MadonnaNation.com Forums

On a first quick watch it looks good and worth watching again! Def think there are things..many things I missed which is a good thing. Not at all an instant wtf was that like Birthday was lol. 'This' is def classic Katy (colorful, focused story line, fun etc..) This *should only help the song! 

47 minutes ago, Nikki said:

I really think it's Rihanna. imagine if she was a better performer and more creative.. she has the charisma, the je ne sais quoi attitude

God no! 

4 minutes ago, karbatal said:

God no! 

just talking about her charisma ;) 

Watching this beautiful piece of art again and again.

Love the colour saturation and the theme park.

Some details I dont get what they are referering to, or is it just a scene without any deep meaning ?

Cannot wait for more live performances of this song.

I think its the best start to the spring season <3

Rihanna... I think she's good at pulling faces and feeding gifs, but she seems bored with life while Madonna is pure energy, determination and strength. 

I don't think Katy is second best either. Madonna ,sadly, seems to happen only once every century. 

8 minutes ago, karbatal said:

Rihanna... I think she's good at pulling faces and feeding gifs, but she seems bored with life while Madonna is pure energy, determination and strength. 

I don't think Katy is second best either. Madonna ,sadly, seems to happen only once every century. 

Agree. 

I love Rihanna but she seemed to stop enjoying herself over the last few years. While I appreciate Anti for its maturity, it drags on after a while. She hasn't put out anything full on fun pop in years. 

As for the video. I adore it. It's perfect in every single way. 

Sadly though, I think much of the symbolism and cultural digs it makes will go right over the heads of the people she's trying to reach. 

37 minutes ago, KalamazooJay said:

As for the video. I adore it. It's perfect in every single way. 

Sadly though, I think much of the symbolism and cultural digs it makes will go right over the heads of the people she's trying to reach. 

thats what i was thinking but i still love it. and i think the rest of these pop bitches should follow her lead! of all pop princesses - katy is the one making a statement, haha. cool.

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Agree. 

I love Rihanna but she seemed to stop enjoying herself over the last few years. While I appreciate Anti for its maturity, it drags on after a while. She hasn't put out anything full on fun pop in years. 

Yeah, the last Rihanna album I really enjoyed was Loud. 

I feel like Katy could just be starting as an artist. I hope the new album is more experimental and she pushes herself. Her sales might decline, but so did M's in the 1990s and that's when I think she truly became an important artist.

btw her bodyguard looks very familiar, in DM article, bbc studios

Great art direction.

Great wardrobe design.

Great locations.

A little too literal for my taste, the references are too obvious to missed, but it's ok, at least she's making a little statement and that's appreciated in this cookie cutter industry. 

Chained to the Rhythm debuts at #4 on the Hot 100!!!!!! :inlove: 

I actually didn't really like the video. 

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Go Katy!

Cute vid, and better than all the usual shite out there. Katy should always remain raven haired though!

Hate it.  Generic typical blah blah. I'm open EVERYTIME she releases new stuff but I never enjoy it.   

5 hours ago, mnino said:

Finally someone worthy of carrying M's torch.

089bc0716fcf6c79ffd3c807491a4ef6.jpg

I think she can be the "next Madonna" for some reasons:

Nobody takes her seriously for her "childish music". The grammy's awards always ignores her even when she did the great Teenage Dream. Same with Madonna in the 1980s

Everybody thought Lady Gaga was "THAT pop girl" for her talent and message but her career went nowhere after BTW. Katy was growing and growing and finally beat her with Prism. Same happend with Cyndi Lauper.

There's a lot of differences between Madge and her of course, but let's see what happens. Meanwhile i'll stan hard. :inlove:

Edited by caba1

I like the video, is nice to see, but I have the feeling they  haven´t follow all the lyrics of the song on purpose, it´s shallow and the can have another deeper  meaning

1 hour ago, Orion said:

wuhuuuu. I hope with video its going to be number 1 !!

How many 1s does she have actually ? Any chance to beat Mooriah ?

19 minutes ago, promise to try said:

I like the video, is nice to see, but I have the feeling they  haven´t follow all the lyrics of the song on purpose, it´s shallow and the can have another deeper  meaning

Well I don't think Katy really claims to be anything more than just a pop star, but kudos to her for saying something among all the silence from her peers. She does risk all the loony alt-right brigade coming down on her hard, no matter what.