MadonnaNation.com Forums
Ugly Hecty

Billboard's 100 Greatest Award Show Performances Of All Time

mnino    0
14 hours ago, Ugly Hecty said:

And the #1...

1. Beyonce, Lemonade Medley (MTV Video Music Awards, 2016)

:megamanson:

The media's obsession with her makes me sick. When will people stop kissing her ass?

What??

tiffany-new-york-.gif

Billboard? Really?

tumblr_inline_oeqwtrVKhS1r2ya1z_500.gif

Janet's nipples were more iconic... oh, well.

635931353465307582-1507010153_6357621389

dollhouse    0

Madonna is no.1

EY 1989.

Nice seeing Madonna in there 3 times. I could think of 3 more that are easily as classic as the ones listed:

Living for Love: The Brits 

Music: The Grammy's 

The Super Bowl.

As for Beyonce being number 1. I think it's shameful to be honest. For such a new act to be placed above some of these legendary performances is embarrassing for the publication and a complete slap in the face to the icons before her. Now I love me some Beyonce and while I disagree with those in here that say it wasn't a great performance (it was) it has no place even within the top 20. 

Performances are supposed to ripple through pop culture and get people talking across a broad spectrum of ages, classes, and demographics. They're supposed to be discussed in school hallways, offices, colleges, water coolers, etc. And I'm sorry, Beyonce, but that performance was talked about by a small sliver of the general public who worship every hair flip you do. In no way on earth does she deserve that number 1 spot. Disgraceful. 

the list is ridiculous lol scroll through the performances. at least madonnas on it i guess.

Nonoka    0

I'm sorry, but how many times have we discussed these kind of 'rankings' already? In this day and age they are absolutely useless, as Billboard, MTV and Co have lost their credibility a long time ago. Why do we even bother? I stopped reading when I saw Toilet Swift's name popping up.

spotlight    0
12 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

Nice seeing Madonna in there 3 times. I could think of 3 more that are easily as classic as the ones listed:

Living for Love: The Brits 

Music: The Grammy's 

The Super Bowl.

As for Beyonce being number 1. I think it's shameful to be honest. For such a new act to be placed above some of these legendary performances is embarrassing for the publication and a complete slap in the face to the icons before her. Now I love me some Beyonce and while I disagree with those in here that say it wasn't a great performance (it was) it has no place even within the top 20. 

Performances are supposed to ripple through pop culture and get people talking across a broad spectrum of ages, classes, and demographics. They're supposed to be discussed in school hallways, offices, colleges, water coolers, etc. And I'm sorry, Beyonce, but that performance was talked about by a small sliver of the general public who worship every hair flip you do. In no way on earth does she deserve that number 1 spot. Disgraceful. 

This +1

spotlight    0
10 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

JayZ's cheque got cashed

:dead:I just noticed the  "Alians do it better" on rogers shirt:rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker   
Guest Pud Whacker
On 2/8/2017 at 3:36 PM, Ugly Hecty said:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/grammys/7677099/best-award-show-performances-of-all-time

2. Madonna, "Like a Virgin" (MTV Video Music Awards, 1984)

The singing is occasionally pitchy, the staging feels a bit haphazard, and the presentation is downright low-budget by modern-day standards. But if you had to pick one four-minute clip to demonstrate what an award-show performance could and should be at its best, there'd be absolutely no debate: Madonna's "Like a Virgin," in which she stepped down from a wedding cake at the very first Video Music Awards and writhed her way into the heart of the 1980s. Before Madonna, the best award-show performances could hope for was to get people to buy the record, after her, they became the historical record; the way we remember stars at their most iconic, and the way they demonstrate their immortality, no matter whose names are on the night's envelopes. It's the veritable big bang for the format as pop art.

of course.  as ive always said.  truly groundbreaking.  the day the music industry changed FOR LIFE. 

spotlight    0
5 hours ago, Genevieve Vavance said:

:lmao::smooch:

:smooch:

nefarious    0

If it were accurate at least half of this list would be Madonna performances :um:

Kurt420    0
1 hour ago, nefarious said:

If it were accurate at least half of this list would be Madonna performances :um:

ice_tea_by_rosel_d-d4vj93n.gif