MadonnaNation.com Forums

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

Flopping????  Hahaha 

Now everything is a flop it seems.  How can a song that peaked number four and gaining airplay and pulverising records in Spotify flop?  

Please... 

Exactly

Beyonce hasn't had a hit in 8 years and she's only 35 yet you never read the word flop anywhere near her

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Don't care for mainstream pop artists pushing their candidates. Dumb public gives them too much power, but have much more respect for Katy sticking to her message after the election. Gaga suffered US support after the Hilary's loss, but she chose to remain neutral at SB when she had biggest platform in world to speak out against Trump. She was a coward & obviously has no genuine convictions! 

:lmao:I was being facetious, you guys. But maybe it's not a totally far fetched theory. If Gaga suffered US support than maybe Katy did too?

1 hour ago, vocalism said:

Why would it be because she supported Hillary? More people voted for her than any other person in US history aside from Obama in '08. If she supported Trump, I might understand. If you're saying that the insane 30% of America who love Trump don't want to buy her single because she supported Hillary, then I guess that could be a factor. But in the end I don't really think politics affects pop stars very much. If the music is good, it doesn't matter. 

You better tell that to the Gritty and Raw people that swear to this day that the AL single flopped because of Bush and not the radio call backs.

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Yup. Something..dunno what is def up here. It is NOT her 'support' for Hillary lol. Most of you know better here to not go all Pulse message board with desperate pathetic theories ;P lol. Ultimately *always comes down to the song no matter who/what they may support or whatever. 

Overall the feedback I've read has been positive. This is WAY superior to smashes like Part Of Me and some others. Yes, POM came out in 2012 when she was in her Thriller/LAV, Jagged Little Pill ish era. There was no 3.5 year wait so Katy like ANYone at that phase (we've seen it many, many times) including Paula Abdul basically anything will smash and almost go to #1 no matter what. Taylor Swift and Adele to a lesser degree are basically the first 2 who come to mind in that same exact 2011-13 Katy Perry phase. Rihanna and Katy can easily still smash/go right to #1 with the right song but for Katy this just isn't it.

While I had my minor criticisms about the song I still love it and still shocked at the very min it didn't at least go to friggin #1 on iTunes for a hot minute. Yet Gaga (discount or not) can still troll/scam her way like a slithering snake to #1 on iTunes and radio or close to it. Anyway, HOPING  Katy and her team have that red hot smash waiting to shut the doubters up for single #2! :D 

GMAYL anyone?

It underperformed for a Katy first single. Maybe it was because of that awful and boring Olympics song. Who knows? Hillary definitely didn't help. :chuckle:

It's still a HIT though.

I think Hillary's career suffered way more as a result of Joanne's random last minute endorsement than the other way around :laugh: ... Gooberella's career had been long comatose by then

Was it the time she was rallying the crowd in MJ regalia? Another pathetica, contrived, cringe moment

Y'all use "flop" far too liberally.  :rolleyes::lol:

16 minutes ago, XXL said:

Exactly

Beyonce hasn't had a hit in 8 years and she's only 35 yet you never read the word flop anywhere near her

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, XXL said:

I think Hillary's career suffered way more as a result of Joanne's random last minute endorsement than the other way around :laugh: ... Gooberella's career had been long comatose by then

Was it the time she was rallying the crowd in MJ regalia? Another pathetica cringe moment

:lmao:

Poor Hills.

Another victim.

0.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Don't care for mainstream pop artists pushing their candidates. Dumb public gives them too much power, but have much more respect for Katy sticking to her message after the election. Gaga suffered US support after the Hilary's loss, but she chose to remain neutral at SB when she had biggest platform in world to speak out against Trump. She was a coward & obviously has no genuine convictions! 

:chuckle:

Rather transparent wouldn't you say

30 minutes ago, XXL said:

Exactly

Yeah...

tumblr_nyusrqvqDo1tp2mvqo1_500.gif

I wonder why... maybe there's a huge PR machine behind her?

Jay-Z will have you offed if you dare to mention that word in the same sentence as Beyonca.

2prvb07.jpg

16 minutes ago, XXL said:

:chuckle:

Rather transparent wouldn't you say

Her facial expression here still a riot. Lol 

1 hour ago, XXL said:

:laugh::rotfl:

:smooch:

2 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Agreed. Esp about the 'summery feel'. I think if it was single #2 and released in the spring/summer with a more tweaked up production it could've smashed. There's def lots of factors that make a song connect with people. Sometimes it's instant like 'Roar' and sometimes it's something like this. Most people including myself weren't instantly hooked yet couldn't get it out of their heads. 'That' is a slow burner, grower or whatever. I predicted since day 1 this will prob. end up like 24k Magic. While I still think this is way better I think it'll end up w/ the same chart run. Not at an instant flop like Perfect Illusion but not an instant smash. It'll end up a respectable hit that does no damage to her career/momentum and stays around a while. 

