MadonnaNation.com Forums
karbatal

Rebel Heart Tour DVD/Blu-ray: RELEASE DATE September 15th

HolidayGuy    0

Yeah, it would be unlikely that Showtime would "own" it forever. HBO aired her other concerts, and they each saw release (well, Blond Ambition-Nice on laser disc, but still a release).

JWAD    0
24 minutes ago, HolidayGuy said:

Yeah, it would be unlikely that Showtime would "own" it forever. HBO aired her other concerts, and they each saw release (well, Blond Ambition-Nice on laser disc, but still a release).

She's never signed over the rights to any of her concerts so why would she start now? I think there will be an exclusive period but M always has the copyright to all of her concerts either through Boy Toy Inc., Music Tours Inc., Tadpole Films and Semtex Films (all her companies). 

Barney    0

My dog has more inside info than mad-eyes.net They don't even say anything!

Pedro    0
10 hours ago, Barney said:

My dog has more inside info than mad-eyes.net They don't even say anything!

IKR

XXL    0
On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 2:29 AM, SPM said:

To sum up:

First, people panicked about the show not being filmed. Then it was.

Next, people panicked about Madonna not teasing it on Instagram. Then she did.

Then, people panicked about it never airing. Then it did.

Now, people are panicking about the physical release.

Anyone notice a pattern?

Panickville! :laugh:

It is customary for a home video release to follow a licensed broadcast, AFTER the time terms of the licensing have been fullfilled. It's been two months since the broadcast, you'd think six months had passed since then judging by some of the unnecessary alarmism

Madonna has always released her concerts except twice because they were tied to a documentary project and not mere featurettes or backstage footage

Kim    0
On 26/02/2017 at 3:25 PM, BrendanT1993 said:

Nice analysis

Full Article @ http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2017/17-02.htm#26a

'When do we get the tour DVD?'
Source: Mad-Eyes - 26 Feb. 2017 

Everything you need to know about the recordings for Rebel Heart Tour, Re-Invention Tour and Blond Ambition
It's the number 1 question on many Madonna fans' minds, especially now that we have no other Madonna projects going on. When will we finally get the DVD for the Rebel Heart Tour? And while we're on the subject, how about the DVD's of Re-Invention and Blond Ambition?

That full article is actually one of the most misinformed things I've ever read. Especially the stuff about RIT and BA which is just plain wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kim said:

That full article is actually one of the most misinformed things I've ever read. Especially the stuff about RIT and BA which is just plain wrong. 

if you want to correct them please i'm all ears

Kim    0
23 minutes ago, BrendanT1993 said:

if you want to correct them please i'm all ears

There's been a few topics over the years about RIT/BA filming etc. This one here contains a lot of useful info.  

Bat-Fan    0

Didnt she cancel RIT because of legal reasons, she fired the director and got a new one last minute but Hamilton sued so there was no release

Kim    0
17 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Didnt she cancel RIT because of legal reasons, she fired the director and got a new one last minute but Hamilton sued so there was no release

We don't know why but I doubt the Hamilton stuff has anything to do with it. The planned broadcast was cancelled (along with Hamilton) he sued for payment of the preparatory work he'd done. Madonna's team went ahead and filmed their own version anyway with Chris Lamb. Apart from the dodgy leaked full edit, we also have Burning Up and DAD that look like completed cuts of what would have been the DVD (not screen footage or badly filmed like that article claims) Personally I think it has something to do with Caresse Henry's passing. I think she was executive producer or something and the project (and the legalities) died with her.

Bat-Fan    0
Just now, Kim said:

We don't know why but I doubt the Hamilton stuff has anything to do with it. The planned broadcast was cancelled (along with Hamilton) he sued for payment of the preparatory work he'd done. Madonna's team went ahead and filmed their own version anyway with Chris Lamb. Apart from the dodgy leaked full edit, we also have Burning Up and DAD that look like completed cuts of what would have been the DVD (not screen footage or badly filmed like that article claims) Personally I think it has something to do with Caresse Henry's passing. I think she was executive producer or something and the project (and the legalities) died with her.

I think you are right about Henry, the whole thing was so sad and a big mess. I do wonder if legally she can relelease it someday now. I am sure it is ready and available for release, its just the legal issue that nobody knows the details about. As for bat, she can easily release the Nice show with no work needing to be done, that idiotic pioneer contract has expired now. 

luckystar90    0

From Madonna Extreme:

* NEWS: REBEL HEART TOUR DVD / BLURAY output is expected in April / May 2017.
After an endless waiting the preview aired on Showtime Networks in December had not been heard, but the deadline passed preview of the rights will finally be put on the market.
#Showtime Allows transmissions of up to two hours, while we know that the complete record will last more than 2 hours and 15 minutes since it will also include "Love Do not Live Here Anymore" and a song on demand, while in the extra content will be the 'exclusive intimate show of "Tears of a Clown".
Moreover, already in 2009 even with the Sticky & Sweet tour after it was broadcast on TV only after six months to March 2010 he was later released.
Meanwhile some other rumor on the net suggests that Madonna wanted to change and add more content
On the occasion of the #RebelHeartTour #Premiere in the United Kingdom, supported by the Madonna team event to be held Saturday, March 25 at G-A-Y in the Soho district of London, could be revealed official word on the release date.
We just have to wait even a few months ... So stay tuned #Madonna #QueenOfPop #RebelHeart #TearsOfAClown
thanks to: divinityofmusic

Nora    0

I want it now....

I already planned my viewing party ages ago. haha. I'm sure my friends already forgot about it.

Hope we get it soon

Bat-Fan    0
Just now, luckystar90 said:

From Madonna Extreme:

After an endless waiting the preview aired on Showtime Networks in December had not been heard, but the deadline passed preview of the rights will finally be put on the market.
#Showtime Allows transmissions of up to two hours, while we know that the complete record will last more than 2 hours and 15 minutes since it will also include "Love Do not Live Here Anymore" and a song on demand, while in the extra content will be the 'exclusive intimate show of "Tears of a Clown".
Moreover, already in 2009 even with the Sticky & Sweet tour after it was broadcast on TV only after six months to March 2010 he was later released.
Meanwhile some other rumor on the net suggests that Madonna wanted to change and add more content
On the occasion of the #RebelHeartTour #Premiere in the United Kingdom, supported by the Madonna team event to be held Saturday, March 25 at G-A-Y in the Soho district of London, could be revealed official word on the release date.
We just have to wait even a few months ... So stay tuned #Madonna #QueenOfPop #RebelHeart #TearsOfAClown

This sounds very good and might be true but it is not official news

Pedro    0
3 hours ago, luckystar90 said:

From Madonna Extreme:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

5 hours ago, luckystar90 said:

From Madonna Extreme:

Madonna Extreme? How reliable are they? And this reads like a google translate thing. 

Bat-Fan    0
Just now, madonna_fan1988 said:

Madonna Extreme? How reliable are they? And this reads like a google translate thing. 

This is just poorly written speculation

do not play with my feelings guys 

cocolattee    0

I can wait as long as it's packed with extra contents.

Not another bland the-only-extra-is-a-dancers-auditions-video kind of release.

And possibly some nice artwork (where's Kevin Reagan when you need him).

Bat-Fan    0

Doesnt it also depend on the label if there is a release? It is not just madonna who can decide. Interscope will not release anything if there is no commercial profit. But they probably thought of this before they spent money on shooting and editing the tour. 😊