Mattress

"Give Me All Your Luvin'", the last Top 10 Hot 100 hit of her generation.

142 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, mnino said:

Other once huge artists that stopped charting in the Top 10 way before M:

Celine Dion - 1999

U2 - 1997

Bryan Adams - 1996

Bon Jovi - 1994

Excuse me! "We Are The World 25 for Haiti" made it to top 10 in 2010! :americanlife: 

I love this song also....the demo (without Nicki & MIA)

I truly hope that she can accomplish getting 2 more Top 10s

in the US, to round it off to 40 (even if she has to pay for it)

how many Top 10s does she have like in UK, Canada, Australia 

anyone know?

25 minutes ago, horn said:

Excuse me! "We Are The World 25 for Haiti" made it to top 10 in 2010! :americanlife: 

:lmao: 

If that's the case than that's Barbra's last Top 10. 

And Janet's too.

And Toni Braxton's also.

And Mary J's...

In the end, this song may have had more impact in the charting career of these ladies than in Haiti...

Maybe M SHOULD consider singing "Enough is Enough" with a bunch of other ladies against Trump. :chuckle:

P.S.: I love Aunt Celine. 

I hate this song with a passion

you wanna

Ive always liked GMAYL tbh. I remember the video was really applauded as 'a return to form' by the press after some of the lackluster videos from her previous era as well

I never get enough of GMAYL. One of my favs from the album & one of her best videos IN GENERAL.

38 minutes ago, mynameisdita said:

Ive always liked GMAYL tbh. I remember the video was really applauded as 'a return to form' by the press

I can see why! :wow:

tumblr_nzfan3PWlm1qzjr2jo2_r1_400.gif tumblr_nzfan3PWlm1qzjr2jo3_r1_400.gif

YAS :headbang:

#Respect4GMAYL

The MDNAT perfomance is LIFE CHANGING

The video is one of her best, the pub section is iconic! 

I prefer the demo too, the beat comes harder IMO :thumbsup: but I have to admit MIA's verse on the album version is AMAZING :headbang:   Nicki's on the other hand....I could live without TBH, her rapping on I Don't Give A and BIM are excellent but on GMAYL I don't know, I don't feel it that much. 

And now a little bit of perfection for you 

madonna3.gif?width=450&height=253

madonna2.gif?width=450&height=253

giphy.gif

madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-gif.gif?w

madonna6.gif?width=450&height=253

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

I prefer the demo too, the beat comes harder IMO :thumbsup: but I have to admit MIA's verse on the album version is AMAZING :headbang:   Nicki's on the other hand....I could live without TBH, her rapping on I Don't Give A and BIM are excellent but on GMAYL I don't know, I don't feel it that much. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Gorgeous but it's her most forgetable lead single.

5 hours ago, dollhouse said:

Whitney charted after Madonna.

because she died ..

It's blasphemy to say this song is better than LFL. Like what pipe are you smoking haha? Everything about LFL is better

Having said that I really like GMAYL but I wish it had more of the 60's beat fleshed out more and I agree that Nicki's rap on it sucks, especially in comparison to her awesome rap on BIM.

My only issue with the video is Madonna's insistence on the brick wall shots. The video was supposed to feel like one long take and it completely throws off the rhythm with the cut aways. The Director didn't want it but she insisted and I think it would be even better with the original idea.

GMAYL is better than Living For Love in every possible way.

Tour performance, video, song, single cover art. Everything. 

The single cover for LFL was non existent really so bad comparison but hell no.

LFL is a much better song than GMAYL. Why do you think the tour performance of GMAYL is better than LFL's? The cape, the matador theme, the bulls, the dancing, everything about it is a better concept and more original.  How in the world is the awesome concept behind LFL and the video being compared to dancing in a cheerleader outfit? I mean I loved the MDNA performance of GMAYL but give me a break.

The LFL Matador look is the best look she's had for an era in awhile and was a consistent theme during the promotion. It's great and the tour performance was badass

13 hours ago, pjcowley said:

:thumbsup:

Which version do you prefer? I still love and prefer the demo (that leaked) :angel:

Same here. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Arnian said:

The single cover for LFL was non existent really so bad comparison but hell no.

LFL is a much better song than GMAYL. Why do you think the tour performance of GMAYL is better than LFL's? The cape, the matador theme, the bulls, the dancing, everything about it is a better concept and more original.  How in the world is the awesome concept behind LFL and the video being compared to dancing in a cheerleader outfit? I mean I loved the MDNA performance of GMAYL but give me a break.

The LFL Matador look is the best look she'd had for an era in awhile and was a consistent theme during the promotion. It's great and the tour performance was badass

I agree with you in that I do prefer Living for love as a song.  But do admit to liking the video of GMAYL much more.   I appreciated the beauty and art of the video for Living for love but found the video was not a video I watched to watch on repeat.  With GMAYL, I can watch it time and time again and enjoy it.  Also, preferred the MDNA concert performance of GMAYL which took the song to an entire different level.  .  I actually thought Living for love used the wrong version in the tour.  Would have loved the more upbeat euphoric version.  

Just personal opinion of course and I liked hearing your view about both songs. 

I think GMAYL was in general received by the general public as a "what the fuck" moment because Madonna had produced so much better.

Hm. I've never thought of it the those terms. 

What a complete tragedy that this comically shitty single may very well go down as her last top 10 hit. 

It's a nice song. I only wish the MDNA era were managed better... So many missed opportunities... Masterpiece would have been a top 10 (or even a top 3) hit too, a December 2011 release would have been perfect.

3 hours ago, Orion said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

She needs to work with Megaforce again.

Too wonderful.

no, her only chance to get another top10 hit is to play superball again..

like gaga will get another top5 now.

2 hours ago, jazzyjan said:

I agree with you in that I do prefer Living for love as a song.  But do admit to liking the video of GMAYL much more.   I appreciated the beauty and art of the video for Living for love but found the video was not a video I watched to watch on repeat.  With GMAYL, I can watch it time and time again and enjoy it.  Also, preferred the MDNA concert performance of GMAYL which took the song to an entire different level.  .  I actually thought Living for love used the wrong version in the tour.  Would have loved the more upbeat euphoric version.  

Just personal opinion of course and I liked hearing your view about both songs. 

I do dig the GMAYL MDNA Tour version and it's a jam. Performance is great too but  I just love the dancing, the uniqueness, and the genuine attempt on her part to create something iconic with LFL. The video, look, theme etc. I'm still in love with how much dancing there is in the video.

There's mismanaged aspects to LFL (just like with GMAYL): the release timing, the red tint to the video (would be better without it) etc but I love it.

GMAYL always felt like a Super Bowl single to me not a lead album/new era indicator like LFL. I do honestly hope though that the next lead single doesn't leak months ahead of time like both of these and is handled better.

Madonna looks hot in it that vid

I purposely listened to ny radio stations when it was released to see if it would get airplay. During first weekend it seemed to be played several times, but it quickly disappeared off airwaves.

At least video views are very high even though it wasn't nearly as big like 4M in the US. Maybe payola would've helped all singles at the time even they were obviously weak for Madonna standards.