I think "Roar" was an instant hit because it was a super-safe/predictable follow-up to a huge album with a big string of smashes. Based on what I've heard from people around here, on social media, and in the media, CTTR is much better liked than "Roar" was. 

1 hour ago, mnino said:

:lmao:I was being facetious, you guys. But maybe it's not a totally far fetched theory. If Gaga suffered US support than maybe Katy did too?

You better tell that to the Gritty and Raw people that swear to this day that the AL single flopped because of Bush and not the radio call backs.

GMAYL anyone?

It underperformed for a Katy first single. Maybe it was because of that awful and boring Olympics song. Who knows? Hillary definitely didn't help. :chuckle:

It's still a HIT though.

Hate to make the comparison, but it's like little monsters making excuses for Gaga's flops. The failure of AL was a perfect storm of ageism, (some) politics, and the fact that the song/album just wasn't well-liked. I've grown fond of the song over time, but at the time I remember thinking it was weird and not very good. It was the first album era since the '80s that M didn't reinvent her sound. I just think she should have moved on from Mirwais after one album. I respect that album and what she did, but the blacklist thing was way overblown. If people wanted to hear Madonna on the radio, programmers would have no choice but to play her. They are loyal to one thing and on thing only: ratings and $$$. But this subject belongs elsewhere. I just don't think Katy is suffering all that much from her political opinions. Most aren't aware and those that do probably support Dems/Hillary.

5 hours ago, Gus said:

^i believe that's the airplay chart, the numbers are audio impressions 

5 hours ago, vocalism said:

Those are US radio impressions. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think that's 86 million "impressions" (as opposed to raw "spins"). I've always found the impression thing silly, giving more weight to bigger stations and thus making the whole payola thing even more powerful. 

:thumbsup: Thank u guys! 

Full Billboard Hot 100 predictions

12 Chained To The Rhythm 204 (=)

so the song is a hit , its not Roar , but its a hit after all ..  learn caca

22 hours ago, mnino said:

:lmao:

Poor Hills.

Another victim.

0.jpg

:rotfl:

That poor Lina girl by the way : (

22 hours ago, Nick said:

Her facial expression here still a riot. Lol 

:laugh:

21 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:smooch:

:kiss2:

22 hours ago, mnino said:

Yeah...

tumblr_nyusrqvqDo1tp2mvqo1_500.gif

I wonder why... maybe there's a huge PR machine behind her?

Jay-Z will have you offed if you dare to mention that word in the same sentence as Beyonca.

2prvb07.jpg

That Latoya gif is life

You know that if asked about Beyondce she'd just tell it like it is. She is the BSmeter of the Jacksons

She's very tall!  I know the dwarf is a dwarf but Katy always looks bigger than the rest!  

1 hour ago, karbatal said:

She's very tall!  I know the dwarf is a dwarf but Katy always looks bigger than the rest!  

Karbatal would you enjoy a Kylie & Katy duet? :laugh: Or maybe they could also add Madonna to the mix

3 hours ago, karbatal said:

Karbatal, have you seen Kylie in person ?  My friends and I saw her years ago walking down Lygon street and I swear to you, she was the tiniest woman I had ever seen.  Like a little girl. We all thought that.   Katy is tall plus very curvy so she looks much bigger when she is with Kylie.  

Wow looks like this got horrendous call out scores! :( WTH? Not at all getting it. I'd be the first to admit if I did but this is still better than at least 60-70% of the shit radio is eating up (payola or not). Seems so far Katy is almost acting Rihanna-like (lazy) and her team who usually doesn't miss a beat aren't doing much to make this work more. It's SUCH an easy song to remix, tweak up and maybe re-release to radio and iTunes. That or a discount. But I still think the former is a better and less desperate/Gaga idea. Whatevas, don't be surprised if this starts to float then sink soon. Very wise she's not releasing the album until the summer. Plenty of time to make extra sure that second single is fire. CTTR isnt at all a career/ momentum killer. It'll just be 'there' and prob. quickly forgotten. 

22 hours ago, XXL said:

LMAO omg

reminds me of when mariah said the same about Madonna.