Jump to content
MadonnaNation.com Forums

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Wow looks like this got horrendous call out scores! :( WTH? Not at all getting it. I'd be the first to admit if I did but this is still better than at least 60-70% of the shit radio is eating up (payola or not). Seems so far Katy is almost acting Rihanna-like (lazy) and her team who usually doesn't miss a beat aren't doing much to make this work more. It's SUCH an easy song to remix, tweak up and maybe re-release to radio and iTunes. That or a discount. But I still think the former is a better and less desperate/Gaga idea. Whatevas, don't be surprised if this starts to float then sink soon. Very wise she's not releasing the album until the summer. Plenty of time to make extra sure that second single is fire. CTTR isnt at all a career/ momentum killer. It'll just be 'there' and prob. quickly forgotten. 

It's a really great radio song but I've given up on the charts now. There's so much payola fakery that it appears if you're not prepared to pay now, you don't get on

She hit No.5 in the UK though so not a complete flop here although Ed Sheeran's domination has completely fluffed the singles chart here. It's ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11. Chained To The Rhythm: 89.140 (+0.899)
 

top 10 tomorrow ..90m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if the call-out scores are indeed bad, then why is it still increasing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't very impressed at first but over time I like it more and more. I agree that it's a great radio song, a breath of fresh air in between what else they're playing right now,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, littleGuzman said:

11. Chained To The Rhythm: 89.140 (+0.899)
 

top 10 tomorrow ..90m

This is beautiful news. But what does that number stay for ? For the audience in radios in the US ? Radioplay ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

I wasn't very impressed at first but over time I like it more and more. I agree that it's a great radio song, a breath of fresh air in between what else they're playing right now,

I agree. I like it a lot more now.

It doesn't have that immediate catchy factor, which may have hindered it's performance somewhat, but it's still a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the video was pulled, I'll post a fresh link of Katy's horrible vocal performance at the IHeartRadio Awards. Enjoy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10. Chained To The Rhythm: 89.311 (+0.121)
 

finally top 10

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hot 100
13. Chained to the Rhythm - Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley [-1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already bored with this song. She seems a sweet girl but now feels like stale chewing gum... her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great on the radio, is played multiple times daily, and sounds better than 99% of the junk out there right now.

Much prefer it over that obnoxious Roar or Dark Horse (Ughh). 

And it actually says something in a clever way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

over 78m on youtube , another 100m video for katy is coming ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTTR is top 10 on american radio with an audience of 90 million

Love this song more and more, I think it's one of her best :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orion said:

CTTR is top 10 on american radio with an audience of 90 million

Love this song more and more, I think it's one of her best :thumbsup:

that is absolutley true !!!

I love to hear it on german radio !!! Its a good cruising song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Billboard Hot 100 Early predictions
 

16 Chained To The Rhythm        187  (-3)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Single is definitely a hit. Just thought it would've been even a bigger smash because it's a better song then some of her previous annoying singles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Chained to the Rhythm.  It is a real grower as well.  Have to say though that I have loved most of Katy's singles.  I think as pure "pop"  songs, they stand the test of time.  I still love most of them and happily listen to them if they come on shuffle or on the radio.  I think as a pop star, she is the real deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Sounds great on the radio, is played multiple times daily, and sounds better than 99% of the junk out there right now.

Much prefer it over that obnoxious Roar or Dark Horse (Ughh). 

And it actually says something in a clever way.

Agreed, terrible songs! 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

I love Chained to the Rhythm.  It is a real grower as well.  Have to say though that I have loved most of Katy's singles.  I think as pure "pop"  songs, they stand the test of time.  I still love most of them and happily listen to them if they come on shuffle or on the radio.  I think as a pop star, she is the real deal. 

:yes::thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jazzy and others said it perfectly- this is SUCH a grower w/ minimal burn out rate. It's almost always the songs that aren't 'instant' or all gimmicky, based on hype/ junk etc...yet stay in your head and you don't turn off on the radio- even if there's some things about the song that could be better=CTTR. I'm still beyond perplexed why supposedly this got such awful call out scores. I mean yeah...it's nothing groundbreaking but Christ...look at 80-90% of the absolute garbage on the radio. Same recycled Disney, corporate/ manufactured, soulless typical shit hip hop/r&b that's huge for 10 minutes then disposed of. Same shit different songs but no different than 2002. Beyond obvious how consistently corporate. political and payola infested the system has been. It's basically been this way since Motolla/Mariah but esp the last 15 years or so.

As many said this is getting positive feedback online so...wonder 'who' is giving all the negative feedback w/ the call out scores. Even though it didn't smash instantly on iTunes it's been stable withOUT any discount. Yet you gonna  tell me Million Payolas is getting 'positive' feedback!? lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Chained To The Rhythm (and Dark Horse too, but not so much Roar). However, the music video is kinda boring, it have good ideas but as a whole is poorly executed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Jazzy and others said it perfectly- this is SUCH a grower w/ minimal burn out rate. It's almost always the songs that aren't 'instant' or all gimmicky, based on hype/ junk etc...yet stay in your head and you don't turn off on the radio- even if there's some things about the song that could be better=CTTR. I'm still beyond perplexed why supposedly this got such awful call out scores. I mean yeah...it's nothing groundbreaking but Christ...look at 80-90% of the absolute garbage on the radio. Same recycled Disney, corporate/ manufactured, soulless typical shit hip hop/r&b that's huge for 10 minutes then disposed of. Same shit different songs but no different than 2002. Beyond obvious how consistently corporate. political and payola infested the system has been. It's basically been this way since Motolla/Mariah but esp the last 15 years or so.

As many said this is getting positive feedback online so...wonder 'who' is giving all the negative feedback w/ the call out scores. Even though it didn't smash instantly on iTunes it's been stable withOUT any discount. Yet you gonna  tell me Million Payolas is getting 'positive' feedback!? lol 

 

This

And looking at the current crop of stars Katy seems the only one not having a team worried about paying publications to write over the top suspicious declarations of unrivalled greatness, which is something I've always enjoyed about her, unlike for the Taylors, Beyonces and Joanne's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, XXL said:

 

This

And looking at the current crop of stars Katy seems the only one not having a team worried about paying publications to write over the top suspicious declarations of unrivalled greatness, which is something I've always enjoyed about her, unlike for the Taylors, Beyonces and Joanne's

Yes, luv! :thumbsup::inlove: lol NOW Katy's second single must smash! She and her team in 10 years basically haven't skipped a beat so...hopefully esp. by NOT releasing that album until summer-ish know exactly what they're doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×