MadonnaNation.com Forums

On 3/7/2017 at 0:32 PM, karbatal said:

And sorry but Madonna has sounded worse. But let's leave it there :lol:

BUT..

.. if Madonna has had a background tape she would have sounded much better in NRM, for example. 

Yes, Madonna has sounded bad live in the past but she has also sounded good. Katy ALWAYS sounds bad live. That's the difference.

6 hours ago, frzndrwnwrld said:

Yes, Madonna has sounded bad live in the past but she has also sounded good. Katy ALWAYS sounds bad live. That's the difference.

Yes.

eveytime i heard her singing its like a cat screeching.

Who cares... I'd still take the WORST vocals of Katy x10 played over/over into a 20 minute remix than any one of LadyShitGaRiahs 'big' vocal putrid cheer-leading ANY time! Disgusting yet not surprising that CTTR (which I officially love now) isn't getting the 'sudden' smashing updates Million Dirty Holes is getting. 

3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Who cares... I'd still take the WORST vocals of Katy x10 played over/over into a 20 minute remix than any one of LadyShitGaRiahs 'big' vocal putrid cheer-leading ANY time! Disgusting yet not surprising that CTTR (which I officially love now) isn't getting the 'sudden' smashing updates Million Dirty Holes is getting. 

What the hell is going on, really?  I've heard that damn Gaga song on the radio lately way more than I ever expected. I mean, really, how much they paying for that shit?

3 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Me too 

Since Kelly Clarkson it's always about big voices. Boring. 

19 hours ago, littleGuzman said:
13. Chained To The Rhythm: 86.550 (+0.548)

up up!

21 hours ago, littleGuzman said:
13. Chained To The Rhythm: 86.550 (+0.548)

@littleGuzman could you sum up how's the song performance, what I get is she's number 13 on what chart? Selling 86.550 units and that's 548 more than last week??? Thanks 🙏🏻 

^i believe that's the airplay chart, the numbers are audio impressions 

Those are US radio impressions. I don't know exactly how it works, but I think that's 86 million "impressions" (as opposed to raw "spins"). I've always found the impression thing silly, giving more weight to bigger stations and thus making the whole payola thing even more powerful. 

Mediabase/US Airplay — Update 03/09

TOP 20

1. ED SHEERAN - Shape Of You: 216.088 (+ 2.062)
2. ZAYN/TAYLOR SWIFT - I Don't Wanna Live Forever: 156.668 (- 0.018)
3. RIHANNA - Love On The Brain: 151.441 (+ 0.087)
4. THE WEEKND - I Feel It Coming f/Daft Punk: 130.719 (+ 1.424) ▲
5. ALESSIA CARA - Scars To Your Beautiful: 128.279 (- 1.103) ▼
6. MAROON 5 - Don't Wanna Know f/K. Lamar: 105.681 (- 1.673)
7. BRUNO MARS - That's What I Like: 98.422 (+ 1.902) 
8. THE CHAINSMOKERS - Paris: 97.843 (+ 0.984) 
9. DRAKE - Fake Love: 94.742 (- 1.630)
10.SHAWN MENDES - Mercy: 94.445 (- 0.307)
11. THE CHAINSMOKERS - Closer f/Halsey: 91.233 (- 1.619)
12. MGK X CAMILA CABELLO - Bad Things: 89.945 (- 1.604)
13. BIG SEAN - Bounce Back: 86.358 (- 0.557)
14. ADELE - Water Under The Bridge: 86.041 (- 0.005)
15. KATY PERRY - Chained To The Rhythm: 85.025 (+ 0.371)
16. MIGOS - Bad And Boujee f/Lil Uzi Vert: 83.184 (- 3.638)
17. BRUNO MARS - 24K Magic: 73.190 (- 0.009)
18. MARIAN HILL - Down: 72.746 (+ 1.418)
19. DJ SNAKE - Let Me Love You f/J. Bieber: 70.961 (- 1.158)
20. JON PARDI - Dirt On My Boots: 68.009 (+ 0.236)

So it peaked at four?!?!! which is better than nothing. 

18 minutes ago, Beastialg said:

In reality is doing OK but for a Katy Perry's (first) single is a flop

Yep.

Could it be because of this...???

2015-10-24T230937Z_216596430_GF200000314

maxresdefault.jpg

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:22 AM, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

IKR!

