Mattress

"Give Me All Your Luvin'", the last Top 10 Hot 100 hit of her generation.

142 posts in this topic

i guess the only way she can crack the Hot 100 is to a join effort with either Katy Perry or Rihanna where these female performers can still manage to be played on RADIO and having support from the airwaves...

I did force this song down my throat when it first came out but it's one of my least favourite Madonna's songs EVER .

And LFL is soooooo much better in so many ways !

I always loved it and it sounds just as good today. The video was heaven.

If we are comparing GMAYL to LFL then I choose LFL. However I do enjoy GMAYL and yes, with MIA and Nicki. 

20 hours ago, Aries said:

I love this song also....the demo (without Nicki & MIA)

I truly hope that she can accomplish getting 2 more Top 10s

in the US, to round it off to 40 (even if she has to pay for it)

how many Top 10s does she have like in UK, Canada, Australia 

anyone know?

Australia - 40 (42 if Double A-side singles count as two separate songs)

Canada - 49

UK - 62 (60 if the officially re-released Holiday and CFY in 1991 don't count)

18 hours ago, Orion said:

The video is one of her best, the pub section is iconic! 

I prefer the demo too, the beat comes harder IMO

17 hours ago, Arnian said:

Having said that I really like GMAYL but I wish it had more of the 60's beat fleshed out more  

Yes and Yes  :thumbsup:

I enjoy GMAYL, even if it's not a patch on her best work. I always took it as her talking to a certain artist who's been heavily inspired by her, but who, since 2011 or so, has gotten very defensive about the comparisons. And its placement on the MDNA Tour was no coincidence.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:19 PM, DitaDolla said:

Hate this song. 

Me too. And the fact that this payola superbowl jingle can be her only top 10 just kills me. Hopefully there will be one more.

The demo is the BEST.

M.A.D. Don't make me!

Bitch removed this verse with rap :manson: 

Much better than boring LFL!

57 minutes ago, horn said:

The demo is the BEST.

M.A.D. Don't make me!

This.

I would take LFL over GMAYL though. 

1 hour ago, HolidayGuy said:

I enjoy GMAYL, even if it's not a patch on her best work. I always took it as her talking to a certain artist who's been heavily inspired by her, but who, since 2011 or so, has gotten very defensive about the comparisons. And its placement on the MDNA Tour was no coincidence.

I am convinced it was originally a dish track on Lady Gaga but then she changed it later.  It's quite apparent if you listen to it with that in mind.

After all the tour performance is essentially what she wanted to do in the Super Bowl show, but the producers wouldn't let her have the marching band come in from the ceiling. So it was definitely designed to come after Express Yourself

On 2/8/2017 at 5:23 AM, loowee said:

I shamelessly LOVE GMAYL. It's better than Living For Love, 4 Minutes and American Life. What a fun and catchy song! 

:blink:

2 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

:blink:

Yes I said it. GMAYL is a much better crafted record than LFL. 4 Minutes was a monster single choice but it's mostly JT singing and the production was generic.

34 minutes ago, loowee said:

Yes I said it. GMAYL is a much better crafted record than LFL.

^ Of course, but let's take it easy on 4 Minutes; that is the track of life itself!

56 minutes ago, loowee said:

Yes I said it. GMAYL is a much better crafted record than LFL. 4 Minutes was a monster single choice but it's mostly JT singing and the production was generic.

I like 4 minutes but I have always dreamed of a version in which Madonna sang the "we only have 4 minutes to save the world" line, that would have made the song 1000 times better. 

14 hours ago, horn said:

The demo is the BEST.

M.A.D. Don't make me!

Talking about M.I.A What the f*** happens with her? Did you listen her last song? Are we losing something between them? :provoke:

On 08/02/2017 at 2:28 PM, dollhouse said:

Whitney charted after Madonna.

What was her top 10 hit there after Give Me All Your Luvin?

^I think it was "I will always love you" wich reached #3 in March 2012

Never like this song when it first came out... but love the tour version very very much... and as time goes by... i found myself liking this song more n more... it is a fun song that celebrate my Madonna.. i hope she will sing GMAYL in the future tour..

Arnian- the lyrics (except perhaps for the raps) support as much. it's just that she shrewdly didn't market it as such. :gent: Along with the marching band, the placement fits very well, given EY and the bit of "She's Not Me."

Never liked it, it feels immature, but the video was great and she looked amazing in it. Too bad it wasn't I m Addicted or Love Spent

GMAYL was n2 on European radio , n1 in Japanesse ,so in a big part of the world it  was a popular song

Edited by littleGuzman

I guess GMAYL was Madonna's last hit (moderate sized). It wasn't completely 100% flop. It did way better than L4L thanks to the Superbowl but despite L4L having more extensive around the world, the song still couldn't chart on the top 100 in a lot of countries.

3 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

I guess GMAYL was Madonna's last hit (moderate sized). It wasn't completely 100% flop. It did way better than L4L thanks to the Superbowl but despite L4L having more extensive around the world, the song still couldn't chart on the top 100 in a lot of countries.

Let's be honest without Super Bowl and Nicky Minaj GMAYL would of gone the same way LFL did.

It had minor attention for 5 mins on the back of her incedible halftime.

I can only imagine what would of happened if she'd of taken soemthing like Music or Hung Up there as a new single!

But GMAYL was certianly a weak choice to unveil in her performance......I blame WE, it sapped so much of her time MDNA was thrown together last minute, as was GMAYL.