MadonnaNation.com Forums

UK certifications (@bpi_music): @katyperry Feat. @SkipMarley, Chained to the Rhythm Silver (200,000).

Just now, littleGuzman said:
10. Chained To The Rhythm: 91.952 (+0.474)

where did you find them? the data I mean

Chained to the rhythm is terrible and her performances are even worse. I hate when people try to be political but barely have any brain cells.

10. Chained To The Rhythm: 92.087 (+0.135)

Its probably peaking

11 hours ago, ShesnotMDNA said:

Chained to the rhythm is terrible and her performances are even worse. I hate when people try to be political but barely have any brain cells.

I like that she has good intentions but it's so silly. and no one is really that chained to the rhythm (in their own bubble and ignoring politics or whats going on in the world now) I would say people are listening more than before. everyone is talking politics these days

I like the meaning of the song and think it is clever, same with the video.   Many people are living in a bubble and have rose coloured glasses on regarding what is happening in the World. 

She has a nice rack 

10 hours ago, Nikki said:

I like that she has good intentions but it's so silly. and no one is really that chained to the rhythm (in their own bubble and ignoring politics or whats going on in the world now) I would say people are listening more than before. everyone is talking politics these days

I think Katy knows her audience quite well. Most of my students (18-22 y.o.) were/are not very politically inclined. What is happening in the US has definitely made more kids aware of not only domestic but foreign affairs imho. So Katy's going for those, definitely. Still, the song's kind of so-so, but good for her on taking a chance and slightly moving off her safe zone.

Yes. If anything,  we are living in a world of escapism.  People are running nowhere in a nonstop entertainment life. 

On 18.3.2017 at 6:34 PM, Orion said:

A snippet of Bon Appetit (apparently the second single), sounds good! 

https://twitter.com/katyperrylately/status/842859556699066369/video/1

Beautiful !!!!

This summer is going to be hot !!! Love this.

I am still listening to chains.....but I want more and more !! Let the album come !

On 19/03/2017 at 7:40 PM, Nikki said:

I don't agree with that Nikki. There are so many people burying their head in the sand, going about their own daily life not knowing/caring what's going on around them. Even moreso with all the shit going on in the western world right now.

10. Chained To The Rhythm: 92.761 (+0.674)

not yet

9. Chained To The Rhythm: 94.028 (+0.321)

in addition 

100m of views ..yasssss

I think the whole concept and message of the song and video went over peoples' heads. And by people, I mean the general public AKA the people who have their heads buried in the sand.

Early Hot 100 predictions

13 Chained To The Rhythm 210 (+6)

YASSSS

On 3/19/2017 at 7:28 PM, jazzyjan said:

I like the meaning of the song and think it is clever, same with the video.   Many people are living in a bubble and have rose coloured glasses on regarding what is happening in the World. 

On 3/20/2017 at 7:34 AM, karbatal said:

Yes. If anything,  we are living in a world of escapism.  People are running nowhere in a nonstop entertainment life. 

On 3/20/2017 at 5:36 PM, Kim said:

I don't agree with that Nikki. There are so many people burying their head in the sand, going about their own daily life not knowing/caring what's going on around them. Even moreso with all the shit going on in the western world right now.

Bingo.