Mattress

"Give Me All Your Luvin'", the last Top 10 Hot 100 hit of her generation.

134 posts in this topic

Madonna Is truly the last man standing.

Sure, charts aren't all that important, BUT while we collectively tend to mock the Super Bowl boost "Give Me All Your Luvin'" received in 2012, it places Madonna YEARS beyond her "peers" in terms of U.S. Billboard chart success. It's, thus far, the last Top 10 Hot 100 hit of her generation of hitmakers in the U.S.... only five years ago!

Prince's last Top 10 hit charted in 1994,  George's in 1996, Gloria's in 1999, Michael and Janet's came in 2001, Whitney's also in 2001 (a re-release of 1991's Super Bowl "Star Spangled Banner" in the wake of 9/11)... Mariah --who started right after "Vogue" in 1990-- enjoyed a brief post-9/11 resurgance in 2005 that ended with her final Top 10 in 2009... but Madonna? 2012. THE ONLY ONE THIS DECADE.

BOW DOWN.

Still love this song. One of her finest videos as well.

Does Michael's posthumous release featuring Justin Timberlake a few years ago count? I seem to remember that single going top ten...

1 minute ago, twannak said:

Does Michael's posthumous release featuring Justin Timberlake a few years ago count? I seem to remember that single going top ten...

We're talking strictly during their lifetime. No questionable, posthumous cash grab crap they had no control over.

5 minutes ago, twannak said:

Haha ok

:kiss2: (though, hyper-technically, you're right)

52 minutes ago, Mattress said:

Sure, charts aren't all that important, BUT while we collectively tend to mock the Super Bowl boost "Give Me All Your Luvin'" received in 2012, it places Madonna YEARS beyond her "peers" in terms of U.S. Billboard chart success. It's, thus far, the last Top 10 Hot 100 hit of her generation of hitmakers in the U.S.... only five years ago!

Prince's last Top 10 hit charted in 1994,  George's in 1996, Gloria's in 1999, Michael and Janet's came in 2001, Whitney's also in 2001 (a re-release of 1991's Super Bowl "Star Spangled Banner" in the wake of 9/11)... Mariah --who started right after "Vogue" in 1990-- enjoyed a brief post-9/11 resurgance in 2005 that ended with her final Top 10 in 2008... but Madonna? 2012. THE ONLY ONE THIS DECADE.

BOW DOWN.

:headbang:

i LOVE GMAYL!!! And I mean LOVE IT. The song, the video, the vibe!!! For me, it's pure Madonna. 

I'm sorry but I can't hide it anymore.....I fucking love this song and always have!! Yes, the chanting is a little dorky but it's just so fucking catchy and I actually like the beat. The little 60's/surfer-ish kinda vibe. 

18 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I'm pretty sure Bitch I'm Madonna made the Hot 100

TOP 10.

17 minutes ago, Pud Whacker said:

:headbang:

i LOVE GMAYL!!! And I mean LOVE IT. The song, the video, the vibe!!! For me, it's pure Madonna. 

:inlove::inlove:

15 minutes ago, Kurt420 said:

I'm sorry but I can't hide it anymore.....I fucking love this song and always have!! Yes, the chanting is a little dorky but it's just so fucking catchy and I actually like the beat. The little 60's/surfer-ish kinda vibe. 

:inlove::inlove:

1 hour ago, pjcowley said:

madonna-give-me-all-your-luvin-gif.gif?w

One of her best videos ever. She looked so gorgeous with all the looks and the video clip held our interest from start to go. 

6 minutes ago, jazzyjan said:

One of her best videos ever. She looked so gorgeous with all the looks and the video clip held our interest from start to go. 

:thumbsup:

Which version do you prefer? I still love and prefer the demo (that leaked) :angel:

Honestly, video is one of my favorites from last three albums. 

Prefer the demo too. 

Always loved this song. 

Always have enjoyed GMAYL. I'll happily sit at the unpopular table. :yes:

I've always loved it. Don't get why so many people dislike it.

5 minutes ago, Crux said:

I've always loved it. Don't get why so many people dislike it.

Cause the lyrics are atrocious. It's a fun song though. :angel:

I shamelessly LOVE GMAYL. It's better than Living For Love, 4 Minutes and American Life. What a fun and catchy song! 

I love GMAYL too! I've always preferred album versions than demos, but in this case I think I prefer the later. There's one extended edit that's my favorite. 

10 hours ago, Mattress said:

Prince's last Top 10 hit charted in 1994,  George's in 1996, Gloria's in 1999, Michael and Janet's came in 2001, Whitney's also in 2001 (a re-release of 1991's Super Bowl "Star Spangled Banner" in the wake of 9/11)... Mariah --who started right after "Vogue" in 1990-- enjoyed a brief post-9/11 resurgance in 2005 that ended with her final Top 10 in 2009... but Madonna? 2012. THE ONLY ONE THIS DECADE.

BOW DOWN.

Whitney charted after Madonna.

Other once huge artists that stopped charting in the Top 10 way before M:

Celine Dion - 1999

U2 - 1997

Bryan Adams - 1996

Bon Jovi - 1994