clap:

Why does she look so old on that cover?

She's on the cover of Vogue.

NOPE. 

I love Katy but she looks like an emu in this Vogue cover photo.  Not literally as she is stunning but the funny stare reminds me of an emu.  Surely, they could have used a better photo for the cover. 

Related image

Some more shots in the Vogue Magazine. 

Image result for vogue magazine katy perry

she looks great