Besides Katy's supposedly bad singing is greatly exaggerated. Have some people heard Mariah Carey's real voice? Or Gaga's actual mic feed while she's stomping her dumpy legs on a keyboard? Christina Aguilera? Or Kilo Nasal Whisper Mango? Beyawnce?

2 hours ago, Like2Watch said:

it's flopping

No it isn't

Same way people are ready to dismiss Madonna's chart performance without taking into consideration all contributing factors. Never mind Madonna in the 2000s and 2010s has pulverised the likes of names that were supposed to eclipse her, Britney, Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, JLO, Gwen and an endless list, hell, with the $30m budget ArtPOP (from someone at their fourth year of fame) sold on a par with MDNA, which was Universal's 7th best selling release of 2012 anyway

People use the word FLOP with too much easiness . I'm glad Katy and her team don't care to pay for faux articles etc

22 minutes ago, XXL said:

IKR!

Besides Katy's supposedly bad singing is greatly exaggerated. Have some people heard Mariah Carey's real voice? Or Gaga's actual mic feed while she's stomping her dumpy legs on a keyboard? Christina Aguilera? Or Kilo Nasal Whisper Mango? Beyawnce?

:dead:

Flopping????  Hahaha 

Now everything is a flop it seems.  How can a song that peaked number four and gaining airplay and pulverising records in Spotify flop?  

Please... 

1 hour ago, mnino said:

Yep.

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't care for mainstream pop artists pushing their candidates. Dumb public gives them too much power, but have much more respect for Katy sticking to her message after the election. Gaga suffered US support after the Hilary's loss, but she chose to remain neutral at SB when she had biggest platform in world to speak out against Trump. She was a coward & obviously has no genuine convictions! 

1 hour ago, mnino said:

Yep.

maxresdefault.jpg

Why would it be because she supported Hillary? More people voted for her than any other person in US history aside from Obama in '08. If she supported Trump, I might understand. If you're saying that the insane 30% of America who love Trump don't want to buy her single because she supported Hillary, then I guess that could be a factor. But in the end I don't really think politics affects pop stars very much. If the music is good, it doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, Beastialg said:

In reality is doing OK but for a Katy Perry's (first) single is a flop

Yup. Something..dunno what is def up here. It is NOT her 'support' for Hillary lol. Most of you know better here to not go all Pulse message board with desperate pathetic theories ;P lol. Ultimately *always comes down to the song no matter who/what they may support or whatever. 

Overall the feedback I've read has been positive. This is WAY superior to smashes like Part Of Me and some others. Yes, POM came out in 2012 when she was in her Thriller/LAV, Jagged Little Pill ish era. There was no 3.5 year wait so Katy like ANYone at that phase (we've seen it many, many times) including Paula Abdul basically anything will smash and almost go to #1 no matter what. Taylor Swift and Adele to a lesser degree are basically the first 2 who come to mind in that same exact 2011-13 Katy Perry phase. Rihanna and Katy can easily still smash/go right to #1 with the right song but for Katy this just isn't it.

While I had my minor criticisms about the song I still love it and still shocked at the very min it didn't at least go to friggin #1 on iTunes for a hot minute. Yet Gaga (discount or not) can still troll/scam her way like a slithering snake to #1 on iTunes and radio or close to it. Anyway, HOPING  Katy and her team have that red hot smash waiting to shut the doubters up for single #2! :D 

^ I think it's a multitude of factors. She's been around a while, there was a long gap since her last album, the song is kind of a "summer" song and they released it in February, it's also a slow-burner type of song. I think it will be around for a while. I can imagine it getting a boost this summer when the album drops.

2 minutes ago, vocalism said:

^ I think it's a multitude of factors. She's been around a while, there was a long gap since her last album, the song is kind of a "summer" song and they released it in February, it's also a slow-burner type of song. I think it will be around for a while. I can imagine it getting a boost this summer when the album drops.

Agreed. Esp about the 'summery feel'. I think if it was single #2 and released in the spring/summer with a more tweaked up production it could've smashed. There's def lots of factors that make a song connect with people. Sometimes it's instant like 'Roar' and sometimes it's something like this. Most people including myself weren't instantly hooked yet couldn't get it out of their heads. 'That' is a slow burner, grower or whatever. I predicted since day 1 this will prob. end up like 24k Magic. While I still think this is way better I think it'll end up w/ the same chart run. Not at an instant flop like Perfect Illusion but not an instant smash. It'll end up a respectable hit that does no damage to her career/momentum and stays around a while. 

1 hour ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

:dead:

:laugh::rotfl: