Orion

Katy Perry thread

740 posts in this topic

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=304910

Saturday, February 11, 2017

KATY STREAMS TO A NEW RECORD

Spotify reports that Katy Perry’s new single, “Chained to the Rhythm” f/Skip Marley, set a first-day streaming record for a single track by a female artist on Friday (2/10) with north of 3 million streams on the service. The Capitol megastar will be performing the song (which is also currently top 5 at iTunes) during the Grammys.

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

Spotify reports that Katy Perry’s new single, “Chained to the Rhythm” f/Skip Marley, set a first-day streaming record for a single track by a female artist on Friday (2/10) with north of 3 million streams on the service. The Capitol megastar will be performing the song (which is also currently top 5 at iTunes) during the Grammys.

Great! :D. Like I said, wouldn't be that surprised if this ends up at #1 at some point it's in the same way Rihanna's Work got there. I think it's more unfortunate than fortunate but clearly actual SALES are not the future. Streaming, views etc...from fans and loons over/over aka basically cheating will be the new norm. That means artists aren't gonna put as much effort into truly making quality songs that deserve #1. Singles have become the new 'albums'. :# Whatever, still happy to see Katy setting a new record and good publicity for the song. 

Really like the song! The lyrics sound clumsy and unfortunate tho.

2 hours ago, Orion said:

Yaaas!

55 minutes ago, Lolo said:

Really like the song! The lyrics sound clumsy and unfortunate tho.

Really?  English is not my mother tongue but the lyrics is precisely what makes the song really interesting. Are the sentences weirdly constructed or something?  

so she is doing ok in sales,and great on streamings...there should be a streaming chart by country,I would love to know youtube's views by week in every country

What does everyone think of Katy's new blonde look ?  Although I prefer her as a Brunette, I like that she has changed it up. 

C4as0IGVUAEUZKz.jpg:large

12 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

What does everyone think of Katy's new blonde look ?  Although I prefer her as a Brunette, I like that she has changed it up. 

I love it.

Just now, nightcutter said:

I love it.

Yes Nightcutter,  She is one of the very few woman who look gorgeous as both a blonde and a brunette.  Apparently she is naturally a blonde too.  

She reminds me of someone in those latest photos but I can't work out who it is !   Driving me nuts trying to work it out.  

16 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

Love this picture! She looks great!

shes soo beautiful !!! I love her look. Cannot wait to see her at the grammys

1 hour ago, jazzyjan said:

Yes Nightcutter,  She is one of the very few woman who look gorgeous as both a blonde and a brunette.  Apparently she is naturally a blonde too.  

She reminds me of someone in those latest photos but I can't work out who it is !   Driving me nuts trying to work it out.  

Christina Applegate?

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

She looks sexy and beautiful as always :inlove: 

It's a homage to Joanne :lmao:

If only she could dance, she could play M in a biopic

1 hour ago, rocknrolla said:

Christina Applegate?

Wow,  I see what you mean but she wasn't who I was thinking of.  Great comparison though.  

6 hours ago, karbatal said:

Really?  English is not my mother tongue but the lyrics is precisely what makes the song really interesting. Are the sentences weirdly constructed or something?  

Nothing seems odd or out out of place to me. The lyric about zombies seems quite lazy and too cliche/easy. Something like "Stumbling around like we just don't care (yeah!)" would have been too cliche but also perfectly appropriate for what the song is about - which is about ignoring the bigger issues and white privilege/mediocrity which Katy personifies. 

12 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

5IVe Elements, We have the video to look forward to as well.  Go Katy !  

I wouldn't be sad if the lyric video IS the music video. It's cute and a breath of fresh air.

Nice reference to the OOTB era with the pineapples :inlove::inlove: 

6 minutes ago, cardiganstarlet said:

^^reminds me of roisin murphy

oh yeah you're right!

This song's been growing on me but the chorus is still so awkward.  But she posted a preview of another song on her insta story and it sounded amazing/like Same Ol Mistakes by Rih